RB Divertissements Bill June/July 2021 Casting Info

But I looked already just to see after Robs post ....I can’t make the 9th or the 11th anyway but wanted to see what came up and I got the usual message for anywhere in the House on those dates! 
There’s a chance I could do the 8th but the same for that date as well. 
I am doing this from a phone would that make any difference....and I’m not a Friend. 

4 minutes ago, LinMM said:

But I looked already just to see after Robs post ....I can’t make the 9th or the 11th anyway but wanted to see what came up and I got the usual message for anywhere in the House on those dates! 
There’s a chance I could do the 8th but the same for that date as well. 
I am doing this from a phone would that make any difference....and I’m not a Friend. 

I let it go after my above post, read your post and see it’s still there C27 for 8/7 is still available 

• Like 1

I don’t look at the price range which would indicate any obstruction of view though so haven’t gone into the cheapest seats for any area and don’t like extremely high up in the Amphi so perhaps when I’ve said anywhere in the House this may not be true then but that means they are only prepared to sell single seats which may not be so popular. 
I have just managed to go into the date Rob mentioned and it did come up with a single seat ....for the first time....in Row C in Stalls Circle but it’s obstructed view. 
Does anybody know if the Friday single seats being offered are all ones with restricted views or is there a cross section of the House available? 

1 minute ago, LinMM said:

Have you sat there before? Did you have a problem seeing the stage? 

Yes I have and no, no problem…they are also loose bar stool type eats so you can angle them or move them slightly to suit. You may have had a problem seeing Leto doing her stuff at the top of the steps in Apollo but nothing on the stage itself 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bluebird said:

After much searching I’ve found that Mats Ek has choreographed a ballet with that name.  If that is the work to be danced, it's difficult to see how Mats Ek fits in with the whole of the following ROH website's description of the diverts: 

"A selection of short works ..... by choreographers who have shaped The Royal Ballet’s history and pushed the boundaries of ballet today."

He's certainly pushed the boundaries but how has he shaped The Royal Ballet's history?

Edited to add a link to a review of the première of Ek's "Woman with Water"

https://www.seeingdance.com/ek-kylian-naharin-royal-swedish-ballet-23032020/

It's probably what's also titled "Wet Woman" - created for Sylvie Guillem:

Sylvie Guillem - Wet Woman (Full Ver.) - YouTube

I'm glad that Voices of Spring will follow this...not vice versa. :)

Edited by Jeannette
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LinMM said:

Does anybody know if the Friday single seats being offered are all ones with restricted views or is there a cross section of the House available? 

My guess is that they're whatever the ROH hasn't been able to sell as pairs.  Does anyone have any evidence to support or contradict this?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dawnstar said:

I'm glad it's not just me who's not heard of it. The diverts aren't quite was I was expecting. I thought they would be mostly the "traditional" gala set pieces rather than being mostly relatively modern works.

I'm slightly disappointed that the SB cast for the streamed performance is Nunez & Muntagirov. Before anyone screams at me, I'm not doubting that they'll do it brilliantly. It's just that they've already been recorded in a complete SB so it would be nice, especially for archive purposes, to have a different leading couple filmed.

Yes, I'm with you Dawnstar. I'd hoped the diverts were going to be a bit innovative but perhaps not as innovative as they turned out to be! There's no pleasing some people!  Having seen how terrific Vadim was in Winter Dreams I wish he'd been streamed in that not SB  (though it would have been a lovely touch to let Beatriz' last performance to be in a 'major' role; albeit rather truncated.) Still, perhaps it was her choice to finish with this role if Christopher Wheeldon has so such a big influence in her career. I'm thrilled the recording will include Naghdi/Sissens in Morgen. Even though it's not a piece I especially enjoy it's always good to see Joseph in different roles and a livestream too so international exposure for him. Lovely they're finishing with Sambe/O'Sullivan in Voices of Spring; one of my favourite Ashton pieces. I'll have to replay the Foundation rehearsal of it. So pleased SheilaC and I have tickets for the final matinee so we'll be able to see Vadim in Winter Dreams and Beatriz' last performance. I wonder if it will be marked in any way?

• Like 4

Sorry back to tickets for a minute. 
I can see that C.27 is about level with D.1 standing. I think I get the idea about the overhang from having stood on either ends of the standing from time to time it’s a nuisance ( eg I’d rather be a few steps along towards the centre so to speak) but it’s not so bad.....better than at the top of the Amphi anyway!!  
Ive only got two dates I can go now on June 30th or July 8th and the 8th isn’t ideal as will have this mad dash to get back to Brighton by midday on the 9th for final “end of term” piano concert for our City Lit zoom piano group (which I probably should be practising for all day on the 8th lol) and then immediately afterwards have to go careering off to Cambridge!! 
I would have done the Amphi thing again on the 30th...bought two tickets ...but all the seats myself and friend prepared to sit in are gone!! 
I might try to see what the Friday singles comes up with for the 30th which is the better date really. I think the 8th will be too exhausting but thanks for the info about the seat there .....might be worth considering in the future. 

Some years back I did a workshop working on a bit of choreography by Mats Ek. 
It was a bit from his Giselle. 
A touch weird to say the least and certainly not easy to do but have never actually seen it performed so couldn’t judge it in that way. 
Im assuming any work by him will be pretty contemporary and probably quirky too but no doubt entertaining!! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jmhopton said:

Yes, I'm with you Dawnstar. I'd hoped the diverts were going to be a bit innovative but perhaps not as innovative as they turned out to be! There's no pleasing some people!  Having seen how terrific Vadim was in Winter Dreams I wish he'd been streamed in that not SB  (though it would have been a lovely touch to let Beatriz' last performance to be in a 'major' role; albeit rather truncated.) Still, perhaps it was her choice to finish with this role if Christopher Wheeldon has so such a big influence in her career. I'm thrilled the recording will include Naghdi/Sissens in Morgen. Even though it's not a piece I especially enjoy it's always good to see Joseph in different roles and a livestream too so international exposure for him. Lovely they're finishing with Sambe/O'Sullivan in Voices of Spring; one of my favourite Ashton pieces. I'll have to replay the Foundation rehearsal of it. So pleased SheilaC and I have tickets for the final matinee so we'll be able to see Vadim in Winter Dreams and Beatriz' last performance. I wonder if it will be marked in any way?

I doubt whether they will be able to have flowers onstage and flower throws.  They clearly think it's dangerous to pick up a bouquet of flowers.  I was hoping that as this was post June 21st they would have relaxed and let flowers be presented to this lovely dancer onstage.  But now that we have all been flummoxed with yet another month of restrictions, I very much doubt whether anything can happen onstage.  How I wish I am proved to be wrong...Beatriz deserves more.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Sim said:

I doubt whether they will be able to have flowers onstage and flower throws.  They clearly think it's dangerous to pick up a bouquet of flowers.  I was hoping that as this was post June 21st they would have relaxed and let flowers be presented to this lovely dancer onstage.  But now that we have all been flummoxed with yet another month of restrictions, I very much doubt whether anything can happen onstage.  How I wish I am proved to be wrong...Beatriz deserves more.

I don't understand why flowers aren't allowed on stage. They are arranged and delivered by real people as are some 'goodie bags' which I have seen being taken in through the Stage Door.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, capybara said:

I don't understand why flowers aren't allowed on stage. They are arranged and delivered by real people as are some 'goodie bags' which I have seen being taken in through the Stage Door.

Apologies - I have just noticed that this post lost a sentence! I meant to say that, as all flowers and gifts have already been handled on their way into the ROH, one or two more people presenting bouquets on stage would surely not make much difference in terms of infection risk.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, capybara said:

Apologies - I have just noticed that this post lost a sentence! I meant to say that, as all flowers and gifts have already been handled on their way into the ROH, one or two more people presenting bouquets on stage would surely not make much difference in terms of infection risk.

I agree.  And the ushers bringing them on the stage would no doubt be wearing masks and gloves so I don’t get what the problem is.  

• Like 3

Just now, Dawnstar said:

I'm slightly disappointed that the SB cast for the streamed performance is Nunez & Muntagirov. Before anyone screams at me, I'm not doubting that they'll do it brilliantly. It's just that they've already been recorded in a complete SB so it would be nice, especially for archive purposes, to have a different leading couple filmed.

Agreed. I would rather see them together in winter dreams tbh (curious about it)

Well it certainly could be Takada as the reason it is not confirmed yet could be because of her injury ...they want to see if she will be okay or not ...but Takada and Hay would be lovely ...though I wouldn’t be able to go 😢 

Yes Takada /Hay would have been wonderful but unless she is picking up, say, a Princess Florine in SB Act 3,  it now seems she won't be appearing for the rest of the Spring/Summer RB programme.😕 She is scheduled for Dracula in Japan in August and for Athelhampton in September, so hopefully she expects to be fully fit again for those.

• Like 2