National Youth Ballet 2016

southerndancemum

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you hear soon. I can't wait to pick DD up from school and let her know. This will be the icing on the cake of an amazing week for her. She got the results of her grade 3 ballet exam yesterday and got a 98, so is flying high at the minute.

Hello pas_de_chat, I sent you a message on Sunday.  Could you please confirm that you have received it?

Thanks, Janet

A friend has asked me whether many vocational upper school students do NYB - anyone know?

I cannot claim to be an expert, but I understand that there are a lot of vocational students given that the rehearsals and performances are in the summer holidays. DD and I went to the Gala last year and there were certainly lots of participating vocational schools listed in the programme including Central, Elmhurst, Legat, Northern, Rambert, Hammond, Tring and YDA. DD was quite star struck when we went to the Tring open day and she recognised some of the older students who had lead roles in the NYB show!! Given that we've not been directly involved, I couldn't comment on the ratios of vocational to non-vocational but I'm sure that others can!

DD took part with the upper age group last year. In that category the majority were at vocational school, so not surprisingly tended to have the major roles and the higher number of dances. DD does associates. After the final audition if you get a casting letter it will be worth seeing how much they're offered. Quite a lot to commit to if only one dance as was the case with one non vocational student, at the same time the summer school part is challenging and enjoyable DD found.

I cannot claim to be an expert, but I understand that there are a lot of vocational students given that the rehearsals and performances are in the summer holidays. DD and I went to the Gala last year and there were certainly lots of participating vocational schools listed in the programme including Central, Elmhurst, Legat, Northern, Rambert, Hammond, Tring and YDA. DD was quite star struck when we went to the Tring open day and she recognised some of the older students who had lead roles in the NYB show!! Given that we've not been directly involved, I couldn't comment on the ratios of vocational to non-vocational but I'm sure that others can!

Very helpful, thanks. I'll pass that info on to my friend.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Room for one more?

You know when Indiana Jones just manages to duck and roll underneath the closing Temple of Doom doors... It is with that sort of manoeuvre DD scrapes into NYB JA finals from the last audition this Sunday.

Phew.

She's ok..grazed knees...pursued by some angry tribesmen with spears.. par for the course, really.

Edited by Petalviolet
  • Like 7

Every junior we know that auditioned had been offered recalls for the 1st. I have not heard of a single no letter.

Anyone heard how many are likely to be there and how many they will take thru?

I was wondering the same thing! My DD also got a junior recall from first audition.

• Like 1