RBS Summer Intensive 2023

Pointeperfect

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 23/02/2023 at 15:58, sunrise81 said:

Finals are on today for older ones i think......so who knows!!

My DD was at finals for yr 10 on Friday and Saturday and there were a lot of staff on the panel so they were probably preoccupied 🤣

It should definitely be this week, then we can all start to arrange our summers one way or another. 😊☀️🛫⛱️

• Like 1

Long-term, occasional forum-lurker here, coming out of the wings and entering stage left for better or worse! 😄👋

My sense is that the Summer Intensives are dealt with completely separately to the main school so would have thought the number of staff on panel at finals over the weekend wouldn't have an impact on the intensive selection process? 🤔 I suppose if it's at the Admin (emailing results) stage, the office staff might have been a bit busy though 🙈

5 minutes ago, Thelittleswans said:

I had 1-1 with my daughters JA teacher who said that the team that deals with auditions are the same as the team that deal with summer school admissions. So I would assume they are bit busy with the finals etc my guess is we shall hear around the beginning of March.

Oh, don't tell me, my daughter is so anxious since October - that is when we sent the application. I hoped she would forget about it, she is so young (turns 10 this week) and has a lot of other things to do, and we are also from another country, I suppose they don't get too many foreigners... but no, she asks me literally every day since October about the summer intensive... and I don't really know what to answer, we know nothing about this course nor about the school itself - it is just a big dream for her, as her idols are all dancing at the Royal Ballet...

Edited by lanczievamuzsa
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, lanczievamuzsa said:

Oh, don't tell me, my daughter is so anxious since October - that is when we sent the application. I hoped she would forget about it, she is so young (turns 10 this week) and has a lot of other things to do, and we are also from another country, I suppose they don't get too many foreigners... but no, she asks me literally every day since October about the summer intensive... and I don't really know what to answer, we know nothing about this course nor about the school itself - it is just a big dream for her, as her idols are all dancing at the Royal Ballet...

The website states:

Results will be sent out w/c27 February latest. 
So should be this week 🤞🏻

53 minutes ago, FlairsFlair said:

Long-term, occasional forum-lurker here, coming out of the wings and entering stage left for better or worse! 😄👋

My sense is that the Summer Intensives are dealt with completely separately to the main school so would have thought the number of staff on panel at finals over the weekend wouldn't have an impact on the intensive selection process? 🤔 I suppose if it's at the Admin (emailing results) stage, the office staff might have been a bit busy though 🙈

Hell @FlairsFlair and welcome out of the lurking shadows!

50 minutes ago, JaneDance1904 said:

Does anyone know do they place all unsuccessful children on the wait list? 

There are definitely ‘no’s’. DD had them in years 6-9 before she started getting places/waitlisted in year 10. Heard of several ‘no’s’ last year too.

Edited by margarite
  • Like 1