Lockdown and General Streaming Thread

Another source with a long list of links to streaming of both ballet and opera performances

https://www.fedora-platform.com/news/experience-opera-and-ballet-online/123

Les Ballets de Monte-Carlo in La Belle, Maillot's version of The Sleeping Beauty, available until 11 am UK time on 13 Apr. I've been able to access the video from here so fingers crossed it'll work from other countries, too.

https://france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr/provence-alpes-cote-d-azur/monaco-ballet-belle-jean-christophe-maillot-voir-integralite-1812880.html

Ballet am Rhein in Martin Schlaepfer's Swan Lake, available until 28th April. I don't know whether this comes with a geo block though.

https://www.operamrhein.de/en_EN/home?p=1 (scroll down)

I got through Nureyev's version with POB by doing a few things on the side the other day. Schlaepfer's version, on the other hand, had me crying buckets at the end.

Edited by Duck
typo
  • Like 1

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Duck said:

alas they seem to be geoblocked

1 hour ago, Janite said:

Thank you, Janite. There's a message on the screen (copied and pasted below) that says it will be available until April 19.

"disponible jusqu'au 19.04.20"

Edited by Bluebird
  • Like 2

Apologies if this is already posted, I searched and couldn't find anything. New York Theatre Ballet release a new ballet every Friday, the previous ones are still up.

This is the link to the page that will be updated on Fridays:
https://nytb.org/calendar-and-tickets/livingroomseries

These are the ones we can go see now: (click on the blue link)

April 10, 2020
     Mother GOOSE!

April 3, 2020
All Alston Evening
     A Rugged Flourish
     Light Flooding Into Darkened Rooms
     Such Longing
     The Seasons
     The Small Sonata

March 27, 2020
     The Alice-in-Wonderland Follies

March 19, 2020
All Tudor Evening
     Soirée Musicale
     Pas de Deux from Romeo & Juliet
     Jardin aux Lilas

Dark Elegies

Judgment of Paris

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Janite said:

On the website, there is also a Paris Opera Ballet Giselle.  It's geoblocked for the UK, but I mention it in case people elsewhere can access it.

POB confirmed Giselle was geoblocked for copyright reasons.  

I must say that the Polish National Ballet Sleeping Beauty I watched yesterday was beautifil I really enjoyed it and especially seeing Dawid Trzesensimiech (ex Royal ballet) as Prince Desire.  It was really lovely beautiful set and costumes (if a little orangey in aura at times!) It was esepcailly good that the Price and carabosse were dressed in silvery grey so it was easy to see them when the lights went down.  It will air again on 18 and 25 April at 5pm UK time.  Chinara Alizade was Aurora but I missed that she did not put her hands above her head when doing the Rose Adagio 😞

• Like 2

just watched the POB Jerome Robbins programme, with slight difficulty - I think my set up, Internet on st tv dislikes French Tv as the picture kept breaking up, stopping, and similar problems. have had no trouble with anything else. However, it didn't spoil my enjoyment of the programme. The only ballet I had seen was Faune so it was great to see works that were new to me. Fancy Free was totally enjoyable and I found myself mentally casting it for the Royal. I think when The Age of Anxiety was last performed at the ROH someone on the forum suggested that Fancy Free would have been a better bet - I agree.  Wasn't so keen on the Glass - probably because I don't enjoy his music, but the dancing certainly made up for it. Does anyone know if this is a fairly recent performance?

1 hour ago, ninamargaret said:

just watched the POB Jerome Robbins programme, with slight difficulty - I think my set up, Internet on st tv dislikes French Tv as the picture kept breaking up, stopping, and similar problems. have had no trouble with anything else. However, it didn't spoil my enjoyment of the programme. Does anyone know if this is a fairly recent performance?

This program was danced in the Paris Opera Ballet’s last (2018-2019) season. I believe this was the performance that had a live cinecast in France in November 2018.

4 hours ago, Janite said:

POB list of streaming performances, again apologies if this has already been posted I couldn't find it when I searched.

https://www.operadeparis.fr/en/news/performances-of-the-paris-opera-to-rediscover-online?fbclid=IwAR2897HpAQ5h9NiZPnN7BoT-1TQ0gfcv2arLRxKbXfmrtdug2UjEeoKXlYY

At the bottom of the page they say this: "Due to currently unreleased rights, some of these broadcasts are geo-blocked for some territories. The Paris Opera is working on enlarging its broadcasting area."

I also can't find a link to donate to POB, has anyone found one yet? If so could you post it, thanks

1 hour ago, Jan McNulty said:

Extract from Elmhurst Press Release:

‘In conversation with Sander Blommaert’ invites renowned names from the ballet world to be interviewed on his Instagram Live on Monday, Wednesday and Friday evenings at 7pm. Many dance illuminati have agreed to join Sander ‘in conversation’ – coming up in the next few months, are: Mara Galeazzi (17 April); Céline Gittens (20 April); Edward Watson (24 April); Christopher Wheeldon (27 April); Gary Avis (29 April); Elmhurst’s Principal Jessica Wheeler (1 May); César Morales (4 May); and Aaron Robinson (8 May).

Oh good, I've been wondering whether someone would get around to doing interviews.

On 15/04/2020 at 00:42, Don Q Fan said:

I must say that the Polish National Ballet Sleeping Beauty I watched yesterday was beautifil I really enjoyed it and especially seeing Dawid Trzesensimiech (ex Royal ballet) as Prince Desire.  It was really lovely beautiful set and costumes (if a little orangey in aura at times!) It was esepcailly good that the Price and carabosse were dressed in silvery grey so it was easy to see them when the lights went down.  It will air again on 18 and 25 April at 5pm UK time.  Chinara Alizade was Aurora but I missed that she did not put her hands above her head when doing the Rose Adagio 😞

Chinara Alizade got injured on her next performance of Sleeping Beauty, she tore her Achilles. 

On 14/04/2020 at 22:46, ninamargaret said:

just watched the POB Jerome Robbins programme, with slight difficulty - I think my set up, Internet on st tv dislikes French Tv as the picture kept breaking up, stopping, and similar problems. have had no trouble with anything else. However, it didn't spoil my enjoyment of the programme. The only ballet I had seen was Faune so it was great to see works that were new to me. Fancy Free was totally enjoyable and I found myself mentally casting it for the Royal. I think when The Age of Anxiety was last performed at the ROH someone on the forum suggested that Fancy Free would have been a better bet - I agree.  Wasn't so keen on the Glass - probably because I don't enjoy his music, but the dancing certainly made up for it. Does anyone know if this is a fairly recent performance?

Ahh it jumped and froze on me too do it wasn't my connection then. I saw Glass Pieces in Rome in January for the first time and really enjoyed it even if the music is a bit repetitive. 

3 hours ago, Don Q Fan said:

Irina Perren at Michailovsky Ballet notified a gala she is in is  available on YouTube

Saw this live last summer. This gala had quite fabulous participants as well as Irina Perren,  Andrei Yermakov, Oksana Bondareva, Victor Caixeta, Laura Fernandez, Vitali Amelishko and Nika Tsikhvataria.

• Like 1

On ‎14‎/‎04‎/‎2020 at 22:46, ninamargaret said:

And I thought Matthias Heymann had more fun and pleasure dancing A Suite of Dances than anyone I'd seen previously.  Do catch this bill, folks, if you can - it's available for another couple of days yet.

14 minutes ago, alison said:

And I thought Matthias Heymann had more fun and pleasure dancing A Suite of Dances than anyone I'd seen previously.  Do catch this bill, folks, if you can - it's available for another couple of days yet.

Yes, I should have mentioned him. A real tour we force, and I loved the interaction with the cellist. Many years ago I saw the Dutch National Ballet do a pas de deux accompanied by the same Bach suite with the cellist also on stage - wonder if it gave Robbins ideas?

Here's the RDB (Royal Danish Ballet) in Balanchine's Ballo Della ReginaLink.

Would love to see the Royal revive this.  Can just imagine, say, Naghdi or O'Sullivan in it .... and, of course, there are SO many wonderful men to fill the principal role now.  It would be a feast.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Bruce Wall said:

Here's the RDB (Royal Danish Ballet) in Balanchine's Ballo Della ReginaLink.

Would love to see the Royal revive this.  Can just imagine, say, Naghdi or O'Sullivan in it .... and, of course, there are SO many wonderful men to fill the principal role now.  It would be a feast.  

Well I was more than happy with the Danes dancing it.  I watched it last night using the link provided by Jane S in the specific RDB streaming thread.