DON QUIXOTE - ROYAL BALLET AUTUMN 2023

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Ondine said:

Wow, what an amazing cast....all those fabulous names from the past:  Belinda Hatley, Emma Maguire, Natasha Oughtred, Ludovico Ondiviela, etc. etc.    I saw this performance (or this cast, not sure it was this night), and it was wonderful.  Anyway, sorry, I don't want to start a diversion from DonQ.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Silke H said:

Her Espada being Benjamin Ella in the Hinkis, Acri cast on Saturday evening. Julia Roscoe as Queen of the dryads.  Lots of role debuts there

I’m very excited for tomorrow evening!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Beryl H said:

I would love to see La Sylphide at the ROH again 😊

So would I, I absolutely LOVE it. Sadly not seen on the main stage since 2012 so perhaps it has been ditched ? ENB have a lovely version which last had an outing in 2018, maybe the new director will revive it. Frola would be sensational as James - I can live in hope ! 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, annamk said:

So would I, I absolutely LOVE it. Sadly not seen on the main stage since 2012 so perhaps it has been ditched ? ENB have a lovely version which last had an outing in 2018, maybe the new director will revive it. Frola would be sensational as James - I can live in hope ! 

way more chance of it appearing at ENB, than with the RB

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, annamk said:

might La Sylphide (at least that production) have left the RB repertoire with Johan Kobborg's departure?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Silke H said:

might La Sylphide (at least that production) have left the RB repertoire with Johan Kobborg's departure?

I believe so.  More's the pity.  Maybe it will appear again one day.  Such good memories of it, including having the wonderful Sorella Englund guest as Madge.  

• Like 5

@JohnS I can't quote the post because it's in the Autumn casting thread rather than this one but several weeks ago @Silver Capricorn posted Avis's dates & he's down as Don Q for the matinee tomorrow. I guess as Saunders has been filmed as Don Q a couple of times already it makes sense to have the other experienced Don Q in the cinema cast this time around.

By the way, does anyone know if Gartside is going to be doing Don Q in this run? As Whitehead made his debut a couple of weeks ago I thought Gartside might be getting a go too.

12 minutes ago, Dawnstar said:

@JohnS I can't quote the post because it's in the Autumn casting thread rather than this one but several weeks ago @Silver Capricorn posted Avis's dates & he's down as Don Q for the matinee tomorrow. I guess as Saunders has been filmed as Don Q a couple of times already it makes sense to have the other experienced Don Q in the cinema cast this time around.

By the way, does anyone know if Gartside is going to be doing Don Q in this run? As Whitehead made his debut a couple of weeks ago I thought Gartside might be getting a go too.

Bennet Gartside has posted photos on IG of him in hospital following a shoulder operation.

• Thanks 3

Casting for today 28th October 😊😊

https://www.roh.org.uk/tickets-and-events/43/don-quixote-by-carlos-acosta/cast-list/56220

https://www.roh.org.uk/tickets-and-events/43/don-quixote-by-carlos-acosta/cast-list/56221

Apologies - this should have been posted on the casting thread. I got a bit too excited about these casts.

Edited by capybara
  • Thanks 3