White lodge video audition - making a video

The red shoes

11 minutes ago, PetitJeté said:

Yes, that makes sense. It’s a big drop from JA numbers, and of course not all centres run MAs, so that narrows the field. 

On the zoom a few months back they said there are around 160 JAs but only around 50 MA places round the country x 

• Like 1

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Huge drop in numbers from JA to MA and it just depends on how many places there are in your centre as to how many spots there are. I am assuming this year there will be fewer as none of the current MAs were assessed?

It’s a very long wait to know if you can continue particularly for those JAs that have already had no to WL final 

1 hour ago, BalletBoyMumma said:

Oh no. :(  That is much fewer than I’d expected. 

Our JA teacher recommended not limiting the application to just MAs (like we were planning to) - I understand why now. 

I didn't even consider this, I feel like I've put my DD at a massive disadvantage by not ticking WL!  I can't see how any DC stand a chance of getting a MA place if they only applied for MA's 😒

11 minutes ago, InOverOurHeads said:

I didn't even consider this, I feel like I've put my DD at a massive disadvantage by not ticking WL!  I can't see how any DC stand a chance of getting a MA place if they only applied for MA's 😒

There are definitely places that go to non-WL finalists. Just as there are often WL places that get offered to intensive course students (apparently, going by these and other dance forums). If the DC has what the school are looking for they’ll have them, no matter how they applied. 

I think it’s just that MA places are hard to come by (maybe even more so this year?!) and she wanted us to consider WL, which we were adamantly against boarding early on but have kind of come round to the idea now (...not that he’ll get a place). 

:( 

Edited by BalletBoyMumma

Don’t forget that a lot of children offered MA places will also have other vocational school applications. Almost all the girls in DD’s class at vocational school were also offered MAs, so there is a lot of movement on the waiting list. Once the vocational places are taken into account that takes maybe 120 children out of circulation! 😂

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SissonneDoublee said:

Don’t forget that a lot of children offered MA places will also have other vocational school applications. Almost all the girls in DD’s class at vocational school were also offered MAs, so there is a lot of movement on the waiting list. Once the vocational places are taken into account that takes maybe 120 children out of circulation! 😂

A good reminder. Thank you!

The waiting is the most stressful thing - it drives you a bit crazy (well it does to me). 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, PetitJeté said:

Just a random question for those who’ve been already, what was the situation with snack breaks? Just trying to work out how much to send! I’m assuming 1 snack will be enough? 

DS said they were allowed to eat in the ‘yellow’ waiting room. He said they spent quite a bit of time in there before and between audition and physio (so do take something to read/play with because they had to sit in their own allocated spaces).

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Raquelle said:

There is nothing more stressful than turning up at your hotel the night before an audition and realising it has closed down!!!! Luckily premier inn squeezed us in! @balletdreamsmust have been the same hotel only they forgot to email me to tell me....I haven't even bought wine! 

Oh my goodness!!! That is terrible of them. 😳

Glad Premier Inn had space. Maybe grab a wine - I certainly would need to in that situation. Bless you. 

Breathe. It will be fine. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Raquelle said:

There is nothing more stressful than turning up at your hotel the night before an audition and realising it has closed down!!!! Luckily premier inn squeezed us in! @balletdreamsmust have been the same hotel only they forgot to email me to tell me....I haven't even bought wine! 

Oh no! You poor thing! Glad you got sorted, at least it was tonight rather than audition day itself! Get the gins in! Good luck to your DD for tomorrow!

11 minutes ago, Raquelle said:

Omg ! Hope you’re settled now. Good luck for tomorrow! X

53 minutes ago, Raquelle said:

OMG! Glad your sorted something out. 

10 minutes ago, Raquelle said:

Thank you! My DD is so emotional...its a lot for them after months of being locked down x 

Glad you got sorted! Not what you need at all. Definitely have a glass of wine. I’m still stressing about not getting this text through even though I know email is ok, would of rather had both, will try it again tomorrow as we are Saturday. We all deserve drinks when it’s all over and done with 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Raquelle said:

Oh no I did think it was the travel lodge that my hubby had booked that cancelled they moved us to the Twickenham one instead,  mine was cancelled last Monday!  Two days after booking.  That’s so bad they didn’t let you know.

Awww. 🥺 Lots of hugs needed. 

Weloveballet - can you print it? It was the email we printed and DS handed in, I didn’t show the text. If you can’t, screenshot the email just incase and it’ll be fine - we found phone signal a bit sketchy up at WL. But others did show their phones (that could have been text or email). 

Edited by BalletBoyMumma
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BalletBoyMumma said:

Awww. 🥺 Lots of hugs needed. 

Weloveballet - can you print it? It was the email we printed and DS handed in, I didn’t show the text. If you can’t, screenshot the email just incase and it’ll be fine - we found phone signal a bit sketchy up at WL. 

thank you that reassures me then if you showed the email not the text, I’ve printed it off along with all the other print offs needed today, I just don’t understand why I didn’t get a text, but you’ve put my mind at rest thank you 😀

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Raquelle said:

Thank you! My DD is so emotional...its a lot for them after months of being locked down x 

It really is a lot for them. Especially with all the build up to it. And the fact they havnt been in a studio since way before Christmas. They’re all superstars x 

37 minutes ago, Weloveballet said:

Glad you got sorted! Not what you need at all. Definitely have a glass of wine. I’m still stressing about not getting this text through even though I know email is ok, would of rather had both, will try it again tomorrow as we are Saturday. We all deserve drinks when it’s all over and done with 

We are there Saturday! I’ve got my DD some treats for in the car on the way home after the audition, I think I might take myself some too 🤣

• Like 1