Hammond audition news?

Dancemum100

46 minutes ago, Liz1986 said:

My daughter has received an offer letter this morning but it doesn’t mention anything about funding. Obviously she’s so happy but she understands without funding it won’t be doable x

Amazing- well done to your daughter on her offer! I can see though how this is difficult though without confirmation of the finding, we also would not be able to accept an offer without funding. Does it not mention anything about finding at all in the letter? How frustrating! X

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, Liz1986 said:

My daughter has received an offer letter this morning but it doesn’t mention anything about funding. Obviously she’s so happy but she understands without funding it won’t be doable x

Ah Liz, that’s frustrating. I would say contact the registrar Monday. If it’s that you haven’t been offered funding, your daughter may be on a MDS/bursary reserve list (always some movement over the coming months), you can ask how close to the top of the list she is. It could just be that funding hasn’t been decided yet with there being new audition dates. Fingers crossed for you and everyone else waiting x

51 minutes ago, Liz1986 said:

We have also had an offer but again it mentions nothing about funding. It would be really good to know if that means she hasn’t been offered funding at all or they haven’t done that yet! 😬

3 minutes ago, Mumoftwogirls2023 said:

We have also had an offer but again it mentions nothing about funding. It would be really good to know if that means she hasn’t been offered funding at all or they haven’t done that yet! 😬

Sooo frustrating. I was under the impression things had changed this year so that children weren’t left elated and then disappointed, confused etc. 

Congratulations to your child and fingers crossed for funding! 

1 hour ago, Balletmum92 said:

Sooo frustrating. I was under the impression things had changed this year so that children weren’t left elated and then disappointed, confused etc. 

Congratulations to your child and fingers crossed for funding! 

Thank you.

Same here. It might just mean we haven’t been offered funding as not mentioned. Would just be nice to know either way wouldn’t it rather than second guessing x

1 hour ago, Dance86 said:

No letter today for us😞. Has anyone received a letter who auditioned 22/01? Feeling a bit deflated. 

I literally think they have just sent offers out in order people auditioned. It seems like only theatre arts and day 1 of year 7/8 have started to go out. Hopefully Monday everyone else will get an email saying letters are in the post! 🤞🏻🤞🏻

• Like 1

Sorry we have been at a comp so busy day and I’ve not had time to reply. Congratulations to all the children and Thankyou for the replies - seems none of us are any the wiser at the moment. I think I’ll send an email on Monday and ask - it’s hard as you can’t get too excited about the offer when the funding isn’t confirmed. 
We did have to fill in funding forms prior to the audition so they will be aware of our financial circumstances, I’m driving myself mad now over thinking it all 🤦‍♀️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Liz1986 said:

Sorry we have been at a comp so busy day and I’ve not had time to reply. Congratulations to all the children and Thankyou for the replies - seems none of us are any the wiser at the moment. I think I’ll send an email on Monday and ask - it’s hard as you can’t get too excited about the offer when the funding isn’t confirmed. 
We did have to fill in funding forms prior to the audition so they will be aware of our financial circumstances, I’m driving myself mad now over thinking it all 🤦‍♀️

We have done all sorts of overthinking this afternoon too! 🤦🏼‍♀️Daughter doesn’t know how to feel as she doesn’t know if that’s her opportunity over or she still has a chance. Think we will email Monday too. Hope your comp went well! x

Edited by Mumoftwogirls2023
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Peanut68 said:

Do they only hold one round of auditions - or is there a second ‘funding’ audition for those unable to accept place offer without financial assistance in March time (like I believe Tring do) ? 

So they used to invite you back for funding auditions but this time they said they were doing it all on the audition day  so we found out earlier. Not sure if that means if it’s not mentioned that we haven’t the chance of MDS or that it just hasn’t been decided yet. The not knowing is so hard! 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mumoftwogirls2023 said:

So they used to invite you back for funding auditions but this time they said they were doing it all on the audition day  so we found out earlier. Not sure if that means if it’s not mentioned that we haven’t the chance of MDS or that it just hasn’t been decided yet. The not knowing is so hard! 

It's difficult as well as it's fallen over a weekend so can't contact them to clarify. 
we haven't had our letter yet but I feel this is easier for us over the weekend than those of you who have heard but no mention of funding! 
hope clarity comes soon for everyone xx

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mumoftwogirls2023 said:

But then they sent that email saying they were holding offers while they decide funding 🤦‍♀️

The waiting is tough…so glad to be personally out of it all now!! Good luck to those awaiting…. Trust your gut instincts as to best place if more than one affordable offer (& remember that may include staying home & working out a training route independently)

xx

3 hours ago, Liz1986 said:

But then they sent that email saying they were holding offers while they decide funding 🤦‍♀️

That’s what I thought but then our offer letter was sent out the next day. So I wondered if they had now decided. It literally is a guessing game. Hoping to talk to them tomorrow. 🤞🏻 Hopefully someone will get an answer tomrorow and we will all have a better understanding 😃

• Like 1

My daughter auditioned on the 18th, had the email saying the letter has gone out, Currently waiting for the postman, her friend hasn't got in and was told that by email. If anyone finds out anymore information on the funding please post as I suspect everyone will be ringing/emailing the school today! Good luck everyone, fingers crossed x

4 minutes ago, Liz1986 said:

I have emailed this morning and the registrar replied to say all children are assessed for funding but no decisions on funding have been made yet x

Did they give an incline to when we will find out about it, like a week or a few months, or even what the process even is. Do we just get another letter. We are kind of in limbo.

Does anyone know what we do if funding isn’t decided before the 1st of March as it says we need to let them know by then? . If we find out before we can either accept or decline based on the funding decision. Without that though, we wouldn’t be in a position to accept but wouldn’t want my daughter to lose her place either.  x

My daughters letter has just arrived and I'm not allowed to open it til shes home from school!!! It's addressed to her not me with a gold seal on the back, surely they wouldn't address it to my daughter if it was bad news! I feel I need to open it so I can be prepared if it's not the news we want, but I won't 🤐 

• Like 2

On 31/01/2024 at 23:46, Ballet-mum-8017553946284 said:

If anyone would like to buy some Hammond uniform, suitable for year 7/8, please message me. 

Hi, I would be really interested xx 

9 minutes ago, lorna1 said:

My daughters letter has just arrived and I'm not allowed to open it til shes home from school!!! It's addressed to her not me with a gold seal on the back, surely they wouldn't address it to my daughter if it was bad news! I feel I need to open it so I can be prepared if it's not the news we want, but I won't 🤐 

Most definitely sounds like good news 🥰

11 minutes ago, lorna1 said:

I’ve heard from people who haven’t got in that they got an email, so I am pretty certain it’s positive news! 🤞🏻🤞🏻