Upper school audition results 2014

Frangapani

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DD did a DVD audition for her associate school & tbh I don't think it gave her any significant advantages or disadvantages. There were significant pros & cons for it and we were very nervous about it; I can't even imagine how Pastel & her family are feeling about some thing so much more major

Yes, I think there are advantages and disadvantages to dvd and live. Anyone who has made an audition dvd knows that it is a tricky process with great limitations, e.g. small studio (can't fit in feet and hands), low quality equipment etc. In one way it is good that the school is able to see your dc on their own, but at the same time, they can see every mistake and fault quite clearly. You can't actually make your child a better dancer than what they are. In reality, there isn't time for second shoots and doing it over to get it right. Studio time is always limited. We just have to accept that it is one of the options for better or worse. :)

• Like 2

Hi balletqs do you have any idea how many dancers are invited back to London Studios for second audition thank you.

I'm afraid not no but the good news is they are showing an interest in you if you have had a call back.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...