A few questions about Tring Park

amanda-w

How incredibly sad & small minded.

It is true that Tring offer a variety of courses for talented children who may have strengths in different areas of the performing arts & so they may be looking for different attributes whereas Royal have just one specific focus.

I don't personally know the school but everything I have ever seen indicates that it offers an excellent training in both classical ballet & other genres.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only echo the sentiment of my previous post - that Tring has been fantastic for my DS - both in dance and academic . The pastoral care is great too , and he is a confident articulate young man . He absolutely loves it - seldom phones me up as he is too busy ! This week he is playing in 2 bands , in music showcase . They certainly produce well rounded individuals !

I also sing Trings praises. My dd is loving it there. She is lower sixth but knew when we went for the open day it was her top choice. She loves the ethos and comradery they all have. The suport from each other is fantastic. After watching shows by them I am blown away by what they achieve. Lower school included.

Its where your dd and you feel that's more important not what anyone else says!

Go with your gut feeling.

So glad to hear ladies the dance school my dd goes is so royal ballet that ever since she got into tring their attitude changed towards her we knew that royal was not for her as she was not super flexible and dance school said she would not get in and really we wanted her to have a all round training as ballet can be limited. She cannot wait to get to tring as at the mo she is preparing for her grade 5 exam and it appears that they have not taught her the whole thing yet and there is only 6 weeks left. Xxxx

• Like 1

That's really sad that they would say that , we had a similar situation where when my dd was coming up to year 7 she was told by her old dance school only to apply for royal ballet. Talk about narrowing down your chances :-( I'm so glad we moved dance schools last year, if we hadn't then my dd wouldn't be starting Tring in September. If the associate program is anything to go by and the teachers on the Easter program then I would say the teaching is amazing :-) I would ignore them and good luck for September x

• Like 1

I wouldn't worry. Let her enjoy these last few months at her dance school in the knowledge that a great experience with like minded children is waiting for her come sept.

Be proud she has a places there are so many orhers who would love one!

She'll be starting year 9 and I think the new starters arrive Sunday am and then the other boarders arrive in the afternoon. I might be wrong but that's what a gathered from reading the email today with the term dates etc..she can't wait to get her uniform list :-)

Hi Amandawhiter, my DD is also starting in year 7 and we are also eagerly awaiting our pack with details about uniforms, etc.  I'm hoping that there will be a transition day so the DC's can all meet before they start.

I think it's very narrow minded of your DD's current school as well as grossly unfair!  All 4 schools auditioned hundreds of applicants and places are offered to those children whom the schools see potential in....that's the top and bottom of it....whether you can afford the tuition does not come into the initial audition results although we all know that for some people although their children are successful at auditions, financial circumstances mean they are unable to take up places....but that certainly doesn't equate to those who can afford it being less talented!!  What a load of croc!

Our DD is super excited to start at Tring in September :) 

• Like 2

Oops , shows how much attention I pay to my surroundings when I drop off at CBA! Hadn't noticed the pub had changed!

Lol :-)

Depends if you go to the high street or not - I only noticed last time I went to Costa. Hopefully they're keeping the exterior exactly as it was; it is a beautiful building.

Don't listen to comments about which school accepted your DC, which is the 'best', whether this school likes tall dancers and the other likes short dancers, whether this school accepts DCs purely because their parents can pay the fees, etc. It is all very subjective and no one school is the 'best' for every talented child. Perhaps a teacher at your DD's dance school attended the RBS and now believes that the is the 'only' school worth applying to?

Also I should point out that I have noticed that those whose DCs have been rejected by vocational schools or summer schools or associate schemes can often become strangely critical of those schools/summer schools/schemes (having sung their praises before their DC was unsuccessful at audition) and it is then that comments such as those in my first sentence can be made.

The reality is that your DD has been successful where many talented children have not and has a place at a 'Big 4' school for September - huge congratulations to her and I wish her all the very best!

• Like 6