National Youth Ballet 2016

southerndancemum

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Custardtart, they've already seen their ballet I guess.  Was your DD in C or D because my DD (in A) didn't do any.  Perhaps they are going to be doing a varied programme including Jazz and tap.  I'm sure they'll still do plenty of ballet during the rehearsal but I suppose it would be worth asking if your DD would be in a ballet part when her casting arrives?

My DD was also Group C on Sunday. She was disappointed not to have been called for contemporary, does anyone know why this would have been? She's not particularly hopeful of a place as she's non vocational and very new to ballet but she would have liked to have made more of the opportunity by taking part in the contemporary. Good luck everybody! ????

Hi my DD was in group A she did the jazz and contempory but she said everyone was good so she is just gonna wait and c she enjoyed the day but we don't no much about it as first time she has gone for it ! DD said there were students from ENBS who will obviously get a part and a boy from ENBS who wAs amazing ! X

• Like 1

My Dd was in group C and one of the ones taken to try the contemporary with the older ones, but I think it was just to try them out, not necessarily as part of their casting. I guess at group C stage most will have only done limited contemporary (including my Dd) and may have to wait until they're 15/16 and above to be included in a contemporary number.

• Like 1

No news here DD not bothered she doesn't think she will get place as she is older so will b compared to the ENBS girls !! So no chance ! Would be better if we knew how many they take might only be small number ! DD has her show coming up at her sch so at least she can focus on that x

• Like 1

Were there 'actual;' ENBS girls there?  I didn't see anyone I recognised. Your DD was taken through to the casting audition because she did well already.  She was also put in group A which I believe was the top group. Stay positive  :)

• Like 3

Thanks Angel . Dd was waiting near the ENBS timetable and saw some girls looking at the timetable and discussing the classes they had that wk ! I have told her that she wouldn't of got to finals unless she had something they liked ? We will see but she loved the audition and I now wish over the years that she had been able to audition for other shows but her ballet sch didn't agree with it ! Now feel she has missed out ! She isn't at that sch anymore she is doing MT and happiest I've ever seen her xx

Ah ok. I was hoping to hear soon but as JA's don't seem to have heard yet, I think we might have to wait a while.

Changing schools can be such a liberating things to do.  I'm so glad your DD is happier.  That's the Most important thing x

• Like 2

Aw, fingers crossed that your sad little one gets a place from the reserve list PV. Hope she's not sad for too long - she did so well to get this far.

No post here yet this morning, but probably won't get our result till Monday anyway as DH, being ever economical, used 2nd class stamps!! Does he not realise that my sanity is worth way more than saving a few pennies ;)

• Like 5

I'm a bit confused by the letter we got. DD auditioned for JA's in January and got a recall to the final audition on 1st May, which she attended.

The letter says:

'Thank you very much for auditioning for the National Youth Ballet. We regret that on this occasion we are not able to recall you to a second audition.'

Well, DD has been to the second audition. Do you think this has been sent out in error? It just doesn't read correctly to me. I understand if she hasn't got a place, but the letter looks like it would have been sent out after the initial auditions. Anyone?

Just got a letter offering DD a JA place. She did not have the greatest recall audition experience; enjoyed the first half and spent the second half sitting around doing nothing. She was pretty despondent coming out so it was a nice surprise to be offered a place! Just shows that you cannot second guess what happens in auditions!! Looks like JAs are in 2 pieces this year - JA dance and Special Gala Tribute which I assume is full cast.

The issue for us is that there is no mention of boarding in the paperwork. Does anyone know what the chances are of a JA being offered a boarding place? She is 10 and has boarded at Tring before.

• Like 7

Petal violet - NYB sounds very difficult to get onto so she has done well..... I know she will be sad ???? but her Mum is the funniest one here so I'm sure you'll do a good job - it is hard as the Mum as well - thinking about you. ..

• Like 8

Just got a letter offering DD a JA place. She did not have the greatest recall audition experience; enjoyed the first half and spent the second half sitting around doing nothing. She was pretty despondent coming out so it was a nice surprise to be offered a place! Just shows that you cannot second guess what happens in auditions!! Looks like JAs are in 2 pieces this year - JA dance and Special Gala Tribute which I assume is full cast.

The issue for us is that there is no mention of boarding in the paperwork. Does anyone know what the chances are of a JA being offered a boarding place? She is 10 and has boarded at Tring before.