White lodge video audition - making a video

The red shoes

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope everyone has had a wonderful audition today. And good luck for those tomorrow and Sunday too! 

We are day 7 of no results today - do you reckon we are safe from expecting results for the weekend? (I really, really want my life back from this obsessive refreshing of emails 😅🤣

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, BalletBoyMumma said:

Hope everyone has had a wonderful audition today. And good luck for those tomorrow and Sunday too! 

We are day 7 of no results today - do you reckon we are safe from expecting results for the weekend? (I really, really want my life back from this obsessive refreshing of emails 😅🤣

These last two emails from RBS have made me jump! I think Monday now it’s after 5pm but suppose you never really know! x

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Returnofthejedi said:

How have the finalists got on today?? Any tips for our travels such as road works ect. Think I recall someone saying road closures in the area last weekend.

Hope your DDs have all had a wonderful day xx

Lovely day! One very tired girlie but she came out smiling and said it was a nice audition. How did everyone else get on...? X 

• Like 5

Just now, Raquelle said:

Lovely day! One very tired girlie but she came out smiling and said it was a nice audition. How did everyone else get on...? X 

In terms of tips...leave loads of time to get to the lodge...i didn't realise how big Richmond Park is! The sat nav took me to a park entrance with a road closure so had to drive to another entrance which added on 15 minutes to our journey x 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Raquelle said:

In terms of tips...leave loads of time to get to the lodge...i didn't realise how big Richmond Park is! The sat nav took me to a park entrance with a road closure so had to drive to another entrance which added on 15 minutes to our journey x 

Oh gosh, thanks for that info. Was the road closure at Sheen gate??

In one of the emails, it mentioned if there are barriers at the gate, to drive round them and show the pass. Not sure if the instructions are different on a weekday vs weekend. Will report on here when we go tomorrow, although we’re not due to arrive until lunchtime. 

• Like 1

Just now, PetitJeté said:

In one of the emails, it mentioned if there are barriers at the gate, to drive round them and show the pass. Not sure if the instructions are different on a weekday vs weekend. Will report on here when we go tomorrow, although we’re not due to arrive until lunchtime. 

Yes we went last Friday... sheen gate entrance. It looks like you can’t go through but you can go past the barriers.. just keep going straight but drive slowly as walkers and cyclists have right of way 🙈

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Returnofthejedi said:

So anyone going tomorrow if you can let us know if this gate is open and if not which entrance you successfully entered through. That would be most helpful.

Hi! Last Friday when we went the Richmond gate and Roehampton gates were open. Sheen gate access road ( from inside the park) had barriers across it and it's now showing on my Google maps as closed...might be better to play safe and aim for one of the others...Hope this helps and good luck!

Edited by TwirlyWhirly
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Returnofthejedi said:

So anyone going tomorrow if you can let us know if this gate is open and if not which entrance you successfully entered through. That would be most helpful.

We went in and out of the Richmond Gate,  it did say in the email that someone would let us out and in the sheen entrance once the park had closed but no one was there not sure if we were early or late so we just turned around and went out the Richmond Gate.  Good luck to everyone auditioning over the weekend.  My DD was the last audition today and had the most amazing time.  It really is a magical place. 

• Like 2

Dropped dd off about an hour ago, bit of a nightmare getting into the park, lots of traffic, and some sort of cycle event going on today. Once we got in, some cyclists were being aggressive towards us, saying we shouldn’t be in there! We ignored them! 😀

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PetitJeté said:

I’m not sure it was a cycle event actually, just lots of cyclists! 😂

It does get VERY busy with cyclists. 😰 No matter the weather.

(Must admit, I was relieved when ours was a Friday because parking in the park can be a real nightmare on weekends). 

It’s a beautiful park though. Hope you’ve managed to spot the deer roaming around - they really aren’t shy at all. 

Are you waiting to pick your DD up now? :) 

20 minutes ago, BalletBoyMumma said:

It does get VERY busy with cyclists. 😰 No matter the weather.

(Must admit, I was relieved when ours was a Friday because parking in the park can be a real nightmare on weekends). 

It’s a beautiful park though. Hope you’ve managed to spot the deer roaming around - they really aren’t shy at all. 

Are you waiting to pick your DD up now? :) 

I am! Yes loads of deer! We actually live somewhere with deer roaming around, but nothing like as many as this! 

• Like 1

Well dd said the ballet teacher was lovely, but she thinks it’s going to be a no on the basis the physio didn’t ask her to do much, in comparison to the other girl in the room. We’ve said she shouldn’t read much into it. She is a JA, so I wonder how much they go on what they know already. Anyway, what will be will be! She’s tired, I hadn’t really thought, but of course they haven’t been in a studio for months! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PetitJeté said:

Well dd said the ballet teacher was lovely, but she thinks it’s going to be a no on the basis the physio didn’t ask her to do much, in comparison to the other girl in the room. We’ve said she shouldn’t read much into it. She is a JA, so I wonder how much they go on what they know already. Anyway, what will be will be! She’s tired, I hadn’t really thought, but of course they haven’t been in a studio for months! 

it didn’t sound like they asked my DD to do much either! Is that a bad sign then? My daughters not a JA but then she’s never had injury’s of any sort so maybe there wasn’t much to check! I asked if there was a turn out machine and she didn’t remember this happening either as some of the boy mums had mentioned 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Weloveballet said:

it didn’t sound like they asked my DD to do much either! Is that a bad sign then? My daughters not a JA but then she’s never had injury’s of any sort so maybe there wasn’t much to check! I asked if there was a turn out machine and she didn’t remember this happening either as some of the boy mums had mentioned 

I really have no idea if it’s good or bad, but I’m glad your dd reported the same! I presume the physios just check what they’re told, and report back, and they wouldn’t be the ones making the final decisions. I can’t get any more out of her, as she keeps getting cross with me. I don’t want to overanalyse!