RBS Summer Intensive 2023

Pointeperfect

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, RubyM said:

I've heard that all of those in WL finals automatically get places for the SI. 

That wasn't the case last year either - I'm not sure if it ever has been but others may know more. 

If you do receive a White Lodge offer, though, then I understand you are generally invited to SI too, even if you haven't applied for it or if you had received a wait list place.  

Just now, JaneDance1904 said:

Just out of interest how come many get chosen for a second/third time and others never get the opportunity? Would it not be fair for them to chose different children each year? 

I think the problem lies in the words "fair" and "ballet" in the same sentence.  (Other art forms can be substituted as appropriate!)

• Like 5

Guest JessDan167
6 minutes ago, Tuliprose said:

You probably have but have you checked spam? X

My email won’t accept junk 😯 I’ll have to try and work out how to see it thanks x 

36 minutes ago, Balletdoodah said:

Hi all. Does the SI offer an opportunity to audition, like some other schools abroad? LA offers this for instance https://www.festivalballet.org/international-summer-intensive-2023/

They used to ask if you are auditioning for the school in the summer intensive application. But they didn’t this year. Maybe if they really like a child they will ask them to audition/offer them a place. But I don’t know much about it. 

59 minutes ago, OnTheMove said:

They used to ask if you are auditioning for the school in the summer intensive application. But they didn’t this year. Maybe if they really like a child they will ask them to audition/offer them a place. But I don’t know much about it. 

Thank you. I meant for the RBS, it looks like there are still more auditions for 2023 entry , theyre not on the RBS site, but the link I posted has promise of places at school… so I wondered if they take also fromSI into the school.

1 hour ago, Tuliprose said:

Wonder how many applications they had this year... must have been alot as they delayed results comming out. Also wonder how many go on W/L 🤔

I have no idea how many applications they could have this year, but does anyone know anything about the previous years?

Hi, I’m new to this forum but wanted to join as my daughter got Yes to yellow week 3 (10-11). She is so excited and would be nice to know more about the programm/days (if anyone has attended before). Also, it would be nice to meet some other students e.g. the day before if possible.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Katryn said:

Hi I'm new to this forum,  my daughter got accepted for week 5, pink, boarding.  She's over the moon.  We are flying in from Malta, and she would be happy to get to know someone who is joining that week too.  Thank you

She will love it. White Lodge is a wonderful place.

• Like 1

My daughter has started asking soooo many questions so I thought I’d ask as they come so not to overload the chat. Those parents that have had children at SI before might be able to help! 

do they need a mobile phone? 

if so, how is that regulated? 

Dorms: how many per room? If the children know someone who is also boarding can you request for them to share a room? 

how many leotards should they bring? 

do they arrive on Sunday eve? Or is registration on Monday? 

Is there a performance/demonstration for parents at the end of the week? 

What sort of things do they do in their “free” time? 

other than deers, are there any other animals that roam in Richmond park to observe? (Random one!)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Thelittleswans said:

My daughter has started asking soooo many questions so I thought I’d ask as they come so not to overload the chat. Those parents that have had children at SI before might be able to help! 

do they need a mobile phone? 

if so, how is that regulated? 

Dorms: how many per room? If the children know someone who is also boarding can you request for them to share a room? 

how many leotards should they bring? 

do they arrive on Sunday eve? Or is registration on Monday? 

Is there a performance/demonstration for parents at the end of the week? 

What sort of things do they do in their “free” time? 

other than deers, are there any other animals that roam in Richmond park to observe? (Random one!)

Hi, congrats on your daughter getting a place. my daughter did it last year and had the best time of her life.

she took way too many leotards and skirts, I think 1 for each day is plenty, but I did make the mistake of not sending her with more non dance clothes as they all want to change in their free time.  

I was apprehensive about the mobile phone thing but ALL the kids had one and actually it was a good idea. My daughter FaceTimed me regularly, sent me loads of pictures and I felt more secure knowing she was happy. I believe all phones were taken away before bed. 

I do know someone who emailed in advanced asking for their child to be in a bed next to their friend , so I’ll be doing that this year. Also a child moved beds a couple of days in, so nothings set in stone, they obviously want happy kids. 

I think registration is Monday but I haven’t checked. 
there’s a demonstration on the last day for parents. Last year though only one parent was allowed in to watch, hopefully this year as it’s not covid, it’ll be 2. 

there are evening activities but also the kids just hung out and amused themselves. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mumof1 said:

Hi, congrats on your daughter getting a place. my daughter did it last year and had the best time of her life.

she took way too many leotards and skirts, I think 1 for each day is plenty, but I did make the mistake of not sending her with more non dance clothes as they all want to change in their free time.  

I was apprehensive about the mobile phone thing but ALL the kids had one and actually it was a good idea. My daughter FaceTimed me regularly, sent me loads of pictures and I felt more secure knowing she was happy. I believe all phones were taken away before bed. 

I do know someone who emailed in advanced asking for their child to be in a bed next to their friend , so I’ll be doing that this year. Also a child moved beds a couple of days in, so nothings set in stone, they obviously want happy kids. 

I think registration is Monday but I haven’t checked. 
there’s a demonstration on the last day for parents. Last year though only one parent was allowed in to watch, hopefully this year as it’s not covid, it’ll be 2. 

there are evening activities but also the kids just hung out and amused themselves. 

Hi there,

Can I ask how many children are in one group?

Do they send a list of what you MUST put in the child's luggage?

If your child sleeps there - is it still possible to see her in any way during the week, or you put her in on a Monday and see her next time on Saturday?

Were there many girls from other countries? Anybody who spoke only a little bit of English?

That's the case of my daughter - we didn't imagine a positive answer at all and financial boundaries were/are also huge to be able to afford the journey and my staying in London... So it was more like let's try to get in and if a miracle happens then we are happy with the result but can't accept it anyway so the victory itself is the YES to the application... but now, we see it differently and try to finance the whole journey. She has to enroll to an intensive English course now here in Budapest but we have so little time left. She never went to a school trip or anything without us so far, and now she has to be alone for 5-6 days without a common language... I am really scared but at the same time, want to fulfil her dream at any cost :)

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, lanczievamuzsa said:

Hi there,

Can I ask how many children are in one group?

Do they send a list of what you MUST put in the child's luggage?

If your child sleeps there - is it still possible to see her in any way during the week, or you put her in on a Monday and see her next time on Saturday?

Were there many girls from other countries? Anybody who spoke only a little bit of English?

That's the case of my daughter - we didn't imagine a positive answer at all and financial boundaries were/are also huge to be able to afford the journey and my staying in London... So it was more like let's try to get in and if a miracle happens then we are happy with the result but can't accept it anyway so the victory itself is the YES to the application... but now, we see it differently and try to finance the whole journey. She has to enroll to an intensive English course now here in Budapest but we have so little time left. She never went to a school trip or anything without us so far, and now she has to be alone for 5-6 days without a common language... I am really scared but at the same time, want to fulfil her dream at any cost :)

I’ve sent you a private message