General Streaming Thread

Guest oncnp

Guest oncnp

WORLD BALLET STARS, Gala with the principal dancers of the Paris Opera, the Royal Ballet of London, the Staatsballet in Berlin, the Bavarian State Ballet, the Hungarian State Opera and Dutch National Ballet. 11 of June 2023

~1:03:40 for you Kaneko fans 

Edited by oncnp

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, oncnp said:

WORLD BALLET STARS, Gala with the principal dancers of the Paris Opera, the Royal Ballet of London, the Staatsballet in Berlin, the Bavarian State Ballet, the Hungarian State Opera and Dutch National Ballet. 11 of June 2023

~1:03:40 for you Kaneko fans 

The Grand Pas Classique also features Muntagirov.

• Like 3

I absolutely enjoyed the Vail NOW: PREMIERES! Mostly traditional - I was totally blown away by the Kyle Abrahams piece to Bach…so different from what I’ve seen from Abrahams before. I enjoyed the  dancer/choreographer Adji Cissoko (LINES Ballet); so liquidy, with the sinewy arms! 

excellent special performances by Dance Aspen and Ballet X. They’re both on my follow-up list to see more.

Glad that Lil’ Buck was back, dancing to the Gospel tune “By and By.” It just wouldn’t be a Vail Festival without Lil’ Buck. The baritone Davone Tines dressed as “Grandma Buck”  might have been too much…but I loved his strong voice. 🎼 

The Vail NOW: PREMIERES program can be seen, via the above LinkedIn site, through 14 August. Here is the playbill, with numbers in the order shown, with correct titles, names of dancers, etc. (Look out for my favorite new NYCB principal, Mira Nadon, in the new Kyle Abrahams piece to Bach - If You Run, I Might Fall…. She’s in a blue outfit, in one of the last pdds, with Chun Wai Chan, I think.)

Final correct playbill:

https://vaildance.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/8.7-NOW-Premieres_0807_1211.pdf

Enjoy!

Edited by Jeannette
  • Like 1

From other, recent, threads (I've no idea how long they'll be available for, otherwise I'd have put them in the Streams calendar):

4 hours ago, FionaE said:

Jacopo Tissi, formerly principal at La Scala and then Bolshoi, and since March 2022, a guest principal at La Scala has curated an interesting show called PAST FORWARD.  

There were two performances in July in Vicenza and Civitanova, and the third will be at the Teatro Antico di Taormina, Sicily on 17 August. 

The elite dancers participating alongside Jacopo are:

- Polina Semionova, principal in Berlin and also ABT

- Alina Cojocaru, principal in Hamburg, previously principal in Kyiv, RB, ENB

- Ksenia Ovysanick, principal in Berlin, previously rising star at ENB 

- David Motta Soares, principal in Berlin, previously rising star at Bolshoi

- Alejandro Virelles, principal in Berlin, previously principal in Cuba, Barcelona, Boston, ENB, Munich

The programme of the show has many interesting and unusual pieces in it … I’ll try to find the full listing to share.   Maybe it’s enough to know that Luigi Bonino staged Roland Petit’s L’Arlesienne for Alina and Jacopo as the closing piece.  Luigi is the AD of Petit’s ballets.  
https://www.instagram.com/p/Ct3_GWQIQR9/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

This YouTube interview is incredibly touching about Jacopo’s dreams for this show and the interviewer is himself in tears by the end.  There are plenty of clips of all the dancers involved. 

On 07/08/2023 at 20:43, Sabine0308 said:

This gala is now available to watch for free here:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Free Livestream from Wiener-Staatsoper 16th Sept. if you click on the link there is nothing there yet to say it's coming. No idea if it is just livestreamed or it will remain up longer, or what UK time it will be streamed. The Austrian staging time is 7-9.45pm. Not sure if you can just watch by using the link or if you will need to register and login first.

For all who are unable to experience Don Quixote live: Watch the performance on 16 September for free in our
live stream from home at play.wiener-staatsoper.at/

• With Liudmila Konovalova, Davide Dato, Brendan Saye, Ketevan Papava, Olga
  • Esina, Ioanna Avraam

Edited by jmhopton
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...

The Australian Ballet’s classic and ‘new ”Swan Lake” is streaming till Fri13 Oct
premidered 1977, Originally choreographed by Anne Wooliams. and directed by David Hallberg. New desige. sets and costumes.

Starring Odette/Odile:Benedicte Bemet, Prince Siegfried:Joseph Caley
https://australianballet.com.au/performances/swan-lake/melbourne

Ticket purchase ($Aus29)
https://my.australianballet.com.au/components/sharedsession?actionUrl=https://australianballet.com.au/api/session&returnUrl=https://my.australianballet.com.au/17994/17997|isPerf=1

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, alison said:

Thank you, summerluna, but that link doesn't work for me.  Is there another one you can post?  If so, I can add it to the Streaming Calendar.

try this one? Livestream on Ballet TV | The Australian Ballet

and according to my currency converter it comes out to  15.31GBP. $18.54 for us in the US

Edited by oncnp

Thanks for the Finnish stream, I have created an account. I also bought the Australian Swan Lake, which I am watching Act by Act. You can only watch once. 

They have a weird system as the link is sent in an email and then you are supposed to start watching and cast or connect by wire to your Smart TV. Couldn't get any of my devices to do that so I am watching on a laptop. Is anyone else having this problem? Every other stream I have bought from different companies put the watch tab on your account, so you only need to log onto the website and then log into your own account.

• Like 1

There is a free livestream from Dortmund Ballet featuring their AD and guest artists Iana Salenko and Dinu Tamazlacaru in SWAN LAKE at 11am tomorrow Sunday 8 October (10am in UK) 

It’s 90 minutes so presumably an insight type event. 

https://www.theaterdo.de/medien/mediathek/detail/m-matinee-schwanensee/?fbclid=PAAaa5PNN0pFvQ2wDljlwv4i4o7Bo9XKbtuJIAdCjXnOM33759VYtBXqB4axk_aem_AWb4IkpyG_mg7t3TBQesF0-eW57BMF_zdTknh6r-XhhNQ3lsvg-mZDSRarmuBQ8iGxY

Google translate:

MATINEE

Live from the Ballet Center Westphalia on Sunday, October 8th, 2023 from 11:00 a.m.!
Subsequently available until October 18, 2023, 11:59 p.m.

In the run-up to the premiere, the artistic team will present the creation on Sunday morning in the ballet center and provide information about the history, creation and background of the production. Members of the ballet company provide the first live insights into the choreography.

Swan Lake in a new version by Xin Peng Wang will premiere at the opera house on October 21, 2023.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Naomi M said:

Finnish National Ballet's 2022 production of Swan Lake

Thank you, Naomi. I just can't get over the fact that the Finnish name for Swan Lake is Joutsenlampi 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Angela said:

Thank you, Naomi. I just can't get over the fact that the Finnish name for Swan Lake is Joutsenlampi 🤣🤣🤣

Oh it is indeed Joutsenlampi in my mother tongue 😃

• Like 2

Dortmund Ballet this morning … that was a good insight from a ballet studio.  Some spoken in English, if you don’t understand German it didn’t matter.   The dance sections shown were all super.   Looks like a good new version.  

Livestream available to watch until 18 October. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can't find the reference to it in here now, but just a reminder that the Bavarian State Ballet is streaming Wheeldon's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland this coming Sunday (with VOD on 28th October).  Details are in the streaming calendar, at least.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Angela said:

Casting for the live stream of Alice from Munich:

Madison Young as Alice, Jakob Feyferlik as Jack, Shale Wagman as White Rabbit, António Casalinho as Mad Hatter.

Thanks for the reminder.  I’m looking forward to this 👍

• 1 month later...

Dresden Semperoper Ballett will stream a performance of “A Swan Lake” by Johan Inger on Dec 17th, 19.00 CET via Arte Concert. But as I can’t find the English page for the stream, I’m not so sure if it will work everywhere – I guess Spuck’s “Bovary” did, so let’s hope this new Swan Lake will too, the premiere is one week before the stream. Available as VOD for three months afterwards via Arte Concert

https://www.arte.tv/de/videos/116718-000-A/peter-tschaikowsky-schwanensee/

https://www.semperoper.de/en/whats-on/schedule/stid/swan-lake/62280.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2