RB Divertissements Bill June/July 2021 Casting Info

Yasmine Naghdi has announced on Instagram that she will be dancing Aurora on July 8th and 11th, and will be dancing Wayne McGregor's Morgen as well (she didn't specify dates).

We are 11 days away from opening night and we still have no (official) indication of the programme nor of much casting.  Come on ROH, we are waiting with baited breath!!  

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Sim said:

Yasmine Naghdi has announced on Instagram that she will be dancing Aurora on July 8th and 11th, and will be dancing Wayne McGregor's Morgen as well (she didn't specify dates).

How lovely. One of my artists is singing the last four performances of Morgen (including the stream) so, with no disrespect to Francesca Hayward, I hope they will coincide….

I wish the ROH would hurry up and announce casting for this bill, especially for the live stream on the 9th (?) - it’s less than a month away so I can’t understand why even provisional casting isn’t available. 😕

• Like 4

According to an email just received from ROH - 

We are delighted to announce ballet casting for the Autumn performances of our 2021/2022 Season. Ballet casting and further details for this Season’s Beauty Mixed Programme will be available on our website later this week.

• Like 5

And, now, Marcelino Sambe has posted a photo of himself with Anna Rose O’Sulliva rehearsing the Voices of Spring pas de deux.

He notes that it’s for the next RB programme whereas Anna Rose put up the same image without the explanation 😁

• Like 7

How lovely that Beatriz will end her ballet career as she started it...in a piece by Christopher Wheeldon.  She has been his muse for many years and I can't imagine how much he will miss her...just as we all will.  :(

• Like 15

Well what a stroke of luck that is, about 20 minutes ago I was browsing the seats on offer and had the choice of 9th and 11th July Stalls Circle single seats and was wondering which if any may have Beatriz in them…went for the 11th and have just seen that will be her last performance 

• Like 6

To those who may be now looking for a ticket on the 11th if you go to ticket exchange/sell etc section Hambleton still has two Amphi tickets at £43 for this date. 
Id love to have gone if free but a 70th birthday party ( outside) is happily taking place still! 

Repertoire and casting for the diverts now on the ROH website.  I've copied and pasted the first night casting so as to post the repertoire

https://www.roh.org.uk/tickets-and-events/beauty-mixed-programme-dates

Edited by Bluebird
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, Darlex said:

Can anyone enlighten me - who or what is the 'Woman with Water'?

After much searching I’ve found that Mats Ek has choreographed a ballet with that name.  If that is the work to be danced, it's difficult to see how Mats Ek fits in with the whole of the following ROH website's description of the diverts: 

"A selection of short works ..... by choreographers who have shaped The Royal Ballet’s history and pushed the boundaries of ballet today."

He's certainly pushed the boundaries but how has he shaped The Royal Ballet's history?

Edited to add a link to a review of the première of Ek's "Woman with Water"

https://www.seeingdance.com/ek-kylian-naharin-royal-swedish-ballet-23032020/

Edited by Bluebird
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Darlex said:

There's a piece of that name by Mats Ek - could be that?

**** simultaneous post

Edited by Jane S

12 minutes ago, Rob S said:

Woohooo a refreshment trolley 🙂

I'm shaking with laughter!!!!! Any idea what other refreshments will be available on her trolley?

14 minutes ago, Darlex said:

I'm glad it's not just me who's not heard of it. The diverts aren't quite was I was expecting. I thought they would be mostly the "traditional" gala set pieces rather than being mostly relatively modern works.

I'm slightly disappointed that the SB cast for the streamed performance is Nunez & Muntagirov. Before anyone screams at me, I'm not doubting that they'll do it brilliantly. It's just that they've already been recorded in a complete SB so it would be nice, especially for archive purposes, to have a different leading couple filmed.

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, Darlex said:

I'm shaking with laughter!!!!! Any idea what other refreshments will be available on her trolley?

I’ve got a vision of Victoria Wood’s Trolley sketch, Osipova/Magri/Kaneko miming ‘is it on the trolley, can you point at it?’ 

• Like 3

RobS in an earlier post above you said you were “browsing the seats on offer and had the choice of the 9th or 11th July Stalls Circle single seats”.....

I am a bit puzzled by this because it has been impossible to book single seats anywhere in the House ...they just don’t come up 🤔 

I know there is this Friday offering of singles now but where you have to ring up to book so you can’t really browse! 
Are you seeing something I’m not seeing! 
Love your “refreshments” comment that made me laugh 😂 

4 minutes ago, LinMM said:

RobS in an earlier post above you said you were “browsing the seats on offer and had the choice of the 9th or 11th July Stalls Circle single seats”.....

I am a bit puzzled by this because it has been impossible to book single seats anywhere in the House ...they just don’t come up 🤔 

I know there is this Friday offering of singles now but where you have to ring up to book so you can’t really browse! 

i assume they were returned seats…but it was the same seats, SC C27 and C30 for 8,9 and 11/7 

Looking right now C27 for 8/7 is still available 

9 minutes ago, LinMM said:

i posted this yesterday on the  thread about single seats:

If anyone is interested, when I looked this morning, 16th June,  there were single seats available on the ROH website for most performances of the Beauty Mixed Bill including Amphi, Balcony, Stalls Circle & Orchestra Stalls.”

• Like 1