National Youth Ballet 2016

southerndancemum

My dd is main cast age 13. I sent the contract back and got a wardrobe measurement which I returned and got confirmation it was received but not heard anything else or if the contract was received. We are new to this and was wondering if anyone else had heard anything. I've emailed today just to check they got it.

• Like 1

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! I'd just chalked it up to experience and have been trying to arrange another summer school instead?

We did meet someone through EYB offered a JA spot but no boarding so as it stood she couldn't accept..? Maybe this is why a spot cropped up? We would be in exactly same position though (need residential) and they wouldn't offer boarding to us and not her.

I'm not sure she can apply next year as it will clash with 11+ exams. Ah well....

• Like 1

Thanks! I'd just chalked it up to experience and have been trying to arrange another summer school instead?

We did meet someone through EYB offered a JA spot but no boarding so as it stood she couldn't accept..? Maybe this is why a spot cropped up? We would be in exactly same position though (need residential) and they wouldn't offer boarding to us and not her.

I'm not sure she can apply next year as it will clash with 11+ exams. Ah well....

If NYB would be an option for you with boarding, it may be worth calling them. I think that they are offering boarding to those who they know have had experience of staying away before. Maybe the other DC had not had this experience??

No on both counts as we are going away that week pus she hasn't been old enough to board anywhere before. I think there might be other more suitable options for her this year. Hopefully another on the reserve list will get the chance now though!!!

• 2 months later...

I probably wouldn't tell her- she already knows that she did well enough to get on reserve so the news wouldn't add anything, would it. Apart from possibly a grumpy child on holiday! she's done a summer school, she's getting a family holiday as well- perfect summer????

Sorry just realised your post was old- did you tell her pv?!

Edited by Moomin