We knew it was a slim chance of a place, I think my husband and I have taken it harder than she has. The new phone delivered today and a Jazz class helped.

Biggest audition she's done to date so a fantastic experience. Her teacher today was great told her, he got knocked back from RBS (now performs in West End Musicals) unfortunately he explained in a nice way, if you choose this life you have to pick yourself up and move on. Best I've seen her dance jazz in ages.

• Like 6

Yep have heard of one JA from London, and 2 from Eastleigh.

Congrats to all who have got yeses. Such an achievement. And well done to all the finalists, whatever the outcome.

• Like 2

Good on your DD Auntie Nora.

It's lovely to hear of some yeses too. So far it sounds like those much coveted places have all gone to JAs which makes sense. Good luck to everyone with whatever comes next. I guess for a fair few that means an answer on summer school and then a wait for Mids results!

• Like 1

Heard of little girl from Hong Kong and a girl from Sweden that have both got a year 7 place too xx

• Like 3

My mum has just told me that a pupil of hers, a boy, has just been offered a year 7 place. Such a lovely thing for her as my dad died very recently and it's made her day!

• Like 20

In shock to say my DD is one of the 2 JA girls from Eastleigh...

There are 2 girls and 2 boys with yes emails from our centre.

Those that have followed my story will know that we started this road with a "no" email from RB in yr4... So just goes to show it really does just mean "not yet"

Please don't let your lovely DC give up :x

• Like 28

Huge congratulations to your dd Southerndancemum ????

Edited by MAK

WOW!!!!!!!! southerndancemum that's amazing!!! I do not know all your story but very inspirational that a NO can transform into WL!!!!!! you must have a very happy DD! enjoy every minute

• Like 1

Amazing news southerndancemum , so happy for you and your dd, and that she will share the experience with her JA friends too. Perfect news ????⭐️Xxxxx

Those that have followed my story will know that we started this road with a "no" email from RB in yr4... So just goes to show it really does just mean "not yet"

Huge congratulations to your dd. What an inspirational story

Well done to all with "yes" - congratulations!

Sorry to hear about the "nos" - keep dancing and keep trying, it's just "no, not this time". I think that all the children offered finals are talented dancers with lots of potential (as are many of those not invited to finals!)

• Like 5

Well done ! The teacher is obviously doing something right down there ! Hope they all enjoy it x

• Like 2

My mum has just told me that a pupil of hers, a boy, has just been offered a year 7 place. Such a lovely thing for her as my dad died very recently and it's made her day!

Harwel, i'm so sorry to hear your dad died recently x

• Like 3

Those who have a no please don't take that as a bad thing, my DD had a yes at year 7 and had some fantastic times doing nutcracker and swan lake but was assessed out in year 9, we applied because our JA teacher said it would be a great experience to go to white lodge for auditions. In my daughters year only 3 original girls form year 7 were offered upper school, sometimes the confidence they get at their local schools could be much better than the tough times at white lodge. My DD got fantastic GCSE's but is now at a vocational ballet school that is fantastic and very caring who's emphasis is making sure they children excel and gain jobs at the end of the 3 year course.

• Like 20

Hello Midlands Mum and welcome to the Forum!

Thanks for sharing your experience.

• Like 3

BIG congratulations to your lovely DD, so well deserved.

To those with a no - which is actually a not here or not yet ..........Take heart!

4 years ago my DS was one of the few in his JA class that all got to the finals and set his heart on life at White Lodge but got a NO and he was devastated.

I remember so well ......It was so hard to console him as he threatened to "jump out the window as his life's was over !"(always was a drama queen)

By next week it was all behind him -he had a place that fits him even better, further way from home that's I would have liked , but he has thrived there . Thank goodness his local teacher persuaded us to do 2 auditions ! Others that got a longed for WL place have since been assessed out and come and moved on again, but he is still going strong!

If the passion is there there will be a way! So be brave and keep dancing xx

• Like 10

I get the impression from reading this Forum that once you are "in" White Lodge, that's when the real pressure starts. Is it really that stressful and competitive there? 

• Like 2

I'm sure each child reacts differently to the environment, fortunately my child doesn't feel the pressure, it's just one big party. They also stay in contact and meet regularly with those that have left so I do feel that most have a balanced view on the whole thing.

I would also say that it is not at all competitive, again in our experience, they are all very supportive of each other.

• Like 5

Southerndancemum - well done am absolutely thrilled for you!!

Harwel I'm very sorry to hear about your Dad. Xx

Midlands mum thank you for sharing your story. I'm glad your daughter is happy and doing well.

• Like 2

And something else to add to the mix...

A friend spent 5 very happy years at WL, was a beautiful dancer, but chose at 16 to go to her local 6th form to do sciences, then uni to study medicine and is now a brilliant doctor.

Plans and pathways change. They are impossible to predict or control. What will be will be ????

• Like 11

Everyone was very friendly when dd was at w/l, however they are assessed frequently in ballet classes so there's def pressure to 'keep up', to avoid being assessed out! It depends on the child some cope easily with that pressure others don't so much, add that to adjusting being away from home for first time at 11, it's not easy for some, But as I say some thrive in that environment. White Lodge is lovely but for the ones that got 'no's' it's not the end of the world there's other very good dance schools in this country.

• Like 6

I agree we did not see it as competitive between the children, I did not mean to sound negative my daughter loved her time at white lodge and made wonderful lifetime friends, they have a special bond having been there. But it can be stressful. But it is not the only route to take and as I said they are young and many of them change there mind in which direction they go between 11 and 19. Wishing all the yes's and no's the best of luck for their onward journeys at whichever schools they attend whether vocational or not and mostly don't forget to enjoy dancing.

• Like 9

I get the impression from reading this Forum that once you are "in" White Lodge, that's when the real pressure starts. Is it really that stressful and competitive there? 

I would have thought that starting any new school anywhere is stressful for the student and the parents.

• Like 2

I would have thought that starting any new school anywhere is stressful for the student and the parents.

LOL, Yes, you're right Janet.

Yes, starting any school is very stressful.  But unlike other schools where unless you have severe behavioural problems leading to exclusion you know you have a place until the end of year 11 it must be incredible stressful to know that you could be asked to leave at the end of any academic year.

• Like 5