National Youth Ballet 2016

southerndancemum

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally got my dd back from dancing to open her letter.Sadly it was a no,she got put on the reserve list and offered a place at a summer workshop.

She was very sad but enjoyed her auditions and glad she tried.

So well done to all the yesses and well done to all the this time no children.

You all must have something special to get this far.

• Like 2

Congratulations Angel.... Your beautiful DD will love it!

Thank you Drdance...it's the older one.  I think it will be a brilliant opportunity to enjoy ballet again and have a go at other genres hopefully!   :)

• Like 2

I've seen on FB this evening that 2 girls from our old dance school have places - I presume as JAs but don't know for definite. My eldest son and my daughter both danced with them as JAs so I have fond memories. DD got to dance in main cast as she used to watch all the rehearsals while waiting for a lift and one of the roses in Alice got injured, and they asked her to step in. The JA dance was a bit disappointing that year so she was really happy!!

• Like 2

Still waiting...

Wondering if it's done alphabetically? Some of dd's friends from last year have heard. They are all "B" surnames, whereas we are about halfway through.

It's either that, or I've also done the second-class-stamps faux pas. Can't even blame the husband for that one, as it was me who sent off the application form.

Hoping tomorrow brings good news...

Any more news out there?

I have heard of a 'no' as well of reserves, and yes, so to answer an earlier question, clearly not all that got finals get on the reserve list as a minimum

also I also know of people at the start and end of the alphabet with results... however it could be done on audition number??

Just got DD letter she has reserve ! I'm disappointed but she told me after audition that the talent was amazing so she won't be upset . Don't expect many will be turning down a place ? Congrats to all that have a yes you should be very proud and let's hope some of us on reserve get a chance . Do u know if everyone gets on reserve if not placed ?? Xx

• Like 2

Just got DD letter she has reserve ! I'm disappointed but she told me after audition that the talent was amazing so she won't be upset . Don't expect many will be turning down a place ? Congrats to all that have a yes you should be very proud and let's hope some of us on reserve get a chance . Do u know if everyone gets on reserve if not placed ?? Xx

Oh double trouble I am sorry to hear that.  Wow that's tough.  I would have thought that older dancers would have much more chance of having a part  :mellow:

I would imagine there would be a few not taking the place.  Wonder if its worth ringing to see what the likelihood is?x

• Like 1

My DD (age 10) has also been given a residential place. She is SO excited about 10 days at Tring, having boarded there at Easter on their dance course.

Anyone else got a JAs who will be staying??

Also, a rather silly question re uniform (which has to be ordered really soon!). It says that they only wear the official JA leotards for press calls and specific rehearsals. So, I wondered how many uniform leotards are needed for the 10 day stay?? DD has loads of other leotards so don't want to order more than necessary but equally don't want her being short of fresh dance wear through the stay!!

Only 1 official NYB Leotard is needed.  Also, all dirty vocational dancewear will be taken to laundry on a daily basis, so please make sure you have you child's name on everything from socks, underwear, leotards etc as this will then be given back to your child at the end of the day.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...