White lodge video audition - making a video

The red shoes

Just now, The red shoes said:

I gave her a print out which she kept but another parent showed the text message on her phone and she was fine with that too xx 

I gave them a print out of the test results and she also asked for the physio questionnaire at the door.

• Like 2

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, The red shoes said:

My ds said he saw your ds and waved at him ☺️. He is looking forward to seeing him properly on Thursday xxx 

My ds thought your ds did not recognize him when he first waved at him. My ds was pleased to see him across the room. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BalletBoyMum1 said:

We are 9am too. See you both there!

We are staying overnight the night before as it's too far to drive that early. I'll take a bath bomb so he can have a relaxing bubble bath in the hotel before bed. 

We did bath bombs last night too. I think I was the most exhausted one, no longer used to days out, or too much excitement for me and yes the wait was long with not being able to sit outside the car really. The waitrose toilets in Sheen were out of order too by mid afternoon. My ds enjoyed it but hard to get details out of him.   

Hi everyone. How far before the audition did they send the health form? We are leaving Wales Monday afternoon and will be in hotels till Friday when she has the rbs audition so won't have chance to print the form off unless they send it Monday morning.is it the sort of form you can fill in online? Or do you have to print off and give in? I have emailed the audition team but they didn't get back to me x 

Just now, Raquelle said:

Hi everyone. How far before the audition did they send the health form? We are leaving Wales Monday afternoon and will be in hotels till Friday when she has the rbs audition so won't have chance to print the form off unless they send it Monday morning.is it the sort of form you can fill in online? Or do you have to print off and give in? I have emailed the audition team but they didn't get back to me x 

Im

sure hotel reception can print it off for you if you email it to their email address whilst there? Xx 

1 minute ago, Raquelle said:

They sent it on the 9th for the 12th.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Raquelle said:

Happy to email you a a blank form (private message me if you wish),  I assume it is the same form as there were a couple of menstrual history questions. 

2 minutes ago, Lara Eschler said:

Happy to email you a a blank form (private message me if you wish),  I assume it is the same form as there were a couple of menstrual history questions. 

@Raquelle, you will also need to print to permit to enter Richmond Park though which has the specific date of the audition.. 

• Like 1

Someone mentioned the local Waitrose toilets being out of order. Does anyone know where there might be other public toilets nearby? Someone mentioned a Sainsbury’s I think? My daughter will need to visit a loo beforehand, so would be handy if anyone knows. 

Just now, PetitJeté said:

Someone mentioned the local Waitrose toilets being out of order. Does anyone know where there might be other public toilets nearby? Someone mentioned a Sainsbury’s I think? My daughter will need to visit a loo beforehand, so would be handy if anyone knows. 

The toilets in the park were open which are the closest.

Just now, PetitJeté said:

as you follow the road out of white lodge you’ll get to a roundabout where you go right. That will take you towards an exit of the park. Just before the exit is another roundabout. Take a right, and there’s a car park on your left. There are toilets there as well as a place to get teas/coffees. Xx

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PetitJeté said:

In Richmond we used the toilets at Wholefoods, the Costa across from the Waitrose in SHeen let us used the toilet also.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lara Eschler said:

In Richmond we used the toilets at Wholefoods, the Costa across from the Waitrose in SHeen let us used the toilet also.  

I agree on that. If getting changed the toilets in Wholefoods in town are definitely the cleanest/most spacious but you’d have to park somewhere nearby and walk there. We initially stopped at the Sainsbury’s for the loo but they were so dirty DS changed in the car in the WL car park instead.

2 hours ago, Bunny said:

I know the email said results within two weeks but I wonder if they will be held up a bit while they assess the boys who perhaps couldn’t attend in person? Last year the boys attended finals on the Friday and had their results on the Monday I believe! Now that’s a quick turn around! x

Gosh! Really???? I don’t think I want to know that quickly. DS is still riding high on how much he enjoyed the day. 😅 I don’t want to break his little heart yet (he really fell in love with the place despite going in with zero expectation of getting in 😬). 

• Like 2

So great to hear of such positive experiences boys just had.  Wishing them all every success!!

It's been mentioned that a permit would be required to enter the park.  Is it for all, even those coming on foot, or just for those arriving by car? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BalletBliss said:

So great to hear of such positive experiences boys just had.  Wishing them all every success!!

It's been mentioned that a permit would be required to enter the park.  Is it for all, even those coming on foot, or just for those arriving by car? 

I think just for the car and no one really checked ours. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BalletBliss said:

The permit is just for cars but I think everyone is sent one just incase. Will you be coming via taxi or walking? (it is a very long walk but certainly doable if the weather is good, just give yourselves plenty of time). If taxi, it might be worth printing one. I think they let you in at the gate (at WL) if they can see the permit in the windscreen. Though otherwise you just pop out and press the buzzer to be let in. I think it’s more if the road is restricted to access only, which sometimes happens. Or if you need to enter after park hours to pick up your DC. 

No academic assessments this time (to our relief). :) Just audition and physio. 

• Like 2

Just now, BalletBliss said:

Thanks, Lara!

Would someone please also confirm: was it just the class and physio, nothing else (e.g. writing a short essay about themselves, etc.)?  Thx  

Just class and physio though our group had the physio first which  was a shame as they weren’t warmed up when being manipulated in all directions lol. 
Ds said the panel asked them a few questions each at the end. 
Also ds group didn’t do improv as they ran out of time!! Didn’t even have time for a reverence lol xx it was late though 6:30 pm x 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BalletBoyMumma said:

The permit is just for cars but I think everyone is sent one just incase. Will you be coming via taxi or walking? (it is a very long walk but certainly doable if the weather is good, just give yourselves plenty of time). If taxi, it might be worth printing one. I think they let you in at the gate (at WL) if they can see the permit in the windscreen. Though otherwise you just pop out and press the buzzer to be let in. I think it’s more if the road is restricted to access only, which sometimes happens. Or if you need to enter after park hours to pick up your DC. 

No academic assessments this time (to our relief). :) Just audition and physio. 

Thanks a lot for the detailed reply, that's really helpful!

We will be walking (don't have a car :)).  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, PetitJeté said:

Maybe try Sainsburys close to Richmond Circus or Asda at Roehampton. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BalletBliss said:

Thanks also BalletBoyMumma and The Red Shoes for describing what happens on the day.  My DD really needs to know in advance as much as possible to have a peace of mind :)

I’m sure she will have the most wonderful time. Smile lots, befriend others and dance like you love it. DS said the chaperone was really lovely too. I just asked him for any advice and he says don’t worry, it’s way more fun than you think it will be - if he could do it all again, he would. And best of luck. ❤️

• Like 3

Just now, Dancermom said:

Thanks for all the info! Oh gosh I wonder what questions they’ll be asked at the end. I thought they’d got over that with the zoom interview 🤦‍♀️🤣

DS said it’s just things like their age, how long they’ve been dancing and why they enjoy dancing. Nothing too scary. :) 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dancermom said:

Thanks for all the info! Oh gosh I wonder what questions they’ll be asked at the end. I thought they’d got over that with the zoom interview 🤦‍♀️🤣

My son said they asked why they started dancing and what they like doing in their spare time xx

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, BalletBoyMumma said:

I’m sure she will have the most wonderful time. Smile lots, befriend others and dance like you love it. DS said the chaperone was really lovely too. I just asked him for any advice and he says don’t worry, it’s way more fun than you think it will be - if he could do it all again, he would. And best of luck. ❤️

My son said the chaperones were really lovely too. It seems it was all very relaxed x

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BalletBliss said:

Thanks, Lara!

Would someone please also confirm: was it just the class and physio, nothing else (e.g. writing a short essay about themselves, etc.)?  Thx  

Hi there! Good luck for next week! No written tests. Just a couple of questions in the class about how you got started in ballet, other interests etc. Nothing difficult!

• Like 2

I remember reading on here last year I think that there is a certain “type“ of personality WL & Elmhurst pick ..... eg one likes one type and the other a different type of personality. Anyone else heard this? I know WL is all about image so I would imagine that’s what the interview was for and maybe the questions at the end of audition . Watching how they interact with the other children whilst waiting around etc