Hammond audition news?

Dancemum100

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Balletmum1210 said:

If there are only between say 9-12 awards then I can’t imagine it would take this long to email them all out, unless they are still actively deliberating, but I can’t see that being the case? 

I also wondered if they might hold some back as they still have auditions at the end of the month? Maybe once they have done them they will give out more to either those students or those from the first round of auditions?

4 minutes ago, Mumoftwogirls2023 said:

I also wondered if they might hold some back as they still have auditions at the end of the month? Maybe once they have done them they will give out more to either those students or those from the first round of auditions?

Yes quite possibly so. Oh well, we will go on like it’s a no and if anything pops up it’ll be a nice surprise. Fingers crossed over the coming months x

5 minutes ago, Lissieloo said:

Does the funding info say what percentage of funding you've been offered? 
big well done to those who have been successful! X

Each MDS award amount is dependent on an individual family’s income. There is a calculator on the Hammond fees page so you can work out how much you’d have to pay if your child received an award.

Edited by margarite
Grammar

37 minutes ago, Mumoftwogirls2023 said:

There will also be some children with offers from other schools as well as Hammond, so some MDS might be handed back if they decide to go elsewhere. 

23 minutes ago, Lissieloo said:

Does the funding info say what percentage of funding you've been offered? 
big well done to those who have been successful! X

No we have to fill a form in as it’s based on household income x

My daughter has been offered MDS for year 7 dance. I was expecting a long wait for the email today but it was in my inbox at 7.30am.

Are there any other mummies or daddies with children starting year 7 dance in September? Id love to try connect prior to my daughter starting. She will be boarding. 🥰

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MA-mummy said:

My daughter has been offered MDS for year 7 dance. I was expecting a long wait for the email today but it was in my inbox at 7.30am.

Are there any other mummies or daddies with children starting year 7 dance in September? Id love to try connect prior to my daughter starting. She will be boarding. 🥰

Hi! Feel free to message me my daughter will be joining in year 7 and we have a friend whose daughter also had an email this morning too. 

Congratulations! 🎉🎉

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, MA-mummy said:

Yes my daughter has as well! What date did your daughter audition? My daughter will be boarding too! X

My DD letter has finally arrived after a week of waiting for it to be delivered🙈. Now to wait about funding, but not heard a peep. So not looking promising 😞. Congratulations to all of you who have received funding x x

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dance86 said:

My DD letter has finally arrived after a week of waiting for it to be delivered🙈. Now to wait about funding, but not heard a peep. So not looking promising 😞. Congratulations to all of you who have received funding x x

All funding offers have been sent, so if you haven’t heard, you are right to assume you haven’t been awarded it. We cannot request to know what place they are on the reserve list and we must pay the £160 to secure their place on the reserve list. Fingers crossed for movement over the coming months 🤞x

1 hour ago, Balletmum1210 said:

All funding offers have been sent, so if you haven’t heard, you are right to assume you haven’t been awarded it. We cannot request to know what place they are on the reserve list and we must pay the £160 to secure their place on the reserve list. Fingers crossed for movement over the coming months 🤞x

Did you email the register to find this out? Glad it’s clarified - time to think of different options :)

So there's no funding offer for us. Absolutely gutted 😞 

it would be nice to know how many funding places were offered so we can put it all in to perspective.  And how many were offered to which year groups. 
we are going to still accept our place and hope that we may be fortunate enough to find a way to send our daughter in September. 
 huge well done to those of you who got their funding. And to all of our kids who did amazingly well to be offered a place regardless of funding xx 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Lissieloo said:

So there's no funding offer for us. Absolutely gutted 😞 

it would be nice to know how many funding places were offered so we can put it all in to perspective.  And how many were offered to which year groups. 
we are going to still accept our place and hope that we may be fortunate enough to find a way to send our daughter in September. 
 huge well done to those of you who got their funding. And to all of our kids who did amazingly well to be offered a place regardless of funding xx 

Have you received an email yet to apply for the Hammond support? I’m still going to sit patiently and wait a few months with fingers crossed. All of our children are amazing. X 

I’ve just received the email for the support fund too. I wonder if accepting funding from the support fund (if offered) will automatically remove the child from the MDS funding reserve list? Or whether this funding is only offered for one year?

Edited by Balletmum1210

13 minutes ago, Dance86 said:

Have you received an email yet to apply for the Hammond support? I’m still going to sit patiently and wait a few months with fingers crossed. All of our children are amazing. X 

Yes just had that through. Do you think applying for that would affect MDS funding if any became available? 

On 09/02/2024 at 19:35, So-not-a-Dancemom said:

Do they ever ask for evidence of parental/household income, or is it just self declared?  I've been 100% honest but I guess some may be more creative?

Yes, they ask to see evidence.  The self-declaration is just so the school can estimate how much of the DaDa pot each applicant needs so they know how many people to offer funding too.  Later in the year you will get the proper form from the government and that will ask for copies of P60's, self assesments, pension statements, payslips etc.

My DD has left the Hammond now but when she applied she was on the reserve list for MDS. Back in those days they would tell you where they were roughly on the list and I got told not to worry too much. The day Elmhurst results were out she was offered an MDS so yes there will be lots of movement from now right up until the summer. 
Also another school she auditioned at 16 she was told she was prob too far down to get a Dada so I didn’t pay the fee and we wrote it off.  Then in May I got a call saying she had a Dada. We didn’t take it but just so you know there is movement constantly so don’t give up hope and good luck! 
Also yes they ask for all you wage slips, p60 etc so you have to declare it all. Even with an MDS it was hard going with exeat trips and still a fair bit to contribute….

I would feel better about paying the registration fee if I knew where my daughter was roughly on the list, I understand why they keep it confidential but if it’s a lost cause I won’t pay the £160 🤦‍♀️🤣

18 minutes ago, Liz1986 said:

I would feel better about paying the registration fee if I knew where my daughter was roughly on the list, I understand why they keep it confidential but if it’s a lost cause I won’t pay the £160 🤦‍♀️🤣

Try emailing or call to ask where they are roughly on the list. X