On 22/08/2023 at 09:09, Rob S said:

According to Yuhui Choe's IG story she's going to be Mercedes for the first time, as is Leticia Dias (from her story last week)....the question of when goes unanswered for now, of course

I was hoping for Choe in the Nunez cast🤞

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Dawnstar said:

The other McRae-related cast change just up. This one I was not expecting: Hirano making his Des Grieux debut at 40!

Manon-2.png

Just saw it on the website too- congratulations to Ryoichi! It's about time! Looking forward to seeing him as Des Grieux.  Wonder why the website omits the Mistress casting. Wishing Steven McRae a successful and complete recovery from his surgery (hope to see his Des Grieux after he is fully recovered- I still haven't managed to see one where he hasn't been replaced due to injury yet). 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Emeralds said:

Wonder why the website omits the Mistress casting.

I feel like the Mistress & Monsieur GM casting was on the website until recently but has now vanished - unless I'm going mad from too much time spent checking for cast changes for the last few weeks, which is quite possible!

Edited by Dawnstar
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dawnstar said:

I feel like the Mistress & Monsieur GM casting was on the website until recently but has now vanished - unless I'm going mad from too much time spent checking for cast changes for the last few weeks, which is quite possible!

I think you're right - it was there at one point.

10 hours ago, Dawnstar said:

8 hours ago, alison said:

If Hirano's taking over as Des Grieux, does that necessitate the casting of Lescaut (and his Mistress) being changed as well?

there may be a trickle down or ripple effect through the Company as a result of these changes

• Like 1

9 hours ago, alison said:

If Hirano's taking over as Des Grieux, does that necessitate the casting of Lescaut (and his Mistress) being changed as well?

I don't see why.  There isn't that much exchange between them and DG, and they still have a couple of months to rehearse.  

10 minutes ago, Sim said:

I don't see why.  There isn't that much exchange between them and DG, and they still have a couple of months to rehearse.  

Exactly.

Alexander Campbell is dancing both roles, admittedly not debuts but obviously possible. And Hirano has a very experienced Manon in Lamb.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sim said:

I meant, will he drop Lescaut/change his scheduled performances of the role, and will that then have a knock-on effect?

The disappearance of casting for Mistress and M GM (Lescault is there) may also be just another ROH IT error. It will not be the first time they have changed one thing and various other things have disappeared. 

Edited by oncnp

• 4 weeks later...
On 14/11/2023 at 13:53, Jamesrhblack said:

Hirano / Hay seems almost as challenging visually as Clarke / Campbell…

I rather like the idea of a shorter man playing Lescaut … it may give more desperation to his character and situation.  

Edited by FionaM

2 hours ago, FionaM said:

I rather like the idea of a shorter man playing Lescaut … it may give more desperation to his character and situation.  

Could be, although it does make their scene together at the end of Act 1 visually unbalanced. If I recall, Anthony Dowell and David Wall were more equally balanced in height (and swapped the roles on occasion) and the Act 11 Pas de deux for Lescaut and his Mistress was created on Wall and Monica Mason, the latter at the time thought of I, I’ll be corrected if wrong, as one of the taller female dancers.

• Like 1

Mind you, what do I know about height. I’ve recently come across a clip of the Dance of the Cygnets from Swan Lake on You Tube (I’m surmising from the 2012 Cinema broadcast) which I have always associated with smaller dancers featuring Francesca Hayward, who I’d think it could be agreed is notably small in height, and Yasmine Naghdi, who I would never have thought of as being on the smaller side of things at all…

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Jamesrhblack said:

Mind you, what do I know about height. I’ve recently come across a clip of the Dance of the Cygnets from Swan Lake on You Tube (I’m surmising from the 2012 Cinema broadcast) which I have always associated with smaller dancers featuring Francesca Hayward, who I’d think it could be agreed is notably small in height, and Yasmine Naghdi, who I would never have thought of as being on the smaller side of things at all…

Yasmine is not particularly tall.  She is 5'4".  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have any further info on Duets in the Clore on 25 Feb? It’s the only programme I am remotely interested in but lack of info does not encourage me to book tomorrow.

1 hour ago, PeterS said:

Gary Avis has posted on IG that he will dance Monsieur GM in Manon as follows:

17th, 19th Jan

3rd mat, 7th, 14th, 17th mat February

2nd, 8th March

Interesting that compared to the casting on the first page of this thread he's not only taken over 2 performances originally assigned to Gartside (who presumably is still not fully recovered) but also 2 performances originally assigned to Whitehead.