WL auditions for 2017

Caitlin_dance

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know any of you but I'm on on tenterhooks! Congratulations to those with a place and commiserations to those who have a "no". This is transporting me back 13 years - feels like yesterday. No emails for us then - just stalking the postman every day, hoping to see a fat envelope.

Those with a "yes" - prepare for slight panic to set in soon, but when you go to the induction day you'll feel excited again!

Thinking particularly of those of you having to tell your children it was a no. My DD was really upset, especially as her big brother was already there, but she picked herself up really quickly and now she's nearly a vet lol :-)

• Like 10

Sorry for those who have not been offered places this time. You will be in the majority today of a tiny, tiny minority that got this far but so, so hard to break tough news to your children. Thinking of you all.

• Like 3

Very sorry to hear of the nos and hope your children are ok. I know it is hard - when dd got no from finals at her preferred school last year she cried bitterly but she is now so happy at the vocational school she did go to and thriving there, and looking back says she is now certain that this was the best place for her.

• Like 6

Sorry to hear about the nos - getting to WL finals is amazing - the disappointment will be massive but you will get through it. Will be thinking about you all this evening - brings back memories of the 'nos' my dd has had over the years....

• Like 2

Sorry about the disappointment of the no's... Huge achievement even making finals in the first place and it certainly doesn't mean the end, it's just not the right time... Many paths lead us to where we want to be I'm a great believer in fate and after our very rocky road over the last 5 years it has kept us going X

C4D

• Like 7

Soo sorry to hear of all the no's & thinking about those dd's & their parents. Remember what a huge achievement it was for all of them making the finals & how proud they should all be of themselves. I'm a great believer in when one door closes another door opens & a bend in the road is definitely not the end of the road for any of them.

• Like 2

It's a no for my DD (Y7).

I guess it's different for us, as we didn't ask to audition for White Lodge, but were invited to the final after attending the Mid Associates audition. 

But while she was there, DD fell in love with the place, and is still understandably upset. But that's life.  We're holding out for a mid associates place.

Well done to those who were accepted. It looked like a tough selection this year. I would not have liked the job of choosing between all those talented children. 

• Like 7

I guess it's different for us, as we didn't ask to audition for White Lodge, but were invited to the final after attending the Mid Associates audition.

But while she was there, DD fell in love with the place, and is still understandably upset. But that's life. We're holding out for a mid associates place.

Well done to those who were accepted. It looked like a tough selection this year. I would not have liked the job of choosing between all those talented children.

We were the same as you only went for mids so we don't feel like we lost out on anything and I wasn't quite ready to let her go anyway . I think getting a mids place is going to be just as tough !

• Like 4

It was also an expected no for my dd. She took it really well and said she knew and was fine with it. Then fell apart at the dinner table and said she felt a failure and she'd let everyone down. ???? Absolutely not I have told her, we are all incredibly proud of her, and more than a little relieved that she won't be living so far from home! ... so she has had a cry and that seems to have really helped. So hard for them to experience this at such a young age, but a great life lesson and she says she's going to work hard and try again so it hasn't put her off.

Commiserations and cuddles to all the dd's that received a no today ???? Sure there's a few yet to post. Hoping we have some ballet forum yeses to celebrate soon ⭐️

• Like 2

But while she was there, DD fell in love with the place, and is still understandably upset. But that's life.  We're holding out for a mid associates place.

A similar thing happened to us, and only 4 in the final a couple of years ago. It does tend to build your hopes up, it's only natural I suppose, but none of the four were successful that year as no one was assessed out. It's teacher / parent day this coming Saturday  in SA's in London, so fingers crossed all's well.

• Like 1

We had a no.  DD has taken it well, I think she is relieved.  She (or us) weren't ready for her to leave home.

She is hoping for a Mids place but I think this is going to be as tough.

I know of two girls that got a yes!!!  We are really pleased for them as they are both stunning.

Edited by tired dance mummy
  • Like 4

Sorry for the 'Not At this time' but don't give up. Remember entry to RBS doesn't have to be in year 7. ...There are many roads to Rome as they say.

Tired dance mommy can I ask if the two girls who got a yes are JA and if so from what Centre? Xx

• Like 2

Sorry for the 'Not At this time' but don't give up. Remember entry to RBS doesn't have to be in year 7. ...There are many roads to Rome as they say.

Tired dance mommy can I ask if the two girls who got a yes are JA and if so from what Centre? Xx

Hi yes they are both JA and from Birmingham xx

• Like 1

We knew it was a slim chance of a place, I think my husband and I have taken it harder than she has. The new phone delivered today and a Jazz class helped.

Biggest audition she's done to date so a fantastic experience. Her teacher today was great told her, he got knocked back from RBS (now performs in West End Musicals) unfortunately he explained in a nice way, if you choose this life you have to pick yourself up and move on. Best I've seen her dance jazz in ages.

• Like 6

Good on your DD Auntie Nora.

It's lovely to hear of some yeses too. So far it sounds like those much coveted places have all gone to JAs which makes sense. Good luck to everyone with whatever comes next. I guess for a fair few that means an answer on summer school and then a wait for Mids results!

• Like 1

In shock to say my DD is one of the 2 JA girls from Eastleigh...

There are 2 girls and 2 boys with yes emails from our centre.

Those that have followed my story will know that we started this road with a "no" email from RB in yr4... So just goes to show it really does just mean "not yet"

Please don't let your lovely DC give up :x

• Like 28

Those that have followed my story will know that we started this road with a "no" email from RB in yr4... So just goes to show it really does just mean "not yet"

Huge congratulations to your dd. What an inspirational story

Well done to all with "yes" - congratulations!

Sorry to hear about the "nos" - keep dancing and keep trying, it's just "no, not this time". I think that all the children offered finals are talented dancers with lots of potential (as are many of those not invited to finals!)

• Like 5

Well done ! The teacher is obviously doing something right down there ! Hope they all enjoy it x

• Like 2

My mum has just told me that a pupil of hers, a boy, has just been offered a year 7 place. Such a lovely thing for her as my dad died very recently and it's made her day!

Harwel, i'm so sorry to hear your dad died recently x

• Like 3

Those who have a no please don't take that as a bad thing, my DD had a yes at year 7 and had some fantastic times doing nutcracker and swan lake but was assessed out in year 9, we applied because our JA teacher said it would be a great experience to go to white lodge for auditions. In my daughters year only 3 original girls form year 7 were offered upper school, sometimes the confidence they get at their local schools could be much better than the tough times at white lodge. My DD got fantastic GCSE's but is now at a vocational ballet school that is fantastic and very caring who's emphasis is making sure they children excel and gain jobs at the end of the 3 year course.

• Like 20