RBS Junior Associates 2018

Sugarplummum

One of mine auditioned in Birmingham this year, I’d say she was very royal physique wise but when I’ve seen pictures of some of the new year 4s on facebook, my little student looks a good 2 years younger and although the other kids aren’t big at all (tiny skinny things) they dwarf the little girl I sent. 

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, ExpatB said:

we should be doing this together somewhere in town with refreshments at hand and plenty of distractions.

Now that would have been a very sensible idea 🤣

expat what day & group result are you waiting for? X

Just now, Bbc14t said:

Now that would have been a very sensible idea 🤣

expat what day & group result are you waiting for? X

The baby one.

Youngest girls, 3 PM on Friday in London. 

Last in, last out I suppose. 😭

2 minutes ago, ExpatB said:

The baby one.

Youngest girls, 3 PM on Friday in London. 

Last in, last out I suppose. 😭

I have everything crossed for you. Still nothing here we were last group of the day on Tuesday. I wonder if it’s only yes’s that are out 😢??

Just now, Bbc14t said:

I have everything crossed for you. Still nothing here we were last group of the day on Tuesday. I wonder if it’s only yes’s that are out 😢??

Mind games.

Anxiety makes us assume the worst.

Anything could happen and the opposite of that anything and you know that. 

Good luck to all still awaiting news! I know it’s agony. 

Its always hard to not over analyze the outcome but they really are looking for a genuine love of dance and passion at this young age. They take tiny ones, extremely tall ones, athletic build, slim build, banana feet, regular feet, some can do splits, others a long way off! There is no magic physical formula as they will all grow at different rates and change drastically over the next few years. Also, they look for musicality and timing, spatial awareness, creativity etc 

Remember as lots of people have already said if it’s a no this time it could be a yes next year so keep trying and stay positive. 

1 hour ago, coniger said:

Congratulations!  Motomum - he will have a wonderful time!!!! 

I hope so, this is his first audition for anything like this other than EYB.

He is very excited and we are both surprised as he didn’t enjoy the audition as there wasn’t an awful lot of actual dancing in it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ExpatB said:

I just saw the Associates dancing at the fair on Saturday, I took a good look and trust me, there were all kids of bodies there. 

I think the only thing they had in common was that none of them had any extra weight on them. 

It’s true, JA girls are all very different. There are lots of discussions on the forum about the legs but in truth once the dancer is on point we have the illusion of extremely long legs. I watched the new Swan Lake and all RBC dancers have very long arms and necks.  It is known  that musicality, artistry and enjoyment of dance are taken into consideration 

Good luck to all children !

• Like 1