Royal Ballet on Tour - Swan Lake in Madrid

Wishing Steven McRae and Lauren Cutbertson a speedy recovery and hopefully they'll be well enough to dance next Season.

Wonderfull opportunity for Yasmine Naghdi (with Frederico Bonelli :) ) and William Bracewell to perform during the RB Tour to Madrid.

Lucky Madrid audience who will get to see and enjoy these two outstanding dancers.

• Like 5

I know it’s off topic but what’s going on in Budapest at the moment? A lot of RB dancer social media posts indicate quite a few are there currently.

Edited by Rob S

8 minutes ago, Rob S said:

I know it’s off topic but what’s going on in Budapest at the moment? A lot of RB dancer social media posts indicate quite a few are there currently.

The BBC are filming Romeo and Juliet.

Edited by Bluebird
  • Like 2

I believe William bracewell has had a brilliant season,  as has Tierney Heap. I wonder whether anyone has any predictions on promotions once the tour is completed? 

Edited by AlisonS35

I thought I might go to Madrid to see Swan Lake ax I couldn't get to see it here. Silly me the tickets in Madrid are €200 and the rest!!! Even those for €85 have restricted views. Ditch that plan then. 

Oh the Madrid audience gets to see Yasmine Naghdi and Matthew Ball dance the title roles in Swan Lake!

Yasmine Naghdi is now also replacing Natalia Osipova in Madrid. 

http://www.roh.org.uk/news/casting-confirmed-for-the-royal-ballets-tour-to-spain-2018

Casting for Odette/Odile, Prince Siegfried:

• 18, 22 July: Marianela Nuñez, Vadim Muntagirov
  • 19 July: Yasmine Naghdi, Matthew Ball (Natalia Osipova has withdrawn due to injury)
  • 20 July: Sarah Lamb, Ryoichi Hirano
  • 21 July, 5pm: Akane Takada, William Bracewell (Steven McRae has withdrawn due to injury)
  • 21 July, 10pm: Yasmine Naghdi, Federico Bonelli (Lauren Cuthbertson has withdrawn due to injury)

I too looked into it, as there are flights from Liverpool to Madrid, however the incredibly expensive theatre prices have snookered that idea - I would so love to see Yasmine Nagdhi dance with Matthew Ball or Bonelli.....😥

• Like 2

Oh me too.   I saw her with Bonelli and it was wonderful.  I can only imagine what it will be like with Ball.  If I weren't already on holiday in Italy I would have tried to go....but the fact that the ticket prices are more expensive than the flights would have made it difficult to do!  

• Like 1

I think that the ROH supporters' group (not including me!!!!) has tickets for the Thursday show within their package. This will probably introduce 'new' people from the RB's home audience to Yasmine Naghdi, which is great. And lucky Madrid gets two slices of her.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Xandra Newman said:

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/culture-desk/dancers-at-work-alexei-ratmansky-in-the-studio-with-natalia-osipova-and-david-hallberg

So Osipova is not injured based on this article and has chosen to dance in NY instead of Madrid...

The rehearsal took place "in early summer".  I don't think we should jump to any conclusions.  I obviously don't know for sure but it's quite possible that she sustained the injury after this particular rehearsal.

Edited by Bluebird
  • Like 3

...or if not the entire performance at least some decent snippets! 

Someone put this on YouTube and titled it "The Royal Ballet's 10 Prima Ballerinas 2018". The only Principal who has no performance video  is called Naghdi (at around 13:55).

just catching up, and not sure how I missed that Yasmine Naghdi and Matthew Ball are reunited for a Swan Lake show this week. Almost nauseous with jealousy for those lucky Spaniards! Should have happened in London in May, but there you go.

• Like 3

On 12/07/2018 at 16:42, Mummykool said:

I'm also wondering if Osipova's injury has anything to do with the 32 fouettes (or should I say lack of them) in London.......

Yes.  The Royal Opera House mentioned on its Facebook page that Osipova substituted the fouettes because of injury.  

• Like 1