White lodge video audition - making a video

The red shoes

3 minutes ago, Lara Eschler said:

I am a bit concerned he did not have it. Also some boys went into 2 separate physio rooms? I think your ds was in the same group, did they just do frogs on their back? Or maybe my ds was not concentrating and missed the exercise entirely?

Yes, same group. If your DS didn’t then he wasn’t the only one to not have this test. Only on googling from what he’s explained I think it’s a measure of turnout range. If they can already see it maybe they wouldn’t need to test for it? (My DS doesn’t have anywhere near flat turnout, standing or in frog...the tummy one with legs in a diamond, he said they did that too). 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Lara Eschler said:

He did say his shin was manipulated while laying face down. Maybe he did not realize there was a gadget?  All your dss seem much better at recounting the event.  

That’s the one! 

I’m only hearing more as time goes on but if anything it’s stressing me out more - and DS is getting fed up of me asking, bless him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BalletBoyMumma said:

Yes, same group. If your DS didn’t then he wasn’t the only one to not have this test. Only on googling from what he’s explained I think it’s a measure of turnout range. If they can already see it maybe they wouldn’t need to test for it? (My DS doesn’t have anywhere near flat turnout, standing or in frog...the tummy one with legs in a diamond, he said they did that too). 

That's cool I learned something new, did not know what a goniometer was. My ds must have not being paying attention and just did not do the ones on his tummy in the class. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lara Eschler said:

He did say his shin was manipulated while laying face down. Maybe he did not realize there was a gadget?  All your dss seem much better at recounting the event.  

Haha maybe that’s because I interrogated him all the way home 😆😆

• Like 1

That's cool I learned something new, did not know what a goniometer was. My ds must have not being paying attention and just did not do the ones on his tummy in the class. 

Oh I bet he was, just they forget sometimes.

DS has said he didn’t do certain things in the audition to later say ‘I remember now, we did do that.’ 🤦‍♀️
I was glad when others confirmed they didn’t do improv - I was worried he’d somehow missed his favourite part by going to the toilet or getting distracted with something else he shouldn’t be doing (it could happen). 🤣

• Like 1

DS did say some were asked to repeat things or show exercises again. He had to redo the seated pike, tummy frog (his worst!!! 😳) and a funny jump that he doesn’t know what it’s called - he said it wasn’t a sauté but something starting in first but legs go apart that he felt was strange but I’ve just googled it and seems it was a sauté (but according to my eldest daughter the ballet method they do differs as legs should always squeeze together unless it’s sautés in second?!?!? I am so confused now 😬😰 I wish I’d never asked! 😅). 

Edited by BalletBoyMumma
Clarity

My Ds is asleep now but I am sure he said he was lying face down when she used the machine so perhaps for those who don’t recall having it they just didn’t notice? My DS also went into two rooms for physio and he said all of his group did. Two members of his group were also called back into the room to re-do some of the stretches. I think we could

agonise forever over what this and that could mean! x

• Like 2

Yes, I think (hope) it might be like the video viewing times again. The worry over why some were watched almost in full and others just for two minutes or so (ours was one of those). There was no correlation with times and who made finals! We’ll never know what they are doing and why they do it that way. And if we could, I don’t think we’d want to - the selection process must be painful to witness.
My DS said he felt like a show dog...😳😬 ...but then said it was great fun and he wants to do it all again (phew!) 

If they had a fun, then it was a great experience and settle it at that for now (it’s in the hands of the panel). The more we know, the more we’ll agonise over it but it won’t change anything. 

Edited by BalletBoyMumma
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Weloveballet said:

A question from the boys groups when you did the lateral flow tests and put the results into the website did the text come through straight away/ soon after? 

The first one I did was immediate (like 2 or 3 minutes)  but the second, more recent one took about 4 hours. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lara Eschler said:

Oh really, wow. 

Yes, I spent that time panicking that I’d done something wrong as our practice one a few days before was so quick. I think it must have just been a very busy time for the system. The schools were mass testing then. 

@Weloveballet We did ours the day before (you don’t get a time of test on the email, just a date btw so that will be fine :) ). 

Edited by BalletBoyMumma
  • Like 1

Good morning everyone, 

Looking at last year dates, it seems like the boys got the results 5 days after the audition, so this would be tomorrow. Does anyone know more about dates for boys who could not attend in person or people abroad? 

I actually really would prefer not to get results tomorrow (as it is ds birthday and right before Elmhurst, lol).

3 minutes ago, Lara Eschler said:

Good morning everyone, 

Looking at last year dates, it seems like the boys got the results 5 days after the audition, so this would be tomorrow. Does anyone know more about dates for boys who could not attend in person or people abroad? 

I actually really would prefer not to get results tomorrow (as it is ds birthday and right before Elmhurst, lol).

It was actually the audition on the Saturday 29th Feb and they found out Tuesday 3rd March!!!! 
I don’t want it before Elmhurst audition ( unless in the unlikely event it’s good news of course). I just won’t tell ds if it’s bad news before Elmhurst. 
Happy birthday to your ds for tomorrow xx

• Like 1

Hi, there’s another thread on here, someone asking about what happens if you can’t make the audition, so maybe some information on that, last I read they said they’d be contacted after Easter I think but then everyone that goes to the audition should have heard by then so... 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dancermom said:

Hi, there’s another thread on here, someone asking about what happens if you can’t make the audition, so maybe some information on that, last I read they said they’d be contacted after Easter I think but then everyone that goes to the audition should have heard by then so... 🤷‍♀️

I connected on that thread on Sunday to see if the person in question had heard anything but no resins was yet 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The red shoes said:

It was actually the audition on the Saturday 29th Feb and they found out Tuesday 3rd March!!!! 
I don’t want it before Elmhurst audition ( unless in the unlikely event it’s good news of course). I just won’t tell ds if it’s bad news before Elmhurst. 
Happy birthday to your ds for tomorrow xx

Thank you so much! So I got the dates wrong  so the results would have been yesterday if same as last year? It would probably be later this year then with people who could not attend, etc. I thought of not telling him but he has access to social media, etc. We are very prepared for a no, but would prefer it after Elmhurst too. xx 

Thank you so much! So I got the dates wrong  so the results would have been yesterday if same as last year? It would probably be later this year then with people who could not attend, etc. I thought of not telling him but he has access to social media, etc. We are very prepared for a no, but would prefer it after Elmhurst too. xx 

The thing is, it’s all a bit later this year too so they’ll want to get it all sorted ASAP! Maybe you’ll hear soon xx 

2 minutes ago, Lara Eschler said:

Ahhh ok... thankfully I’ve managed to escape getting ds a phone but turning 11 in August and promised him one 🙈.  I think they will hold off this week as they all know when the other schools auditions are ... I’m hoping not to hear. Like you we’ve prepared ds for a no and I have been quite frank about it just so he isn’t too disappointed xx 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dancermom said:

Do you think we could hear about MAs before Easter? Will they need to know who accepts for the school first before offering MAs do you think? Xx

My ds associate teacher said realistically looking at May to find out about MA’s . There is a lot of shuffling around with accepting or rejecting places etc first 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The red shoes said:

My ds associate teacher said realistically looking at May to find out about MA’s . There is a lot of shuffling around with accepting or rejecting places etc first 

I think people who get offers for a full-time place have a short period of time to accept. I did not realize it would be until May for Associates. I have to start looking at other Associates Schemes too. We are applying for Central School of Ballet which has the audition of 5th of June. I cant wait to know what ds is doing next year for sure. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, The red shoes said:

😩 now that is a long time to wait lol! X

Just now, Lara Eschler said:

I think people who get offers for a full-time place have a short period of time to accept. I did not realize it would be until May for Associates. I have to start looking at other Associates Schemes too. We are applying for Central School of Ballet which has the audition of 5th of June. I cant wait to know what ds is doing next year for sure. 

Same here! X

• Like 1