• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, oncnp said:

Who wanted the Ashton triple?   Listed as "Coming soon"

HURRAH! AT LAST!!!!!

Now all I have to do is rejoin the streaming service (but not until it's definitely there). Is there still a discount for Friends or was that just for the launch?

3 minutes ago, jmhopton said:

HURRAH! AT LAST!!!!!

Now all I have to do is rejoin the streaming service (but not until it's definitely there). Is there still a discount for Friends or was that just for the launch?

The website says there is. Mine is £6.99/month

1 minute ago, oncnp said:

The website says there is. Mine is £6.99/month

Thanks oncnp. That's good news.

Just done a quick search on the streaming site and the only 'coming soon' I could find was Scenes de Ballet with Vadim.  Have you definitely seen a reference to the entire triple or are they releasing them singly?

4 minutes ago, jmhopton said:

Thanks oncnp. That's good news.

Just done a quick search on the streaming site and the only 'coming soon' I could find was Scenes de Ballet with Vadim.  Have you definitely seen a reference to the entire triple or are they releasing them singly?

If you click the arrow to the right of the screen it slides to "Month" and again "Rhapsody". They are all marked "Coming soon" although does not say if all the "soons" are simultaneous. 

image.png.ae360356fed03d9cf7b4d0f8b811a039.png

Edited by oncnp

I notice now when you click on the streaming link on the ROH website you get a lovely photo of Marianela in Month in the Country. Hopefully not long now though I still think they should have filmed the Morera/Muntagirov Month. Their performances were breathtaking and we'll never get them again.

• Like 6

I’ve been able to see the Ashton triple for about a week, now on my TV courtesy of my Amazon fire stick. The new interview series features so far, Alexander Campbell and Akane Takada. However, I was only able to play the Akane interview.  Nothing happened when I clicked on Alexander Campbell, so no doubt he is still “coming soon.”  However, the interview with Akane is very nice and there are some lovely excerpts from ballets and rehearsals that she has featured in and show what a beautiful dancer she is.

• Like 1

Does anybody find that certain streams seem play unevenly? On my PC the new streams are fine but through the app on Amazon Firestick they are very jerky. It could be my connection but other ROH streams are fine.

29 minutes ago, MJW said:

Does anybody find that certain streams seem play unevenly? On my PC the new streams are fine but through the app on Amazon Firestick they are very jerky. It could be my connection but other ROH streams are fine.

I watched on my MacBook and it was perfect. I do have the ROH App on Apple TV, so will watch on my TV through that and have a look later. 

Edit:  When I do watch on my TV I have not had a problem so far. 

Edited by Linnzi5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MJW said:

No problems with the stream on my TV today. I haven't watched everything on there though since I paid for the stream- all of the ballet but not all the opera.

Edited by Linnzi5

15 hours ago, Nina99 said:

I’ve been able to see the Ashton triple for about a week, now on my TV courtesy of my Amazon fire stick. The new interview series features so far, Alexander Campbell and Akane Takada. However, I was only able to play the Akane interview.  Nothing happened when I clicked on Alexander Campbell, so no doubt he is still “coming soon.”  However, the interview with Akane is very nice and there are some lovely excerpts from ballets and rehearsals that she has featured in and show what a beautiful dancer she is.

Akane's interview is still just showing "coming soon" when I log in.....is it only available on certain devices, or something??

6 hours ago, Richard LH said:

Akane's interview is still just showing "coming soon" when I log in.....is it only available on certain devices, or something??

I have tried to access Akane's and Alex Campbell's spotlight interviews on my TV app,  Apple TV app and on my MacBook through ROH streaming site directly. I am unable to as they are unavailable and are 'coming soon'. I am a little confused as to how some people can access them? I don't have an Amazon Firestick but I'd be interested to know if others can access them via this means? 

Edited by Linnzi5
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Linnzi5 said:

I have tried to access Akane's and Alex Campbell's spotlight interviews on my TV app,  Apple TV app and on my MacBook through ROH streaming site directly. I am unable to as they are unavailable and are 'coming soon'. I am a little confused as to how some people can access them? I don't have an Amazon Firestick but I'd be interested to know if others can access them via this means? 

I think it's only available to certain people at this point. Perhaps Patrons have earlier access?

18 minutes ago, oncnp said:

I think it's only available to certain people at this point. Perhaps Patrons have earlier access?

Interesting. I didn't realise content was released according to Friends' subscriptions. Thanks for the info. :) 

11 minutes ago, Linnzi5 said:

Interesting. I didn't realise content was released according to Friends' subscriptions. Thanks for the info. :) 

That's supposition on my part, meaning it does not appear to be device based.

Could also be Beta testers although I've never found the ROH big on testing.

Edited by oncnp

On 17/08/2023 at 20:08, MJW said:

Regarding picture quality of certain streams, back in January I complained about Coppelia which seemed shockingly jerky when played through the Firestick.  I got this answer from the box office

"Coppelia is filmed in 4k rather than standard HD.  It is data heavy; therefore, some browsers may struggle to play this volume of data.  

May I suggest trying a lower quality setting.  You can do this by loading the video and going to the 'settings' cog in the bottom right of the screen and then adjust video or audio quality."

This may apply to the Ashton triple as well.   I have found that lowering the video setting does seems to get rid of the jerkiness but it also lowers the quality of the picture which becomes a bit pixilated as well.  However doing this certainly improves the picture for Coppelia although it is still not as good as that on most of the other streams which are mostly excellent when played on the best quality and without any jerkiness.

It'll be a bit of a bore having to change video setting according to what I'm watching.  

Edited by Nina99
  • Like 2

ROH announced on their social media today that the [very long awaited] Ashton Scenes de ballet/Month in the Country/Rhapsody  triple bill is [finally] on the streaming service.  Is it working? (for all who are already subscribing). 

Edited by Emeralds

45 minutes ago, Emeralds said:

ROH announced on their social media today that the [very long awaited] Ashton Scenes de ballet/Month in the Country/Rhapsody  triple bill is [finally] on the streaming service.  Is it working? (for all who are already subscribing). 

Yes. It's working. I got an email Thursday from ROH telling me it was on the stream - though it appears some subscribers got to see it earlier. I watched it all Thursday afternoon - it was all lovely and the quality of the streaming was great for me. I watched a Month in the Country again yesterday and it was still lovely. One of the things I really loved but perhaps didn't notice at the performance I went to, was how wonderful Kate Shipway's performance was - so beautiful! 

Edited by Linnzi5
  • Like 5

With regard to the filmed cast of Month, it should perhaps be remembered that Morera was originally cast for only one (matinee) performance but replaced Cuthbertson in the other two and then had Muntagirov as her partner for all three shows 😊😊

To those of us who had seen the M & M pairing in Fille, it was obvious that they would be special together in Month.
But let’s not forget that many others, apart from KOH, would have had a say about the filming for the three works on the Bill In combination. Sadly, Morera’s inevitably soon departure was not uppermost in their minds.

• Like 4

I signed up for my free trial to watch the Ashton triple, and assumed I would be able to cast from my phone to the TV, as I’ve always been able to do so with the ROH streams they put up during lockdown. I use Google Chromecast. But no. The Apple platform they use doesn’t support that.

There are lots of other options but as far as I can tell they are a) buy a new smart TV, one with the specific capability of playing the streams; b) subscribe to Apple TV (the only way, it seems, that you can use Chromecast) AND buy a new Chromecast stick because my old one isn’t supported, apparently; or c) buy an Amazon Firestick. All of these options are of course a substantial additional cost on top of a subscription to the stream.

I had to watch on my phone (deeply unsatisfying when I had expected to watch it on a larger screen). I was considering subscribing but that won’t now be happening, I’m afraid.

I feel your pain, I couldn’t access it on my old Firestick and got fed up watching it on a tiny iPad screen so ended up buying a new Firestick, which was an unnecessary expense, especially as I don’t need to use the Firestick for anything else.  I then cancelled my subscription anyway!  I’ll resubscribe briefly to see the Ashton triple, so at least the Firestick will get some use.

• Like 1

Have been loving the Ashton triple. Such a wonderful treat. Watched Month in the Country (again!) with my husband tonight and marvelled at the intricate footwork of Anna Rose O'Sullivan in her solo. It seemed absolutely killing but she made it look so easy. I bet all Vera's have a genuine collapse into the armchair after it though the audience didnt seem to applaud which was unusual. The filming seemed good, though I thought they possibly took the camera off Marianela a second before she found the lost keys. The acting and dancing from everyone was just so good; you just became absorbed in the story and didn't want it to end. Terry said after seeing such amazing choreography and storytelling, traditional classical ballets seemed rather dated by comparison and I could see what he meant. The genius of Frederick Ashton!

• Like 5