RBS Summer Intensive 2023

Pointeperfect

DD would like to apply for RBS Summer but I get no further than the first personal details page before it asks for a confirmation login. The only one I have is from our Spring application but we were asked at the time whether we were applying for summer- which week/ boarding etc so is it just one application for both intensives or am I doing something wrong? DD had a yes for Spring so I don’t want to modify the application if it affects our Spring course bookings. We were hoping to update photos for summer too. Hopefully someone can help!

• Like 1

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if its the right thing to do but my dc applied for Spring and wanted to try summer (never gives up 🤣) so I applied using another email address as I also had a photo change too. I got confirmation etc.

Good luck to your DC with the application 🥰

• Jan McNulty changed the title to RBS Summer Intensive 2023
1 hour ago, Pointeperfect said:

Thanks @Tuliprose I’ve managed to apply-  it is the ‘modify registration’ button using the confirmation number from the Spring application, then clicking through to add Summer. I’ve received a confirmation too 😊

Fab! Hope ive not done the wrong thing applying with a diff email address 🙈

On 11/01/2023 at 20:05, Pointeperfect said:

Thanks @Tuliprose I’ve managed to apply-  it is the ‘modify registration’ button using the confirmation number from the Spring application, then clicking through to add Summer. I’ve received a confirmation too 😊

I can’t locate this button, where is it? I only have the option to view our spring registration, I can’t amend it? If I start another registration it says I’ve already registered…

DD would like to apply for RBS Summer Intensive Upper School, and we are new to this process. She has taken photos in soft shoes and pointe shoes. Should she submit positions 1, 2, and 3 in flat shoes and only position 4 in pointe shoes? Or should all photos be in pointe shoes? Also, should the standing foot in position 3 (first arabesque) be flat or en pointe? Thank you for any clarification you can provide!

Hi. We live in the US and my daughter is dreaming of going to RBS this summer. But the response comes back so late (late Feb I believe), all of the deadlines for US summer programs will have passed by then. I guess some people commit to other programs and then forfeit the downpayment if accepted to RBS but that's not really an option for us. Wondered if there was any other advice anyone had? It seems impossible that she'd ever be able to attend otherwise. Last year she did do two weeks at covent garden because she was able to tack on the 2 week program at the end of her US intensive, but this year she wanted to attend the 5 weeks. so it would be taking a huge gamble to turn down other offers and wait and see.....I guess many other European programs are similar on timing. Paris I believe also is answer in March.....

• Like 1

When my DD attended RBS upper school in the summer, she just decided to take the risk of only applying to programs overseas (I am also in the US). You may want to consider the same course of action if RBS is the dream. That way if she doesn’t get accepted, she may still be accepted to a program in Europe that also has a later notification date for results. Getting out of the US was the best experience for her and she now attends school full-time overseas.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, MissEmily said:

I think it’s more likely to be next week, but I’d be delighted to be proved wrong!

If going by last year it’s today or next week. Still a couple of hours left so cross fingers!! If not I wouldn’t be thinking about it until next Thursday 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AllAboutTheJourney said:

To be honest I think the week after next even but likewise - I hope I'm wrong! Next week is half term and I'm not sure if that will have any bearing on it.

Keen to know so that I can book a holiday if DC2 doesn't get a place (every cloud and all that!) 

I doubt two weeks today as that will be quite late but who knows! It’s a pain waiting when you want to plan other things.