RBS Junior Associates 2018

Sugarplummum

11 minutes ago, Dancer123 said:

Usually it’s the yeses followed by the No’s

I know someone that had a no about an hour ago. 

And also last year a friend of ours found out 3 hours before us they got ano and we had a yes.

so you just don’t know! 

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We got a No for year 6 last year after SWL for year 5 JA’s then we applied for a year 7 place at White Lodge and got to finals and SWL for MA’s! Think

you just have to keep going and nothing is set in stone! She then got Spring and Summer Course! Not sure we will ever fully make it

Onto MAs or the school

but she wants to keep trying! Hope you DD is ok x

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Bellaballerina's mum said:

We have had a very unexpected yes for DD! This may now sound like a really stupid question but does anyone know the timings for the JA year 6 classes in Birmingham? We’ve been offered the Birmingham programme and I can’t seem to find details of times etc xxx

My dd is already a JA in Birmingham and will be going into Y6 in September. They haven’t told us the times yet but I think it may depend on how many sessions you are allocated (there are two classes). Well

done to your dd!

15 minutes ago, Bellaballerina's mum said:

We have had a very unexpected yes for DD! This may now sound like a really stupid question but does anyone know the timings for the JA year 6 classes in Birmingham? We’ve been offered the Birmingham programme and I can’t seem to find details of times etc xxx

Well done to your DD 😊! My DD has a yes for Totnes and we received our e mail today with the handbook, details about uniform, session times, dates etc, so you shouldn’t have to wait long to find out info!! 

• Like 1

A more or less expected no for us, girl in London year 4.

Did anyone ever get a yes after years of no’s? Or should we not bother next year? Feels as if we should have gotten a wait list offer in order to feel optimistic about trying again...

2 minutes ago, Medora said:

Did anyone ever get a yes after years of no’s? Or should we not bother next year? Feels as if we should have gotten a wait list offer in order to feel optimistic about trying again...

My thoughts exactly, I wish it were at least a SWL. Oh well. 

I’m a bit crushed now, but will feel

better soon. Probably after I find a new hobby to replace email reloading. 

1 hour ago, ExpatB said:

I’m so sorry, you must be disappointed. 

I hope your DC will not be discouraged.

Which grade? 

She's currently year 4, so for a year 5 place. She auditioned last year and it was a no. She is a little disappointed even though we totally expected a no. She had a lovely time and loved the audition but it's the end of the road for us with the ja's

1 hour ago, Bellaballerina's mum said:

Is thsi for 24 or 32 sessions ? x

OMG, my daughter got in! Can’t believe it! Can’t wait to tell her when I get home! Sorry for those who didn’t get the answer they wanted. I didn’t get into JAs or White Lodge, but still danced professionally for a bit. A lot can change as they grow up. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Medora said:

Missed the deadline for Year 4 (so much more clueless back then!), a ‘no’ for Year 5, offered and alternative centre for Year 6 (best year ever... made lovely friends and a real turning point dance-wise) full time at Elmhurst for Year 7. A ‘no’ is definitely a ‘not yet’. If your child wants to keep trying, and is not devastated by a negative result, then it is well worth not giving up!

• Like 6

Birmingham yr 6 JA timings have been - 

24 weeks - 3.15-5.30pm

32 weeks I believe were a slightly later start either 3.30-5.45 or 3.45-6.00pm

Whether that’s changing from September I don’t know but hope that helps a little x 

13 hours ago, Balletmum55 said:

Birmingham yr 6 JA timings have been - 

24 weeks - 3.15-5.30pm

32 weeks I believe were a slightly later start either 3.30-5.45 or 3.45-6.00pm

Whether that’s changing from September I don’t know but hope that helps a little x 

Really helpful to have an idea ... thank you xx

I’ve followed this forum through the audition waiting game each year but this is my first time speaking out. It was reading the comments about when to give up that made me want to shout “never”. My DD was a no in years 4 & 5 and SWL for year 6, and each year she we had a no for summer school. She was in other associate programs but never RB. She wanted to apply for full time schools and I didn’t want to apply for the royal - by the time you add up the application fees for lowes school, Mids, & the summer/spring intensives it was so expensive so I told her it seemed a waste of time after all the no’s. But she said she just wanted to go for the experience. She starts at White Lodge this September having been accepted at all 3 Vocational schools she applied for, so if your DD or DS has the heart and determination to keep trying - the simple answer is you should never give up. All children change and develop in their own way and their own time - as parents we want black and white answers but they’re just not there. No one can knows the answer to how long the wait list is or what the chances are - it’s simply down to how many decide not to take their place that year so in other words - fate. I got very used to the painful wait, refreshing and searching for hidden answers to all the unknowns. My DD adores dancing and copes with the no’s and the roller coaster of auditions -  they’re so much tougher than we are. So, if you had a yes - congratulations. And if you had a ‘not this time’ then it really can be a not yet, so please don’t give up. 

• Like 16

10 minutes ago, Crazylife said:

I’ve followed this forum through the audition waiting game each year but this is my first time speaking out. It was reading the comments about when to give up that made me want to shout “never”. My DD was a no in years 4 & 5 and SWL for year 6, and each year she we had a no for summer school. She was in other associate programs but never RB. She wanted to apply for full time schools and I didn’t want to apply for the royal - by the time you add up the application fees for lowes school, Mids, & the summer/spring intensives it was so expensive so I told her it seemed a waste of time after all the no’s. But she said she just wanted to go for the experience. She starts at White Lodge this September having been accepted at all 3 Vocational schools she applied for, so if your DD or DS has the heart and determination to keep trying - the simple answer is you should never give up. All children change and develop in their own way and their own time - as parents we want black and white answers but they’re just not there. No one can knows the answer to how long the wait list is or what the chances are - it’s simply down to how many decide not to take their place that year so in other words - fate. I got very used to the painful wait, refreshing and searching for hidden answers to all the unknowns. My DD adores dancing and copes with the no’s and the roller coaster of auditions -  they’re so much tougher than we are. So, if you had a yes - congratulations. And if you had a ‘not this time’ then it really can be a not yet, so please don’t give up. 

Great post 👏

• Like 1