General Streaming Thread

Guest oncnp

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 17/12/2023 at 10:48, Naomi M said:

Opéra National de Bordeaux will be streaming their new production of Giselle live on December 19th 20:00 CET and it will be available until June 19th 2024 on Opera Vision.

Choreography Eric Quilleré after Jules Perrot & Jean Coralli

Giselle
Marini Da Silva

Albrecht
Riku Ota

Myrtha
Ahyun Shin

The Mother
Pascaline Di Fazio

Hilarion
Riccardo Zuddas

was watching this version of Giselle but is more contemporary , is ok adapt to the new times but i prefer the classical version ,maybe is good idea see both versions but always is good read the libretto and see the classical ones first 

• Like 1

Angela, I have thanked you and replied on the "News from Germany, Switzerland etc" thread by mistake. I can sometimes get arte concert, but maybe when I have registered and /or paid to see something.

6 hours ago, Tattin said:

but maybe when I have registered and /or paid to see something.

Tattin, I don't think you have to pay for arte concert, as far as I know it's for free. Or geoblocked 😔

Does anyone know if there are plans for the Royal Ballet's Cinderella to be put onto ROH stream in the near future? I watched it in cinema last year and really want to watch it again but I don't have a DVD player so can't buy the DVD from the ROH shop :( 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/03/2024 at 21:56, Tippytoes17 said:

Does anyone know if there are plans for the Royal Ballet's Cinderella to be put onto ROH stream in the near future? I watched it in cinema last year and really want to watch it again but I don't have a DVD player so can't buy the DVD from the ROH shop :( 

I have been reliably informed that Cinderella has now been added to the ROH stream.  

2 minutes ago, Sim said:

I have been reliably informed that Cinderella has now been added to the ROH stream.  

This has made my day 🤣 thank you - I know what I’ll be watching on my 5 hour car journey tomorrow 😂

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sim said:

"

Our 2023 production of Cinderella has just been added to Royal Opera House Stream! Take a journey into the ethereal fairy tale world and join our next watch party on Monday 1 April at 5pm(GMT). 

Frederick Ashton's choreography has everything you'd want from a magical adaptation of this beloved tale: fairy godmothers, hilarious step-sisters and a handsome prince. We want everyone to have a special evening, so we've gathered some treats for you to make a night of it at home, plus there's an amazing prize for the most sparkling watch party that we see!

Let us know you're coming using the button below then gather your loved ones together on Monday 1 April."

4 minutes ago, San Perregrino said:

"

Our 2023 production of Cinderella has just been added to Royal Opera House Stream! Take a journey into the ethereal fairy tale world and join our next watch party on Monday 1 April at 5pm(GMT). 

Frederick Ashton's choreography has everything you'd want from a magical adaptation of this beloved tale: fairy godmothers, hilarious step-sisters and a handsome prince. We want everyone to have a special evening, so we've gathered some treats for you to make a night of it at home, plus there's an amazing prize for the most sparkling watch party that we see!

Let us know you're coming using the button below then gather your loved ones together on Monday 1 April."

I’ve just had a check and it says coming soon so it must be the 1st that is available from 

Some hereabouts might be interested in this Celebration of the late, great Arthur Mitchell - legendary NYCB dancer and founder of the Dance Theater of Harlem who would have turned 90 on 27th of this month.  This is one of the Studio 5 presentations from New York's City Center and is available for free on demand until 9th April.  It features the wonderful NYCB principal Chun Wei Chan doing the Agon PDD which Mitchell originated.  He's a lovely dancer.  It starts with a little film about Mr. Mitchell's involvement in inspiring the Chance to Dance programme for the Royal.

Edited by Bruce Wall
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

News that a gala in Belgrade Serbia will be livestreamed on YouTube 

SATURDAY 27.4.2024

19.00 Belgrade, Serbia

UTC+2

18.00 BST / UK

https://www.youtube.com/live/0YNhN5D48I4?si=_CLfghXgYikJNnX3

Impressive participants and programme:

Fumi Kaneko & Vadim Muntagirov

(Royal Ballet)

BLACK SWAN

COPPELIA

Anna Tsygankova & Giorgi Potskhishvili

(Dutch National Ballet)

TANGO by Xin Peng Wang

DON QUIXOTE

Shiori Kase & Gabriele Frola

(English National Ballet)

CORSAIRE

NO MAN’S LAND by Liam Scarlett

Nao Harada & Guilio Diligente

(Finnish National Ballet)

TALISMAN

AYE solo for male dancer by Emrecan Tanis 

https://www.instagram.com/p/C6ItXCtIxbi/?igsh=aHVtcjZ5ZHN4dGpk

Arranged by Petar Dorcevski, former first soloist and assistant artistic director with Slovenia National Ballet in Ljubljana.  Trained in Belgrade, Princess Grace in Monaco, and Vienna State Schools. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

On 25/04/2024 at 13:09, FionaM said:

News that a gala in Belgrade Serbia will be livestreamed on YouTube 

SATURDAY 27.4.2024

19.00 Belgrade, Serbia

UTC+2

18.00 BST / UK

https://www.youtube.com/live/0YNhN5D48I4?si=_CLfghXgYikJNnX3

Impressive participants and programme:

Fumi Kaneko & Vadim Muntagirov

(Royal Ballet)

BLACK SWAN

COPPELIA

Anna Tsygankova & Giorgi Potskhishvili

(Dutch National Ballet)

TANGO by Xin Peng Wang

DON QUIXOTE

Shiori Kase & Gabriele Frola

(English National Ballet)

CORSAIRE

NO MAN’S LAND by Liam Scarlett

Nao Harada & Guilio Diligente

(Finnish National Ballet)

TALISMAN

AYE solo for male dancer by Emrecan Tanis 

https://www.instagram.com/p/C6ItXCtIxbi/?igsh=aHVtcjZ5ZHN4dGpk

Arranged by Petar Dorcevski, former first soloist and assistant artistic director with Slovenia National Ballet in Ljubljana.  Trained in Belgrade, Princess Grace in Monaco, and Vienna State Schools. 

Vadim pointed out to me that the organizer of the Gala does not have permission from the individual performers to live stream, so he does not believe that the live stream can take place.  So we'll see.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Silver Capricorn said:

Vadim pointed out to me that the organizer of the Gala does not have permission from the individual performers to live stream, so he does not believe that the live stream can take place.  So we'll see.

thank you for this alert.  

I wonder who would withhold their permission 🤔.  Or is it a case of being paid extra?  

Other galas with these participants have been recorded by the organisers and uploaded to YouTube afterwards. 

Well, it is happening. Not the best streamed experience - there is a slight delay between the movement of the dancers and the sound, which makes the dancers look slightly off the music. Plus shifting camera angles (and generally the wrong angle at the wrong moment - do we really want to watch a big solo from a 45 degree angle?). And they have muted out the applause which makes for very odd viewing as the dancers do their big bows to resounding silence….

Still, I suppose it’s good they are streaming it at all.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, FionaM said:

thank you for this alert.  

I wonder who would withhold their permission 🤔.  Or is it a case of being paid extra?  

Other galas with these participants have been recorded by the organisers and uploaded to YouTube afterwards. 

After all, the live stream from Belgrade is functional.  I relied a little on the fact that Serbia would not worry about copyrights and artists' consent 😉.

• Like 1

Well, they have muted out the applause, which makes for very odd viewing with the dancers doing their big bows to resounding silence! Perhaps they think that will convince the powers that be that it is not ‘live’…..😁

Not the best streaming experience, with a very slight lag making the dancers seem ever so slightly off the music. And annoying changing camera angles - who wants to see a big solo from a 45 degree angle? Or an empty stage because the angle shift is missing the action? Quite annoying. But better than nothing.

Fumi and Vadim particularly gorgeous in Coppelia.

• Like 1

Took ages for it to begin for me and I gave up thinking it was never going to happen (two people writhing over and over though).  I see it's all there now from the beginning (silent intro?) at around 12 minutes in so that's all OK!  I can catch up. 

While I agree it wasn't technically ideal in filming or sound I still enjoyed all the performances apart from the Aye solo, which was not at all to my taste, so 7 out of 8 is a good ratio for a gala. A nice mixture of dancers who are among my favourites, dancers who I've only seen a little of before, and dancers who were new to me.

• Like 1