You know you're a "dance mum" (or dad) when.....

Pups_mum

Just a lighthearted thread! Complete the sentence please...

For me it would be:

You know you're a "dance mum" when you recognise your daughter by her feet!

I was recently looking at some photos that one of my DD's teachers had taken. One in particular caught my eye but I didn't recognise the dancer. Til I looked at her feet and only then spotted it was my own daughter...whoops...

What about everyone else?

• Like 2

Thought it was just me in costs. Currently travelling from stoke to Stockport on Sundays on the train for dd to rehearse a show. Everywhere closes at 4.30pm except costa. Rehearsal doesn't finish til 6pm

Sodor,I lived in Stockport for about 10 years. Can`t say i miss it much.!

When many of the things that went missing over the years are found in the bottom of a dance bag that is finally emptied upon retirement.

(not strickly speaking a dance-mum/mom thing, But I thought I'd share) :)

• Like 1

When you spend 15 minutes chatting away to someone you vaguely recognise whilst either

a) frantically trying to cover up the fact that you have no idea who they are,what their child's name is or where you met even though they seem to know everything about you

or

B) frantically trying to change the subject to anything under the sun except ballet because you have just remembered that you met at an audition when your child got in and theirs didn't

or

c) frantically trying to be terribly enthusiastic about their child and at the same time extra-modest about your own

• Like 4

You're staying in your 18 year old son's flat, when you exclaim "Oh no, I've left my make-up bag at home" and the reply comes from ds in the next room - "That's OK you can borrow mine" :D

• Like 10