Just sending out a thought for any young girls and boys that have lost their place at WL.... I hope they soon find happiness in the next stage of their journey.

• Like 20

Totally agree Harwel, I just hope that they can remember what an amazing achievement to have got to the finals plus I am a big believer in as one door closes another one opens.

• Like 3

Dd had wonderful experiences at White Lodge performing in nutcracker swan lake defile, but being assessed out felt like the end of the world at the time, the race to get a place at her local school was particularly stressful as we were told no places & over subscribed! Students that are assessed out don't automatically get places at other vocational schools even tho they're from White Lodge. Some are so upset they feel they can no longer carry on with ballet, thankfully in dd case we have very good local training & she is now a RBS SA & was offered a place at her local secondary school & now very happy being back at home!

• Like 17

Just to confirm that you can be too flexible for WL!  My DS was a JA and picked up as possibly hypermobile because he was flexible.  As soon as he got to WL for the finals he was whisked off for assessment.  And when the current students came back at the end of the day, his build was so different from theirs in my heart of hearts I knew the answer was a "no."  

As the years have gone by, the lack of core stability, probably linked to the flexibility became the bane of his life.  He is now a ballet dancer, but spends as much time in the gym as the ballet studio, building core and upper body strength.

This is a long winded way of saying there's no point second guessing what is wanted, and there are definitely many routes to your goal.  

• Like 10

Dd had wonderful experiences at White Lodge performing in nutcracker swan lake defile, but being assessed out felt like the end of the world at the time, the race to get a place at her local school was particularly stressful as we were told no places & over subscribed! Students that are assessed out don't automatically get places at other vocational schools even tho they're from White Lodge. Some are so upset they feel they can no longer carry on with ballet, thankfully in dd case we have very good local training & she is now a RBS SA & was offered a place at her local secondary school & now very happy being back at home!

Very glad your dd is now happily settled back at home.

Thanks ballet jack for sharing your experiences . Sounds like your daughter has an many wonderful opportunities . I hope she enjoys the rest of her time as an SA and it all stands her in good stead for uppers schools .

Friends dd was an audition with a couple of girls who had been assessed out of WL, current year 9's I believe so could be a couple of places coming up!! Obviously a massive shame for the girls leaving but from what I hear they were in good spirits and looking forward to a new adventure. Best of luck to them going forward and also to their replacements, exciting times all round I would say :)

Can anyone audition for the Year 8 & Year 9 places? Does that happen at the same time as applying for MA's?

The current Year 9 have had two new additions this year already since October so they may well have already filled the spaces?

• Like 1

Looking at earlier posts 3 have been offered yr9. Please as previously mentioned think of the children who have been assessed out like the 2 already mentioned by a previous poster.x

• Like 2

Hmm possibly atacrossroads, were the newcomers taken from waiting list?

One from YAGP and one following RB Summer School.

• Like 1

Summer school are now supposed to be coming out Friday. Which might mean tomorrow is year 7 results day, as there seem to have been all the y 8 and up results sent out now.

Summer school are now supposed to be coming out Friday. Which might mean tomorrow is year 7 results day, as there seem to have been all the y 8 and up results sent out now.

I like yours!
  • Like 1

Y7 boys emails have just arrived. I'm not prepared to say how DS did as I can't tell him until I pick him up at 6.30. But best of luck to everyone awaiting their results. xxxx

• Like 9

Very exciting, well done to the boys with yeses!!

Edited by amos73
  • Like 3

I knew of one girl who joined yr 9 just before christmas but I didn't think anyone was assessed out then.