A few questions about Tring Park

amanda-w

We have all the uniform but it's still waiting to have the name tapes sewn in!  Does anyone know if the boarders are restricted in the luggage they use?  DD has seen a lovely trunk which we think will be ideal and decorative when at home but I think I heard somewhere that some schools don't like the use of trunks?

DD is really looking forward to the 1st form Induction Day this Friday :)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if they'll have an induction day for the older newbies too ? I'm assuming we take all their bits in cases, unpack them and bring the cases home with us. Does anyone know ?

No, they store the cases on site.  Then they bring them out in good time at the end of term so they can be packed and the rooms cleared, so they can be used for residential events during the holidays. (Unless it has all changed).

Ah ok thanks that's useful to know

I wouldn't recommend a trunk! Tring has a lot of stairs which the students and parents have to get everything up and down them! My dd, and everyone else we know, take a couple of suitcases, plus maybe pretty boxes for other stuff and those very huge lightweight bags you can buy for carrying the bedding in. The suitcases are stored at the school and then given back out several days before end of term. The children should also take a smaller weekend case suitable for using at Exeat weekends.

• Like 3

I wouldn't recommend a trunk! Tring has a lot of stairs which the students and parents have to get everything up and down them! My dd, and everyone else we know, take a couple of suitcases, plus maybe pretty boxes for other stuff and those very huge lightweight bags you can buy for carrying the bedding in. The suitcases are stored at the school and then given back out several days before end of term. The children should also take a smaller weekend case suitable for using at Exeat weekends.

Thank you :)  We'll re-think the luggage then x  

DD had her Induction Day on Friday and loved it!  The current 1st formers were lovely and very welcoming and kind :)

Also really impressed that all the lead teaching staff were on hand to answer questions - the Principal, Deputy Principal, Head of Dance, Head of Theatre Arts, Head of Academics and the Dance Teacher who was taking their classes - nothing was too much trouble and parents had time to chat with them both at drop off and pick up.

DD came out beaming and we're much less anxious now (or rather I am - DD never was to start with!) :)

BTW - with regard to luggage, apparently there's a mixture of suitcases, traditional boarding school trunks and duffles, so that's down to preference.  DD got to check out a couple of dorms again and said the suitcases were out for packing up ready for Summer hols.  

Still can't promise that I won't be crying in September but I feel fantastically reassured after the Induction Day :D 

• Like 5