Vocational school applications for Y7 entry 2022

BalletBoysDad

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, BalletBoyMum1 said:

Thank you .... just checked and my son is on the reserve list. He will be happy as I know some movement happens as other results come in.

same for us - just relived to know and move on 😀. Good luck all on your on you onward journey!

• Like 3

Awww huge congratulations to all the reserve list….I reckon there’s going to be a huge amount of movement on that list so don’t lose hope.

we haven’t had an email and the post man has been so I can’t help but wonder since DS couldn’t make the final due to having covid that they may have forgotten about him 🙈

Unless the emails are still coming through… that’s probably it. 

• Like 2

DD is on the reserve list too. She didn’t take it well as she wanted it so badly but in the long run I think it will all work out for the best. It was a fabulous school but so far away for us that it really felt as though we’d be sending her properly away. I’m sad for DD that she didn’t get the news she wanted but relieved in a way. 

It feels as though we have come full circle having received an offer earlier and then going through the audition process to come right back to where we started but I’m so pleased we’ve done it as what I felt was right in my heart turns out to be the place that DD will be 😁We can now plan ahead and look forward to September. 

Good luck to all your wonderful children. The resilience they have to go through this process with the knock backs and offers along the way, they will all be stronger for it. Exciting and nervous times ahead for us all I’m sure.

Good luck to all having to make decisions  Trust your gut feeling 💐

• Like 6

As a mum whose DD got knock back after knock back from age 8 to 11, she is definitely a stronger character now.

She stopped auditioning, found a lovely non vocational ballet school and then started again this year for Yr10.  It’s been a much better experience all round.  Even if it comes to nothing, it has been well worth the journey 😊

All our DCs should be immensely proud of having the guts to go for it!  

Good Luck to everyone still waiting on news 😊

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Dancermom said:

Well done to your DD for getting the reserve list for Tring. Did she apply for Royal and Elmhurst? X 

Thank you. Yes she did. She reached the semis for Royal but unfortunately didn’t get to finals for Elmhurst. We were at Hammond finals so still waiting for that result 🙈

We’ve done them all 😁. Hence the rollercoaster! 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, SJBallet said:

Thank you. Yes she did. She reached the semis for Royal but unfortunately didn’t get to finals for Elmhurst. We were at Hammond finals so still waiting for that result 🙈

We’ve done them all 😁. Hence the rollercoaster! 

Oh good luck with the results from Hammond! It’s a crazy time xx 

30 minutes ago, Dancermom said:

They said 10 days at the audition but I was expecting the results this week. Do they always wait until after the graduate auditions? X

They said 10 days to us last year too, it was 10 working days I think.  I think they do usually wait for upper school auditions as they are the following week.  Only guessing but maybe because they need to know how beds they could possibly need in total ? Who knows, I am totally guessing here just gave my opinion based on our results last year x

Edited by Ballet Dreams

7 minutes ago, Ballet Dreams said:

They said 10 days to us last year too, it was 10 working days I think.  I think they do usually wait for graduate auditions as they are the following week.  Only guessing but maybe because they need to know how beds they could possibly need in total ? Who knows.

I was hoping for this week but it may be a bit longer then! 😬

1 minute ago, MissEmily said:

Anyone thinking Elmhurst results today or tomorrow, or are we now assuming next week?

I think the upper school callback auditions are today so I would say tomorrow or early next week for results 🤦‍♀️ Xx 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MissEmily said:

@dancermom I know about girls, but not boys. 29 girls (according to my not-always-totally-reliable pupil!) were at the second day and they’ll offer 13 girls places.

Thanks! That’s a lot to whittle down! X 

22 minutes ago, MissEmily said:

@dancermom I know about girls, but not boys. 29 girls (according to my not-always-totally-reliable pupil!) were at the second day and they’ll offer 13 girls places.

I believe there were 16 boys day 2 but have no idea of how many they will offer - good luck everyone 😃

1 hour ago, MissEmily said:

They will offer as many places as they want. They don’t have a set number, sometimes it’s less than 13 girls, some years have a lot more than that. 15 girls started with my ds in y7. 

Hope you all have answers soon!

• Like 2