RBS Summer Intensive 2023

Pointeperfect

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, ponklemum said:

These are from the last 2 years. (I think I have them right)

2022 Closing date Feb 15th

Results March 10th

2021 Closing date March 3rd

Results March 18th

The year before this results were out in January , so it’s anyone’s guess ? 
last year though I do not remember the website stating they’d try to get results out in 4 weeks. 

1 minute ago, Mumof1 said:

The year before this results were out in January , so it’s anyone’s guess ? 
last year though I do not remember the website stating they’d try to get results out in 4 weeks. 

It’s all dependent on the closing date I would imagine 

• Like 1

I would dearly love to know how they select. I.e. Is there one photo they start with and shortlist from, before looking at the other photos to make their final selection? Is it one group of people (or one person?!) who does it and do they do it in one day? What's the first thing they're looking for: feet, turnout, proportions, muscle tone, leg shape...? I would love to be a fly on the wall...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MissEmily said:

I would dearly love to know how they select. I.e. Is there one photo they start with and shortlist from, before looking at the other photos to make their final selection? Is it one group of people (or one person?!) who does it and do they do it in one day? What's the first thing they're looking for: feet, turnout, proportions, muscle tone, leg shape...? I would love to be a fly on the wall...

Me too! I would love to know. It all depends on the panel members probably so each year it could be different things. You’d think they would know the straight nos firstly.

Edited to add I do think 

how many hours a child

does must come into it. They must need to know that the child can handle the intensive days of ballet. 

Edited by OnTheMove
  • Like 1

It would be a bit mean of them to give out results today with WL semi-finals in London tomorrow. Would be hard for any 10/11yos who find out they didn't get a place at the SI just before their WL audition. On the other hand, they might not even think like that - that's the ballet world! 

It is such an unpredictable process - please don't be too disheartened if it ends up being a No or a Wait List when the email comes in. They seem to offer an awful lot of wait list places and there is often a small amount movement so you never know. 

As people have said above, we've seen people offered White Lodge who got wait listed for SI, and yesses for SI who didn't get past the first round of auditions for some schools (and every combination of results in between!). The RBS summer intensive is also not the be all and end all of summer courses - there are lots of other great options out there. 

If you're on social media then it will likely feel like every man and his dog has been offered an RBS summer intensive place, which isn't true of course but it can feel like it when you're sitting with a disappointing email. So if that's the case, then do yourself a favour and avoid insta for the next few days 🙄

• Like 2

I also believe this year will be especially competitive as many people held off due to lingering Covid travel restrictions when applications were due last January 2022. Especially from Asia. My child's SI group was almost all local UK students. I wouldn't be surprised if they have a record number of applicants this year.

• Like 1

Hi there,

I can't find a topic about the summer intensive of 2023 - so I ask here. Maybe there's someone also waiting for the results...  does anyone have a yes or no already? A month has passed since the aplication deadine (okay, 2 days left till the 21st :) and we are so nervous and impatient now with my daughter...

Thanks!

(update: I found the actual topic!)

Edited by lanczievamuzsa

3 hours ago, lanczievamuzsa said:

Hi there,

I can't find a topic about the summer intensive of 2023 - so I ask here. Maybe there's someone also waiting for the results...  does anyone have a yes or no already? A month has passed since the aplication deadine (okay, 2 days left till the 21st :) and we are so nervous and impatient now with my daughter...

Thanks!

(update: I found the actual topic!)

They’ve said it could be another couple of weeks because of the volume of applications 

• Like 1