Hammond audition news?

Dancemum100

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, lorna1 said:

My daughters letter has just arrived and I'm not allowed to open it til shes home from school!!! It's addressed to her not me with a gold seal on the back, surely they wouldn't address it to my daughter if it was bad news! I feel I need to open it so I can be prepared if it's not the news we want, but I won't 🤐 

Will keep everything crossed that it’s good news 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

52 minutes ago, Dance86 said:

Will keep everything crossed that it’s good news 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

It is thanks, she has a year 7 dance place! 😀 Good luck to everyone waiting x

• Like 5

I hate to ask, but has anyone received a rejection letter in the post? I’m on edge waiting for this letter and bracing myself for the worst case. Will be nice to relax once we get the results. Congratulations to all who were successful 🥳

A letter has just arrived with a lovely gold seal. There’s no way to sneak a peak so I’ll have to be patient until my daughter gets home tonight. Assuming it’s good news 🤞 Now to cross everything and hope and prey for MDS 🙏 

Good luck to everybody else x

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Balletmum1210 said:

A letter has just arrived with a lovely gold seal. There’s no way to sneak a peak so I’ll have to be patient until my daughter gets home tonight. Assuming it’s good news 🤞 Now to cross everything and hope and prey for MDS 🙏 

I think that's good news! Fingers crossed! I'm stuck now as to whether or not to pay the £160 deposit, because if she doesnt get the mds my girl can't go. So could do with knowing about the funding before I accept the place 🤔 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Balletmum1210 said:

Good luck I am sure it’s good news! Enjoy that moment with opening the letter x

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, lorna1 said:

I think that's good news! Fingers crossed! I'm stuck now as to whether or not to pay the £160 deposit, because if she doesnt get the mds my girl can't go. So could do with knowing about the funding before I accept the place 🤔 

Where does it say about the £160 is that when you have completed the form? I am guessing we will know about funding before the deadline to commit as they know there are quite a few children who wouldn’t be able to go without the MDS. x

16 minutes ago, Balletmum1210 said:

Just now, Mumoftwogirls2023 said:

Where does it say about the £160 is that when you have completed the form? I am guessing we will know about funding before the deadline to commit as they know there are quite a few children who wouldn’t be able to go without the MDS. x

When you register on the link, it's none refundable too, so really we need to know about the funding, but I guess you have to be registered with the school for them to request the funding. No clue though.

Just now, Dance86 said:

Are the letters posted 1st class? I just need to back away from the front door and try to distract myself, as only got the email yesterday about the letter being posted 🙈

Yes! Eeeek

2 minutes ago, Dance86 said:

Are the letters posted 1st class? I just need to back away from the front door and try to distract myself, as only got the email yesterday about the letter being posted 🙈

Yes they are! 👏🏻 Ours got sent out Friday and was here Saturday I know others got there Monday. Hopefully with it not being a weekend everyone will get them today 🤞🏻

Edited by Mumoftwogirls2023

1 minute ago, Dance86 said:

Email received yesterday, letter arrived today 1st class x

38 minutes ago, lorna1 said:

Somebody commented earlier that we should know about funding by next week, I’d maybe contact the school or hold off for a few days, hopefully there will be an update from the school soon x

1 hour ago, lorna1 said:

When dd was auditioning we had to pay the deposit before they would send us details and add us to the list for the mds/funding audition, but they’re not doing that audition any longer, yet still requesting the ‘deposit’?

Edited by Farawaydancer

I have called to confirm about accepting the place if funding is required. The plan is to inform lower school of outcomes by beginning-middle of next week so we don’t need to pay any fees etc before. Hope this helps to clarify for anyone else who wasn’t sure 😃

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Macmac said:

Anyone getting the outcome email / letter regarding upper school auditions yet?

We had an email yesterday to say we had a letter in the post. We auditioned for year 10 entry x

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Balletmum1210 said:

Does anybody know how many of the current year 11s receive MDS? Just wondering how many there will be this year. 

I'm sorry I can't answer but I was also wondering, is MDS one lump sum split through every year group or do they get an allowance for each year group? 

11 minutes ago, Lissieloo said:

I'm sorry I can't answer but I was also wondering, is MDS one lump sum split through every year group or do they get an allowance for each year group? 

The school has a set amount of MDS awards, it’s not a pot of money (unlike DAda awards) the number of available MDS awards fluctuates from year to year depending on how many are given back from the outgoing year 11. When my daughter was in year 7 ( a while back!) 10 out of the 18 dancers had an MDS. Over the next few years about three dancers joined in years 8/9 also receiving an MDS award. A couple of children left over time and their awards were redistributed, sometimes to other years. Discussing awards is not really allowed, but the kids always talked about who had what quite freely! So I would say that on average a year 11 group would be handing back between 8-12 awards for the school to reallocate. These would normally go to new year 7’s and 8’s. 

21 hours ago, Dance86 said:

2 minutes ago, margarite said:

The school has a set amount of MDS awards, it’s not a pot of money (unlike DAda awards) the number of available MDS awards fluctuates from year to year depending on how many are given back from the outgoing year 11. When my daughter was in year 7 ( a while back!) 10 out of the 18 dancers had an MDS. Over the next few years about three dancers joined in years 8/9 also receiving an MDS award. A couple of children left over time and their awards were redistributed, sometimes to other years. Discussing awards is not really allowed, but the kids always talked about who had what quite freely! So I would say that on average a year 11 group would be handing back between 8-12 awards for the school to reallocate. These would normally go to new year 7’s and 8’s. 

Thanks for this, how many students approximately are in a year do you know x