New ROH Streaming Service

Guest oncnp

Just now, Linnzi5 said:

I have seen it on there before. Did they withdraw it and have put it up again? They did that with LWFC!

Yes. They do seem to rotate productions

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Something new....

The Royal Ballet: Live in Class (roh.org.uk)

This live stream will begin at 10.30am (GMT) and finish at 11.45am (GMT). The footage will be available for three months exclusively for subscribers to Royal Opera House Stream.

THE ROYAL BALLET: LIVE IN CLASS

18 DECEMBER 2023 5.30AM
From The Royal Ballet studios to wherever you are – watch our dancers prepare for the day with a livestream of their morning class.
Edited by oncnp

On 15/12/2023 at 00:22, oncnp said:

Something new....

The Royal Ballet: Live in Class (roh.org.uk)

This live stream will begin at 10.30am (GMT) and finish at 11.45am (GMT). The footage will be available for three months exclusively for subscribers to Royal Opera House Stream.

THE ROYAL BALLET: LIVE IN CLASS

18 DECEMBER 2023 5.30AM
From The Royal Ballet studios to wherever you are – watch our dancers prepare for the day with a livestream of their morning class.

Interesting...I wonder if this becomes a regular thing. 

13 minutes ago, Richard LH said:

Always interesting to watch Class.....not many dancers attended this morning, but I did spot new "signing" Grace Reid. All the best to her as she settles in at the RB.

Isabella Gasparini has written in a blog that Grace Reid and Poppy Frankel are on short term contracts just as she, Isabella, was many years ago.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 17/12/2023 at 05:30, MJW said:

Interesting...I wonder if this becomes a regular thing. 

I sent an enthusiastic e-mail to customer services (they probably had apoplexy) after the stream and received this response. So perhaps they will do more

We were so happy with the event! Your kind words have already been shared around the house.

6 hours ago, oncnp said:

I sent an enthusiastic e-mail to customer services (they probably had apoplexy) after the stream and received this response. So perhaps they will do more

We were so happy with the event! Your kind words have already been shared around the house.

That’s good news - nice that your comments have been appreciated 

1 hour ago, Blossom said:

So pleased Coppelia has been added! Have been waiting since I joined.

Looking forward to another Swan Lake cast!

Yes. Good news indeed - I'm looking forward to seeing Coppelia. I may have been waiting for that particular Swan Lake for quite a while now!!! 

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Blossom said:

Can anyone advise what is available to watch outside of the UK, specifically US? I am travelling in April (missing most of Swan Lake) and have a bit of dead time to fill…

I don't know where you are travelling to Blossom but, from doing links, there are companies all over the US so you may be able to catch some live performances too.

1 hour ago, Jan McNulty said:

I don't know where you are travelling to Blossom but, from doing links, there are companies all over the US so you may be able to catch some live performances too.

Unfortunately it seems to be 'Spring break' for most of the local companies while I am there.

If your question is about what is available to watch on the ROH stream when watching from the US, it appears to be the same as what you see in the UK. I am not aware of any of the US ballet companies having launched anything remotely like the ROH or POB streaming services, so I turn to Europe to get all my streaming content! 

• Like 1

On 10/01/2024 at 17:42, Ginny said:

If your question is about what is available to watch on the ROH stream when watching from the US, it appears to be the same as what you see in the UK. I am not aware of any of the US ballet companies having launched anything remotely like the ROH or POB streaming services, so I turn to Europe to get all my streaming content! 

Thank you, this is extremely helpful!

Guest oncnp
10 minutes ago, Nina99 said:

Well that’s all very well, but I couldn’t find it either on my tablet or on my TV using my Amazon fire stick. It’s not even in the ‘coming soon’ section.

It is well buried. I saw the ROH IG and found it under the "A-Z",  which is where I find most of the new ballet. 

image.png.d2e58ae1681bd7e5938e827606c62791.png

Edited by oncnp

I don’t know who designed the streaming service but finding anything on there is a pain. If you filter to ‘Ballet and Dance’ it doesn’t seem to pick up a lot of stuff that is actually on there. I tend to stick with ‘All

performances’ but the way it is sectioned means you have to hunt around even then. And why on earth is there no ‘Search’ facility?? Every other tv app has one.

Anyway, I will have a go tonight at looking for the Vadim Spotlight - wish me luck!!

• Like 2

Well it’s appeared now on the ROH TV app at least. I found it under New this Month.

I agree that the streaming service is rather poorly designed And it is difficult to find anything.  However, at least the quality has improved. Previously I found the Coppelia was fairly unwatchable because of the poor picture but it is now much improved. Hopefully it is like that for other performances.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oncnp said:

as no one else has mentioned it...

New "Spotlight On..."   Spotlight on... Vadim Muntagirov (roh.org.uk)

This hasn't come up on my streaming account. Thank you for drawing this to my attention. I find it hard to navigate the site and find what I'm looking for, so I shouldn't be surprised I hadn't seen this. :)  

• Like 1

On 12/01/2024 at 12:37, Balletfanp said:

And why on earth is there no ‘Search’ facility?? Every other tv app has one.

I hope this helps:

click on 'Stream'

click on 'A-Z' and you arrive at a Search function.

BROWSE PERFORMANCES AND EVENTS

Scroll, search or filter our catalogue of performances and Insight events. You can search by performance title or a description of the work.

FILTER
All performances
Opera and music
Ballet and dance
Insight events
Edited by PeterS
  • Thanks 2

Thanks @PeterS - that works if I access the stream on my phone, say. But the TV app (and I’d far sooner watch things on a big screen) has no A-Z option, and the filtering of what is there is clunky. And as I said, filtering by Ballet and Dance seems to miss stuff that is definitely on there on the Home Screen. So I end up on the Home Screen going around in circles trying to find what I’m looking for at the time.

• 3 weeks later...