RBS Summer Intensive 2023

Pointeperfect

3 minutes ago, Boys_can_dance said:

I agree. I was sent to the uk to stay with friends of my parents age 12 and little English ( could understand fair, speak little), and it was fine. I started talking after a week and haven’t stopped since, lol 😂 

I hope she will take it as a funny adventure... :) She understands her Russian teachers who speak in English with the students, she understands the words referring to movements and all (after all it is all in French :) but the time she will spend outside the classroom will be interesting :) She is very shy... but let's hope that she manages the situation and will be able to make friends even with this language barrier :)

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Children cope amazingly well learning to communicate. Have you access to ordinary tv programme/films in English? Watching can help a lot,  it is not formal tuition but just a way to "hear" the language and maybe improve understanding. There is often a language choice buried in sub menus.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pas de Quatre said:

Children cope amazingly well learning to communicate. Have you access to ordinary tv programme/films in English? Watching can help a lot,  it is not formal tuition but just a way to "hear" the language and maybe improve understanding. There is often a language choice buried in sub menus.

Yes, we are watching English films a lot with Hungarian subtitles. And it helps a great deal!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 19/01/2023 at 17:52, Medora said:

I can’t locate this button, where is it? I only have the option to view our spring registration, I can’t amend it? If I start another registration it says I’ve already registered…

Any ideas how you solved this? I'm having the same issue with the summer registration now. I can't seem to find a way to register this. I always receive the confirmation of the spring.