Hammond audition news?

Dancemum100

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We haven't heard anything. We were told by 9th feb but in our interview she did say it could be sooner as we were one of the last audition days. I have checked my emails approximately 8 million times each day since! We were auditioning for year 10 entry. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lissieloo said:

We haven't heard anything. We were told by 9th feb but in our interview she did say it could be sooner as we were one of the last audition days. I have checked my emails approximately 8 million times each day since! We were auditioning for year 10 entry. 

We were told we would be told via a letter in the post. I’ve stopped looking at my emails since finding this out! If so, just means the wait is a little longer whilst waiting for it to arrive. 

Good luck! 

47 minutes ago, Lissieloo said:

Thanks for the info- I can be less neurotic with my emails now and concentrate on stalking the postman! 
good luck to your child, hope positive news! 

My postman is going to love me! 😂

• Like 2

A friend got in contact and was told that offers have been put on hold whilst they try and see if they can get more funding. Hopefully this is something positive but not sure if it means we might have to wait longer or not. Least I can tell my daughter not to expect anything this week. 

2 hours ago, Mumoftwogirls2023 said:

A friend got in contact and was told that offers have been put on hold whilst they try and see if they can get more funding. Hopefully this is something positive but not sure if it means we might have to wait longer or not. Least I can tell my daughter not to expect anything this week. 

I’ve received an email about this, so I assume everyone else would have an email. X

No we didn’t email. A few others who auditioned on that day too have had one so I am guessing they are doing in order of when you auditioned. We auditioned on the first date. We have friends who auditioned for theatre arts before us and they got an email today too saying theirs is in the post. 

7 minutes ago, Mumoftwogirls2023 said:

No we didn’t email. A few others who auditioned on that day too have had one so I am guessing they are doing in order of when you auditioned. We auditioned on the first date. We have friends who auditioned for theatre arts before us and they got an email today too saying theirs is in the post. 

Thank you, I believe my daughter’s audition was the second date so that would make sense. I’ll get back to refreshing the inbox and watching for the postie! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Balletmum92 said:

Thank you, I believe my daughter’s audition was the second date so that would make sense. I’ll get back to refreshing the inbox and watching for the postie! 

Least you know it won’t be too much longer now. 

Good luck, I have my fingers crossed for good news for everyone! 🤞🏻🤞🏻

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lissieloo said:

Oh blimey! Was this for dance or theatre arts? And which year group? 
we auditioned for year 10 dance pathway x

Year 7 dance and our audition was the week before so I guess they are going in order of audition date letting people know as I know those who auditioned for theatre arts in Jan have had emails to say letters in the post or some have received them. Guessing they have a lot to get through! 😬

14 minutes ago, Mumoftwogirls2023 said:

Year 7 dance and our audition was the week before so I guess they are going in order of audition date letting people know as I know those who auditioned for theatre arts in Jan have had emails to say letters in the post or some have received them. Guessing they have a lot to get through! 😬

We were one of the last so I'm guessing we have a bit longer to wait. 
good luck! X

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Lissieloo said:

We were one of the last so I'm guessing we have a bit longer to wait. 
good luck! X

My child’s audition was 22/01…hope to here by email or letter next week🙈. Wishing everyone luck. I wonder how many auditioned for year 7? 

11 hours ago, Dance86 said:

My child’s audition was 22/01…hope to here by email or letter next week🙈. Wishing everyone luck. I wonder how many auditioned for year 7? 

I’m not sure across the Thursday and Monday there was about 30 but not sure how many on the Friday. They are doing another audition date in Feb too. Not sure how many they take into year 7 do you? 

20 minutes ago, Liz1986 said:

Good morning, does anyone know how we find out if a place is funded once we receive an offer letter? Good luck to everyone waiting to hear x

Also interested to know the answer to this… it’ll prolong the wait even more if not! 

1 hour ago, Liz1986 said:

Good morning, does anyone know how we find out if a place is funded once we receive an offer letter? Good luck to everyone waiting to hear x

Oh I just presumed it would be in the offer letter? X

Have you received your offer and it didn’t have funding? I was under the impression we would find out at the same time this year as they were doing differently but not received anything yet so not sure. x

1 hour ago, Liz1986 said:

My daughter has received an offer letter this morning but it doesn’t mention anything about funding. Obviously she’s so happy but she understands without funding it won’t be doable x

• Like 3

Just now, Liz1986 said:

My daughter has received an offer letter this morning but it doesn’t mention anything about funding. Obviously she’s so happy but she understands without funding it won’t be doable x

Congratulations to your daughter! 👏🏻👏🏻 What year has she applied for and is it dance? 

I don’t know I assumed they were telling people at the same time but maybe they are waiting as they have further auditions now in Feb. 

Bear in mind if funding hasn’t been offered if others don’t accept their place there is still a chance it will be offered at a later date. 

Fingers crossed 🤞🏻

We also wouldn’t be able to send our daughter without the MDS. x