Hammond audition news?

Dancemum100

8 minutes ago, margarite said:

The school has a set amount of MDS awards, it’s not a pot of money (unlike DAda awards) the number of available MDS awards fluctuates from year to year depending on how many are given back from the outgoing year 11. When my daughter was in year 7 ( a while back!) 10 out of the 18 dancers had an MDS. Over the next few years about three dancers joined in years 8/9 also receiving an MDS award. A couple of children left over time and their awards were redistributed, sometimes to other years. Discussing awards is not really allowed, but the kids always talked about who had what quite freely! So I would say that on average a year 11 group would be handing back between 8-12 awards for the school to reallocate. These would normally go to new year 7’s and 8’s. 

Ah thank you this is very helpful info! X

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, lorna1 said:

Thanks for this, how many students approximately are in a year do you know x

It depends. My daughter’s year 7 started off with 19 (18 dancers and one theatre arts) - by year 11 there were around 26-28 pupils in her year - still around 18 dancers, the rest theatre arts. I think the current year 7/8 are quite small - around 15 children?  I guess numbers depend on the amount of families each year who can afford to pay full fees once the MDS spots are taken.

16 minutes ago, margarite said:

It depends. My daughter’s year 7 started off with 19 (18 dancers and one theatre arts) - by year 11 there were around 26-28 pupils in her year - still around 18 dancers, the rest theatre arts. I think the current year 7/8 are quite small - around 15 children?  I guess numbers depend on the amount of families each year who can afford to pay full fees once the MDS spots are taken.

Thank you for this 🙂

12 minutes ago, Traineedancemum said:

Postman has just been and no letter 😩 Has anyone who attended on 24th January received their letters yet? This is so frustrating!!!

We haven't had any post yet all week which is very annoying. We auditioned on 24th so i will report back if we ever see the postman! 

1 hour ago, margarite said:

This has been the pattern in my dd’s year group too. 

No post so far this week! I’m sure my postie must be off sick. I usually get mail everyday…mainly junk. But I’ve had nothing through the door…. Not even a charity bag or a take away menu 😱

Is it true that rejections aren't sent by letter but by email? I don't know why they don't just attach it to an email!! I've had an email saying a letter has been sent but our post is glitchy at the best of tines. When they've done everything else by email. I don't understand why this has to be a letter!

My daughter auditioned for the diploma with DaDA funding so I'm not sure same process applies? Anyone know?

Edited by So-not-a-Dancemom
Add

3 hours ago, Dance86 said:

No post so far this week! I’m sure my postie must be off sick. I usually get mail everyday…mainly junk. But I’ve had nothing through the door…. Not even a charity bag or a take away menu 😱

Same here! So frustrating! 

6 minutes ago, So-not-a-Dancemom said:

Is it true that rejections aren't selling by letter but by email? I don't know why they don't just attach it to an email!! I've had an email saying a letter has been sent but our post is glitchy at the best of tines. When they've done everything else by email. I don't understand why this has to be a letter!

Aww I know it must be annoying with your post seeming to take a while. When it arrives though it’s comes with a gold stamp and my daughter commented what a nice touch it was. Sure the result will be worth the wait. X

• Like 1

Aw yes I liked the letter it reminded me of a Hogwarts letter. My only wish is that I had hidden it away until we knew about the funding as we all got so excited when it arrived. 
hope the postman hurries up for everyone x

3 minutes ago, Liz1986 said:

Aw yes I liked the letter it reminded me of a Hogwarts letter. My only wish is that I had hidden it away until we knew about the funding as we all got so excited when it arrived. 
hope the postman hurries up for everyone x

This was my original plan but then I thought if she didn’t get funding she would be disappointed and I wanted her to celebrate getting in regardless as it’s a great achievement. Hopefully this time next week we will know! 🤞🏻 is your son/daughter applying for lower school? x

• Like 2

Has anyone heard of anyone receiving a rejection letter? I had an email sent on Monday that the letter has been sent, but nothing so far. So I’m now fretting incase it has been posted 2nd class as a rejection letter. Either that or the Royal Mail is appalling in my area. 

20 minutes ago, Dance86 said:

Has anyone heard of anyone receiving a rejection letter? I had an email sent on Monday that the letter has been sent, but nothing so far. So I’m now fretting incase it has been posted 2nd class as a rejection letter. Either that or the Royal Mail is appalling in my area. 

Oh my goodness I'm having this exact same thought process right now so would be interested to hear the answer too! 

14 minutes ago, Lissieloo said:

So we've finally had a postal delivery for this week... but there's nothing in it from the Hammond 😫

My postman has just been and still no letter. I’ve emailed the school to see if they will email the contents. 😩

I actually phoned yesterday and was told I would get an email yesterday afternoon but nothing was sent. So I emailed again just now so hopefully I will get a reply. 

At least you are not the only one. 

1 minute ago, Traineedancemum said:

My postman has just been and still no letter. I’ve emailed the school to see if they will email the contents. 😩

I actually phoned yesterday and was told I would get an email yesterday afternoon but nothing was sent. So I emailed again just now so hopefully I will get a reply. 

At least you are not the only one. 

I think I'm going to have to do the same for the sake of my sanity!! Let us know when you hear anything. 🤞 x

Gosh hurry up Hammond!!  
I’m just an observer and can hardly  bear the suspense waiting for everybody to hear about whether their DD’s and DS’s have got places or not! 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Dancemum100 said:

I rang and got sent a congratulations email straight away! It also says on it that funding hasn’t been decided yet and will be notified separately. 

Congratulations! You can now breathe! I might give them a call tomorrow if no mail. Do I ring the main number on the website and leave a voice message? 

1 minute ago, Traineedancemum said:

I called and emailed and finally got an email saying my daughter has her place for year 9 start in September!!!!

Yay, congratulations, are you waiting for the mds too x

1 hour ago, Lissieloo said:

We also got our offer for year 10 via email today. Just waiting on the funding now! 
massive well done to everyone x

Did you email them asking for the results? I am completely flapping now x 

27 minutes ago, Dance86 said:

Did you email them asking for the results? I am completely flapping now x 

Yes, I said we hadn't had any post this week and would they be able to send the outcome by email. X 

Congrats everyone. 

My dd has been accepted on a place for diploma in dance  but different to secondary, on the diploma letters it informs about funding.

It's says she is on the reserve list for dada funding. Meaning others have been awarded above her. 

Diploma has no sign up fee so we are signed up in hope that we might get funding with movement. 

I emailed to ask if any indication of place on reserve list,  but told a strong nope sorry. 

Few questions 

Do students actually get a no from diploma auditions??. Or is everyone accepted ?

I'm happy but waiting game for us. 

Just wondered if anyone had info on if diploma students might decline places as much compared to younger end xxx 

Edited by jenalexandra78