RBS junior associates auditions

happy days

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to you all, my daughter and I read every post before we had the audition in May and it realy put her at ease, and she enjoyed the experience alot. Im looking forward to chatting to lovers of Dance and great dancer taxi/parents.

• Like 4

Congrats to Mumofpinks, dancing pickles, dancerdad and anyone else who's had good news so far. So excited for you all!! And agree that the philosophy of 'there's always next year' is great for those that haven't been as lucky this time round. Now I'm just trying not to let all the yes's on here skew my sense of reality for dd's results, which we're still waiting for!!!

• Like 4

This is very exciting - congratulations to all the YESs.  Please don't be too downhearted with a NO.  My DS tried for year 4 and got a NO but has just got into WL for year 7 so a NO now is certainly a disappointment but not the end of the story.  We auditioned again for year 5 and got in that time.  In a way I was happy it was just JAs for years 5 and 6 as for us there was a lot of travelling anyway.  I am sure that there are lots of similar stories out there.  Just being asked by your dance teacher to audition for JAs is a huge achievement.  

For those of you with YESs exciting times lie ahead.  It can seem like you have stepped onto a conveyor belt of auditions/boarding school etc which is not really something that I truly contemplated when we started off on the journey all those years ago.  Remember - you can step off the conveyor belt if you want, but if you are enjoying it stay on and enjoy the ride!

• Like 13

I sure hope so Happymum! It's been very helpful to read all these posts from current/past JA parents but I'm still a wreck from waiting. It's DDs birthday this week. If it's a no I'm not telling her till next week! If it's a yes it'll be a very happy birthday!

• Like 1

So sorry it's a "no" Grumpybearzuk, they sadly don't have many places in year 6 JA classes as most will be taken by current year 5 JAs. Your DD must be a lovely dancer if she was offered a place at Elmhurst Saturday classes and JA waiting list last year. Hope she's fine!

• Like 3

Hi, I'm new to the forum. We just got a no from Birmingham too. I'm leaving it till tomorrow to let my daughter know. Hoping we don't get the tears we got last year when she tried for year 4. At least she still has her Elmhurst JA class.

• Like 1

At the audition when they said results via email instead of letters I initially thought that would be better. However nearly two weeks down the line I am constantly checking emails whereas last year, when awaiting results, once the post had been I could switch off for another day and I think that's preferable!

• Like 5

Thank you happy mum :) to be honest she wasn't as enthusiastic as the last 2 years and she loves elmhurst so much , so much that that is the only school she wants to audition full time ! Just disappointed as she got waiting list last year, but as we now know from these last few years there are plenty more good options ;) well done to the yes's and sorry for the no's

• Like 2

We're a no this year, particularly upsetting as we were a swl last year. Going backwards doesn't seem to offer any chance of optimism somehow. Won't be telling her till after her birthday but before elmhurst auditions on Friday. Oh dear. Congrats to the yes's though, happy times xx

Congratulations to your DC Lema!

Sorry to hear about "no" emails.

I preferred letters as well Balletsisters. Even though I know that Bath results should be out tomorrow I keep checking my emails constantly since the first results were out!

• Like 1

I know what you mean twiglet we was on SWL too and she's been having private lessons with a ex royal ballet student who my mum knows and got a no this year and she thinks she's amazing ! And has right physique so I personally feel fed up with it but i know my dd will just keep on going !! Xx

• Like 1

hi all y

es we got a no again for Birmingham  , but got elmhurst assesssment class this sat - haven't told her yet and not sure how ? when ? cos she was so upset last

yeah at least she loves Elmhurst and got MTB summer school and EYB ( got place on that last week :) ) to keep her going - oh gosh what a rollercoaster ! 

Well done  to those of u that got yes :) 

I have told my dd Aly , not sure if I should have waited till after elmhurst assessments though as she is slightly deflated today and don't want it to affect her confidence as she does take things personally . Hope your dd is ok . Xx

• Like 1

Hi Grumybearzuk - I had to get her to tap and jazz class straight after school so will tell her later - it will be the talk of the morning at Elmhurst so best they know before the assessments ? !  I 'm hoping her ballet Teacher will give her some words of encouragement tomorrow - my dd thinks all she says is golden so hopefully it'll help her :) Thanks - hope ur DD is ok and really really hoping that they get through the assessments now  :)  

• Like 1