Tring ballet question

Whiteduvet

Dd was successful last year, she wore split sole canvas and the scruffiest leotard she owned 🤣

She forgot to pack her audition leotard so wore one that had been festering in the bottom of their dance bag so  I don’t think it matters what is worn.  Good luck to you all, Tring is a lovely school x

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/02/2021 at 17:40, Daintydancer said:

Does anyone know the dress code for Tring auditions? Is it leather or canvas shoes? Belt? Colours? 😬

It definitely doesn't matter. I'd keep it plain and simple though. Belts are not necessary and whatever shoes your DD usually dances in. And remember, socks not tights! Good luck!

• Like 1

This is a personal question only you know your child, if you are teaching her the way forward for ballet auditions then it’s a great opportunity to ask her about what colour makes her feel good and what she would like to wear. My child was miss worrier so for us it was all part of her preparation and she is still super organised now when it comes to auditions and packing for contracts. I explained that no baggy leotards, why  we don’t wear knickers under leotards it’s like a swimming costume, new socks or the nicest pair we have in a bag kept nice,  hair must be immaculate maybe a tiny flower or ribbon that matches her leotard, matching coloured waist elastic or contrasting helps her remember to lift out of her waist. I encouraged her to pack her own bag, have spare everything, clean or new tight canvas split sole but most importantly of all use your smile to let everyone know how happy you are to be showing them your ballet and enjoy yourself.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Canary said:

This is a personal question only you know your child, if you are teaching her the way forward for ballet auditions then it’s a great opportunity to ask her about what colour makes her feel good and what she would like to wear. My child was miss worrier so for us it was all part of her preparation and she is still super organised now when it comes to auditions and packing for contracts. I explained that no baggy leotards, why  we don’t wear knickers under leotards it’s like a swimming costume, new socks or the nicest pair we have in a bag kept nice,  hair must be immaculate maybe a tiny flower or ribbon that matches her leotard, matching coloured waist elastic or contrasting helps her remember to lift out of her waist. I encouraged her to pack her own bag, have spare everything, clean or new tight canvas split sole but most importantly of all use your smile to let everyone know how happy you are to be showing them your ballet and enjoy yourself.  

No knickers?  Really?  Is that a new concept?  My daughter has gone through 8 years of vocational school and numerous auditions and has never gone knickerless.  It's nothing like a swimming costume.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Jewel said:

No knickers?  Really?  Is that a new concept?  My daughter has gone through 8 years of vocational school and numerous auditions and has never gone knickerless.  It's nothing like a swimming costume.

Not new at all. My DD hasn’t worn knickers under her leotards for years. She graduates this year ☺️

• Like 2

No underwear has been a concept for many years.  It’s the norm, I thought. But with the advance of new seamles stretch fabrics and virtually invisible underwear, I suspect it won’t be the norm in future.

• Like 1

Nowadays there is plenty of choice for nude dance underwear in various cuts for those who feel more comfortable (and therefore more confident) wearing knickers under their leotard. They are available in very small sizes for children too. 

In its specification the RAD states that, for exams, it is not acceptable for a teacher to prohibit candidates from wearing underwear. 

• Like 2

I don’t know that it’s been the norm; in all her years of exams, associates, auditions and a brief time at upper school, my dd always wore underwear.  Seamless, high leg, high waist undies were always available, even 10+ years ago, and were not visible even under high leg and low back leotards.  

It’s personal choice and certainly won’t affect whether or not a place is offered. 

I suspect that not wearing underwear was the original way to avoid any possibility of underwear showing. Now that high leg, seamless, high waisted knickers or full

bodysuits are available even in smaller sizes it isn’t necessary to do without altogether. My DD didn’t ever forego underwear but we did ensure that it was never visible (even to the extent of ‘remodelling’ knickers when necessary 😉). 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 03/03/2021 at 20:07, SissonneDoublee said:

The Junior Associate uniform list for RBS includes nude seamless knickers for under the white leotard. They definitely don’t mind knickers!

Hello! Where did you buy those please? Thank you!