Fundraising??!!

Sheila Beelam

Optimistic is the word!

Check out the prices of some of their other items on e-bay, second hand long johns for that price ? I think I'll pass.

Do let us know if any of you decide to buy it!

• Like 1

My niece put up a few items of pre-loved clothing for sale.  One pair of Converse in a design still readily available in the shops sold for the same price as a new pair plus the p&p!!!

People seem to get overcome by the need to keep on bidding!!

Goodness there are some bizarre items on there!

If you include the postage they're selling a tesco lip balm for £3.19 - they only cost about £1 in the shop! And a bottle of bubble bath for £7.69! Then there's a Barbie saddle bag for £12.99!!

Thanks for the entertainment!!

• Like 1

But look what someone paid for an old RBS prospectus - £50!

so in 20 years time, I shall be selling a vintage 2010 RBS prospectus (plus supporting documentation, auditionletters and wait list letter... it will be in a thick envelope!)

if you're interested, you can have it now for £35... :)

• Like 8

Funnily enough,if anyone`s interested,I am selling on Ebay Anna Pavlova In Art and Life by Victor Dandre 1932.£65. It`s one of 2 copies I have. I bought one copy for £80 and the other copy a few years later,for £35. Unfortunately for some reason,Ebay wouldn`t let me put a "reserve price" on it. But if it sells for the minimum, i`ll be happy enough[sort of]. Would really like to hang on to both copies ,but finances being what they are,I guess I wouldn`t turn down 65 pounds. At the moment though ,no-one is even "watching" it,so I may well yet get to keep it.!!!

I bought a very old Sindy doll and a shoebox full of her clothes at a jumble sale about 5 years ago for £2.

Decided not to let dd play with the stuff, as I thought it might be worth a bit more than I paid for it, so I sent it to auction on the offchance.

It went for £195  :D

• Like 5

How lovely.!! About 2 years ago I bought myself a Sindy ballerina doll,with purple skirt and tights etc,for about £55 off Ebay. I never had a Sindy ballerina doll as a child ,only a "normal" Sindy. Every girl in our street had the ballet doll except for me,and I was the only one who liked ballet.! My mum refused to buy me the ballet one and said having one Sindy was enough.!!! So I was delighted when all these years later,to finally have my own Sindy Ballet doll.!! She is carefully wrapped in tissue paper,and will be passed on to my son once i`ve popped my clogs,along with my collection of pointe shoes [now over 100 pairs]and rare Moulin Rouge Programmes .I may not own my own house to be able to leave him,but at least he will have a few nice things he can sell on. And before then,I have the pleasure of collecting all these lovlies.!!

• Like 3

Just checked the link and by coincidence the sale of this was ending.

You will never guess but it was unsold!!

Nice try though. Tomorrow I shall be selling used pink ballet tights now a sort of greige colour for only £50 a pair!, Please feel free to DM me if you want to buy a pair!! LoL

• Like 4