Guest oncnp

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, jmhopton said:

Never mind Wayne Mcgregor. STILL no sign of the Ashton triple!

I suspect they are promoting the site by adding the McGregor works with his new work the 'homage' to the ballet's set designer  / artist  the late Carmen Herrera coming up this week, 'Untitled 2023'.  Marketing. 😉

I now have my suspicions that the Ashton won't appear until next year and the 'Ashton Festival' and Sarasota Ballet at the Linbury!  If indeed it ever appears. 😏

1 hour ago, jmhopton said:

Never mind Wayne Mcgregor. STILL no sign of the Ashton triple!

Yes! Very annoying. I really want to see the Ashton and hoped it would be this month!  Also, Swan Lake and at some point Nutcracker, please ROH! 

Guest oncnp
14 minutes ago, Linnzi5 said:

Yes! Very annoying. I really want to see the Ashton and hoped it would be this month!  Also, Swan Lake and at some point Nutcracker, please ROH! 

There is "a" Swan Lake on the site but perhaps not the one you want? 

9 hours ago, oncnp said:

There is "a" Swan Lake on the site but perhaps not the one you want? 

Indeed. I have seen all the other versions available on dvd or live (and the Nunez/Muntagirov one I have watched both live and seen many times). I am waiting for the Cuthbertson/Bracewell version from May 19th last year. I keep hoping it will be added!

• Like 2

I messaged the ROH yesterday as I am super keen to see Cinderella. I missed it in the cinemas and despite (annoyingly) being advertised still over Facebook, I can’t now see it live either.

They replied to say they “couldn’t say” when or if it would be shown.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sunflower said:

I messaged the ROH yesterday as I am super keen to see Cinderella. I missed it in the cinemas and despite (annoyingly) being advertised still over Facebook, I can’t now see it live either.

That's a shame. I have been told similar things before. 

• 2 weeks later...

On the ROH stream website you can see a new series (not yet available) exclusive to ROH stream called: Spotlight on, which will feature interviews of Steven McRae, Akane Takada, Alexander Campbell, Laura Morera, Vadim Muntagirov and Sarah Lamb. Some of these interviews say coming soon,  but some of them say the will be released through June to August. Sounds like an interesting series!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Guest oncnp

So far....

• AKANE TAKADA - 29 JUNE 2023 12.00PM
  • ALEXANDER CAMPBELL - 13 JULY 2023 12.00PM
  • LAURA MORERA - 27 JULY 2023 12.00PM
  • VADIM MUNTAGIROV - 10 AUGUST 2023 12.00PM
  • SARAH LAMB - 24 AUGUST 2023 12.00PM

Edited by oncnp

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/06/2023 at 09:29, Benjamin said:

On the ROH stream website you can see a new series (not yet available) exclusive to ROH stream called: Spotlight on, which will feature interviews of Steven McRae, Akane Takada, Alexander Campbell, Laura Morera, Vadim Muntagirov and Sarah Lamb. Some of these interviews say coming soon,  but some of them say the will be released through June to August. Sounds like an interesting series!

On 16/06/2023 at 09:39, oncnp said:

So far....

• AKANE TAKADA - 29 JUNE 2023 12.00PM
  • ALEXANDER CAMPBELL - 13 JULY 2023 12.00PM
  • LAURA MORERA - 27 JULY 2023 12.00PM
  • VADIM MUNTAGIROV - 10 AUGUST 2023 12.00PM
  • SARAH LAMB - 24 AUGUST 2023 12.00PM

Hi @Benjaminand @oncnp ...I was wondering where this information was posted? Presumably the Takada interview should be available  by now but I can't see any link or reference to it on the (hopelessly organised) ROH stream pages. Has anyone seen it?

I DO see a reference and a potential link resulting  from  a Search for "Akane Takada" on the main website, but that link (along with many other links  for her and for other dancers) is just giving me the dreaded  "Technical error (error 500)" at the moment. 

On 04/07/2023 at 14:54, oncnp said:

"Coming soon" 

• GISELLE (2014) - Osipova/Acosta

• Behind the Scenes - The Romance of Giselle

Still no Ashton triple! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Richard LH said:

Hi @Benjaminand @oncnp ...I was wondering where this information was posted? Presumably the Takada interview should be available  by now but I can't see any link or reference to it on the (hopelessly organised) ROH stream pages. Has anyone seen it?

I DO see a reference and a potential link resulting  from  a Search for "Akane Takada" on the main website, but that link (along with many other links  for her and for other dancers) is just giving me the dreaded  "Technical error (error 500)" at the moment. 

I was ready to answer this question but I looked it up and it came up with technical error, so I would wait a bit and hopefully they should be available. A few months ago when I first saw this they had a whole page on the Roh stream website for it.

• Thanks 1

Guest oncnp
18 hours ago, Richard LH said:

I e-mailed them yesterday but haven't heard back. 'Will let you know what the excuse is this time,,,,,,

Guest oncnp
20 hours ago, Richard LH said:

omg...despite checking the ROH Stream box when submitting the question and "ROH Stream: Royal Ballet Interviews" in the header of the reply from the box office, this is what they said

I'm afraid I cannot see any information on the event you say was happening on the 29th of June just gone.
Could I ask where you saw the information or were they called Insight events?
Edited by oncnp

Guest oncnp
20 hours ago, Richard LH said:

The final answer was they have no idea 

The Behind-the-Scenes events on the streaming site will be added when available. 
There will be some added over the coming months. 
If you are signed up to the streaming you will receive email notifications of any new titles added.

14 hours ago, Ian Macmillan said:

Notwithstanding all of the above, there's this, seemingly just announced:

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2023/jul/06/royal-opera-house-archive-streaming-service

Interesting. Thanks for this. I am still waiting for the vast amount of previously unseen ballets to actually be available on the streaming service! So far, none of what I am desperate to see has been added . . .

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Ian Macmillan said:

Notwithstanding all of the above, there's this, seemingly just announced:

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2023/jul/06/royal-opera-house-archive-streaming-service

Is this something different from the already existing streaming subscription service? (Genuine question - I don't subscribe so don't know.)

It slightly irritates me when it says that prices are significantly lower than seeing the performances live. Of course they are! (And it's in no way equivalent to seeing the performances live.) And if this is a way of justifying ever higher prices for actually seeing performances live then it's doubly annoying.

• Like 7

Guest oncnp
48 minutes ago, bridiem said:

Is this something different from the already existing streaming subscription service? (Genuine question - I don't subscribe so don't know.)

It slightly irritates me when it says that prices are significantly lower than seeing the performances live. Of course they are! (And it's in no way equivalent to seeing the performances live.) And if this is a way of justifying ever higher prices for actually seeing performances live then it's doubly annoying.

As I read it they are upgrading their technology, not the people running it. So no, no difference. 

Edited by oncnp

10 hours ago, FionaE said:

Internet of Things?  Enabling live broadcast from studios?  Isn’t that just a webcam? 

to be more serious … I’m pleased if they are upgrading their technology for internal and external use.  

For dancers it must be very valuable to be able to see rehearsal footage if they have clashes for instance or are late replacements, plus also the value of learning a role from a particular coach.  To hear their thoughts more than once. To review their own movements.  

👍 

On 06/06/2023 at 15:24, Sunflower said:

If they did, it would likely be the cinema stream which I don’t think was great. The lighting didn’t really work for the big screen, especially for the ball in act 2. Some naughty person managed to pop the livestream up on YouTube for a couple of weeks until ROH managed to get it removed and some parts looked equally bad on the small screen.
Having said that, there must be some relatively recent versions they could get hold of but I’m guessing rights wise they would need permission from the ballet’s owner and reading between the lines, especially given it’s been so hard to get Cinderella back on stage at ROH, I’m speculating that there are some considerable barriers to this. Personally, access to different Cinderellas would probably get me giving subscription a try 

As an aside, films from livestreams need a lot of editing work anyway before they are fit for dvd or ROH stream and can be approx a year in the making. 

Guest oncnp
21 minutes ago, Blossom said:

. Personally, access to different Cinderellas would probably get me giving subscription a try

The BRB version is on Vimeo for free. Quality not great but a nice production

Edited by oncnp

Thank you @Blossom that is really fascinating as I’d not understood that aspect of editing at all from the screen. I naively thought it would be in instant job!

@oncnp is that the David Bintley version? If so that is what I am going to try and find when I get home later 🙌🏻 Thank you! 

1 hour ago, oncnp said:

The BRB version is on Vimeo for free. Quality not great but a nice production

It is quite a nice production and have viewed it. Much prefer Bintley’s choreography to Wheeldon’s. My desire though is to be a complete ballet geek and watch different productions of the Ashton ballet over time! I would love to see the version which must have been recorded with Alina C as Cinderella based on the clips available online.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1