Hammond audition news?

Dancemum100

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got an email today and DD has thankfully been offered a place for year 7. Still no letter.🙈 Now to wait to hear about funding🤞🏻. Do I complete the registration form soon? Or wait until I hear about funding? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dance86 said:

Got an email today and DD has thankfully been offered a place for year 7. Still no letter.🙈 Now to wait to hear about funding🤞🏻. Do I complete the registration form soon? Or wait until I hear about funding? 

Hi! If you require funding for your DD to go then wait for the funding decision to be made before completing registration. For year 7 we should find out next week 🤞🏻

3 minutes ago, Dance86 said:

Apparently wait as we have til the 1st of March, but ive filled it in and paid as sometimes funding offers can come in the summer when people hand them back. 😬

1 hour ago, jenalexandra78 said:

Congrats everyone. 

My dd has been accepted on a place for diploma in dance  but different to secondary, on the diploma letters it informs about funding.

It's says she is on the reserve list for dada funding. Meaning others have been awarded above her. 

Diploma has no sign up fee so we are signed up in hope that we might get funding with movement. 

I emailed to ask if any indication of place on reserve list,  but told a strong nope sorry. 

Few questions 

Do students actually get a no from diploma auditions??. Or is everyone accepted ?

I'm happy but waiting game for us. 

Just wondered if anyone had info on if diploma students might decline places as much compared to younger end xxx 

Schools are not allowed to allocate DaDa funding until 1st March.  This is a rule set by the DFE.  Also until income information forms are sent in the school will not yet know how many students the  Dada money will support.  In fact, I don't think the schools even know how much they have in the pot in total until about March (though they can guesstimate from previous years).  

Edited by Jewel

25 minutes ago, Jewel said:

Schools are not allowed to allocate DaDa funding until 1st March.  This is a rule set by the DFE.  Also until income information forms are sent in the school will not yet know how many students the  Dada money will support.  In fact, I don't think the schools even know how much they have in the pot in total until about March (though they can guesstimate from previous years).  

So do you think they have said to most the same or picked the ones they will fund if they can. Them rest on reserve list ? .... xxx

1 hour ago, jenalexandra78 said:

Congrats everyone. 

My dd has been accepted on a place for diploma in dance  but different to secondary, on the diploma letters it informs about funding.

It's says she is on the reserve list for dada funding. Meaning others have been awarded above her. 

Diploma has no sign up fee so we are signed up in hope that we might get funding with movement. 

I emailed to ask if any indication of place on reserve list,  but told a strong nope sorry. 

Few questions 

Do students actually get a no from diploma auditions??. Or is everyone accepted ?

I'm happy but waiting game for us. 

Just wondered if anyone had info on if diploma students might decline places as much compared to younger end xxx 

Hiya, just to clarify that people do get ‘no’s’ from the diploma audition. They also cut people halfway through the day, my DD and her friends saw this happen at several Hammond auditions last year. So to get through the day is good, and to get an offer is even better!

• Thanks 1

The way that Dada funding works at all schools/colleges is that everyone who is offered a place is ranked in order of perceived talent.  

At some point after 1st March the school/college offers DaDa funding to those at the top of the list.  As DaDa funding is a pot of money rather than a set amount of awards they do not know at this point exactly how many funded places they can offer so they use data from previous years to help them.  Applicants are asked to make a self declaration of parental income and the school/college uses these declarations to help them know how much money they need to allocate to each person.

If a lot of the people at  the top of the list are from high income families then they will need less support so the money will spread amongst more people so more awards may then be offered.  Also applicants who hold more than offer may decline in favour of somewhere else.  When my daughter was there she was offered a DaDa straight away but her friend was not offered one until much later in the summer.  

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Lissieloo said:

Does anyone know if funding outcomes will come via post or email? 

I’d rather not know for a bit 🤣🙈. My nerves have been shot and my social life non existent due to being glued to my emails and spending a week staring out of the window….still no letter 😆

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dance86 said:

I’d rather not know for a bit 🤣🙈. My nerves have been shot and my social life non existent due to being glued to my emails and spending a week staring out of the window….still no letter 😆

😂yes I hear you! X

6 minutes ago, So-not-a-Dancemom said:

Do they ever ask for evidence of parental/household income, or is it just self declared?  I've been 100% honest but I guess some may be more creative?

You can't be creative. It's a Governmant fund with a significant amount of paperwork 😅

6 minutes ago, So-not-a-Dancemom said:

Do they ever ask for evidence of parental/household income, or is it just self declared?  I've been 100% honest but I guess some may be more creative?

As MDS and DaDa awards are from the government, they have to ask for evidence. I had to supply P60s and monthly payslips to evidence our income when we applied for a Dada.

15 hours ago, lorna1 said:

I have just received an email saying I will find out about mds funding on Monday! Oh my god I can't cope with the wait 😬 good luck everyone fingers crossed x

My refresh button isn’t gonna know what’s hit it on Monday 😂 Good luck all 🤞

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mumoftwogirls2023 said:

Morning, we received an email this morning that my DD has been offered MDS will be approved once all paperwork is filled in. Good luck everyone 🤞🏻x

Oh how wonderful! Big congrats!!! X

21 minutes ago, Mumoftwogirls2023 said:

Morning, we received an email this morning that my DD has been offered MDS will be approved once all paperwork is filled in. Good luck everyone 🤞🏻x

That's amazing well done, what year is your DD in? Least your not waiting all day 🙂

On 09/02/2024 at 19:35, So-not-a-Dancemom said:

Any ‘inventive accounting’ would be fraud & as such criminal as this is taxpayer money.

Be aware also that if offered bursary funding from schools they have different forms & on these they may well ask for much more in-depth information such as wanting evidence of all savings accounts, shares owned, house value & outstanding mortgage, value of assets such as cars. It can feel a very invasive & rather terrifying process. But it is better any funding goes to help those genuinely with financial need rather than being more of a ‘merit scholarship’ (like with academic scholarships which are like winning a medal - & often only a nominal amount like 10% off fees). This is why bursary funding is usually referred to as ‘hardship funds’ at schools. Please all do be aware that finance info remains completely confidential & as such it is far far better that you encourage your youngsters NOT to discuss it. 
I always cringe when you see those photos in local papers with headline ‘Dancer receives full scholarship to X school’ 

Well, if it’s MDS funding then only if the family are at very bottom of income scale is it ‘full funding’ so that’s IMHO  over sharing one’s financial details with the general public! MDS is NOT a scholarship- much as it can feel like it as it’s so hard fought  to gain (NOT win) It definitely is an acknowledgment of talent but it also reflects a family’s financial need. Many dancers may well be from families who would not qualify & so do not apply for MDS funding. So having MDS is great but it is not a sign of ‘pecking order’ of dancers. Again - too often you hear of parents brag that they got 4 MDS offers blah blah blah. All they need is one & all the info they should share is the info of the one place they accept & a discreet acknowledgment that it’s made possible by government funding or school bursary. That is enough. 

I would like to say huge congratulations to all those young people being offered the chance to train in these schools. It can be an amazing opportunity but - word of caution - do NOT feel ‘owned’ or ‘ever so grateful’ or feel ‘silence bought’. You are still paying customers regardless of whether some of fees comes from taxpayer money or school charitable funds. It is NOT a reason to stay silent if things don’t feel right & it should never feel like it’s the schools trump cards to be gifted or removed at their whim. It certainly is part at the heart of some of recent issues at schools - fear of losing funding, fear of losing school place. Thus is why I again call for much more transparency & external auditing of the awarding and ongoing use of the government & any charity funding. 

Apologies of this ‘eyes wide open’ message is a bit bleak sounding. And please do enjoy successes & also those without the outcome they hoped for, continue on as you are as already you showed the right talent to get to this stage. Very many more routes to follow.

Good Luck all! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Balletmum1210 said:

Wondering the same. Radio silence here so can only assume no funding or reserve list, uh 😔x

I'm thinking the same, wondering whether to ring or email but it's only 10am 🤐

5 minutes ago, Traineedancemum said:

That’s what I’m wondering now. Maybe year 7 funding has gone out first?

If there are only between say 9-12 awards then I can’t imagine it would take this long to email them all out, unless they are still actively deliberating, but I can’t see that being the case?