ENB Casting - Nutcracker 2021 and Raymonda

19 minutes ago, RHowarth said:

The same thing has just happened to me - for the Friday matinee which I had already heard through this forum had become a schools' matinee. I've emailed to request a refund as a opposed to a credit note. 

Which performance had you booked?

Mine was the evening performance on the Thursday 20th which is seemingly still going ahead (?). So not sure what is going on. 

what email did you use to contact them, I would also like to request a refund. 

thanks 

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, JNC said:

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else - I’m very confused as by all accounts the performance is still happening (and as an aside quite annoyed at TodayTix as they have only provided a credit voucher rather than a refund, I think if they are the ones that cancel it I’m entitled to a refund, unlike if I had decided not to go?). 

I was very angry with TodayTix when - at the beginning of the pandemic in the UK (March 2020) - I had some West End tickets with them for performances that were cancelled.  They ONLY gave the option of vouchers.  I wrote but NEVER had a reply.  The vouchers have now expired.  I so wish my hard earned cash had done so when I made those original bookings in good faith.  I really began to question the validity of this organisation.  As far as I am aware they are not a registered charity.  That's all I have to say on the matter.  

I contacted TodayTix via their online contact form and have been told I will receive a refund so that’s sorted. 

But is this there any explanation for why they have seemingly cancelled their performances with today tix (even though you can still buy tickets with them?). 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bruce Wall said:

I was very angry with TodayTix when - at the beginning of the pandemic in the UK (March 2020) - I had some West End tickets with them for performances that were cancelled.  They ONLY gave the option of vouchers.  I wrote but NEVER had a reply.  The vouchers have now expired.  I so wish my hard earned cash had done so when I made those original bookings in good faith.  I really began to question the validity of this organisation.  As far as I am aware they are not a registered charity.  That's all I have to say on the matter.  

Bruce you may find that the expiry date has been extended due to the ongoing pandemic. I was able to recently use my voucher which had an original expiry date now long gone. 

Edited by prs59
  • Like 3

Would be good to know what is happening with Raymonda as I have a ticket for 21st Jan, through From the Box Office.  I m just waiting to see if any more restrictions are brought in this week before I decide on what to do for events I have planned in London in January.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Don Q Fan said:

Would be good to know what is happening with Raymonda as I have a ticket for 21st Jan, through From the Box Office.  I m just waiting to see if any more restrictions are brought in this week before I decide on what to do for events I have planned in London in January.

Same, it's quite confusing right now. Will From the Box Office provide refunds if the performance is cancelled? Or is it better to book from the venue website? I'm not sure

1 hour ago, art_enthusiast said:

Same, it's quite confusing right now. Will From the Box Office provide refunds if the performance is cancelled? Or is it better to book from the venue website? I'm not sure

I booked tickets via the fromtheboxoffice website and they have been in touch about refunds for the performances which have already been cancelled.

• Thanks 1

Hoping will finalise the casting for Sunday 23rd soon as have just checked and it appears the trains up to London are normal that weekend. 
If Beryl H reading this the 22/23 rd is showing normal timetable for those days (previous weekend you had commented was not so good) so don’t know whether that would make any difference to your planning ...given we will all be able to go to theatre at all by then given the free for all up to New Year ....🙄

I’m still toying with the 21st too but just want to see who is dancing Raymonda on 23rd first as a matinee day trip if trains okay is great though Frola is the 21st pull. 
Of course nothing is guaranteed with either dancers or trains at the moment as Omicron still doing the rounds 😢

I think it is a legal requirement that tickets are refunded if the venue cancels, I've got the 13th, 20th and 21st evenings.

Unfortunately the train timetable information isn't finalised until 8 days before, so it always looks good further ahead, they always advise to check nearer the date!  The late evening trains are always the worst affected too 🙂

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, art_enthusiast said:

Is it more likely that later performances will go ahead and ones on earlier dates might not? Due to potential restrictions

It would seem that the situation is very fluid in England so who on earth can guess the answer to this question.

I feel so sad for companies that are losing performances right across the country at the moment and I have to admit to being glad that I was keeping a watching brief so hadn't actually booked any performances that required real travel at the moment.

Although if everyone feels like me and doesn't make bookings it doesn't really help the companies by showing good faith.  I've got to admit to being glad that NB managed to complete their Autumn/Winter tour and that BRB completed their Birmingham run of Nutcracker before omicron started to decimate casts.  I feel very sad for ENB, RB & SB who have not only lost performances but must be living on a knife edge for upcoming ones too.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jan McNulty said:

and I have to admit to being glad that I was keeping a watching brief so hadn't actually booked any performances that required real travel at the moment.

I don't know how widely this applies (and please, everyone check terms and conditions before buying!), but the advance fare train tickets that I have in hand are - unusually! - refundable with a voucher up to 6pm the day before travel. This policy is in place for tickets bought from GWR up the end of March. I don't know if this is available from other train companies but it seems likely.

Details here: https://www.gwr.com/help-and-support/changing-your-ticket

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had a look on New Year's Day at the Raymonda ticket position on the Coliseum website.

On 17 December they had sold or reserved an estimated 10,460 tickets against an estimated capacity of 32,522 across 14 performances.  This represented sales at 32% of capacity.

Since then they have cancelled 4 performances, which would have prompted a refund in respect of 2,504 of the tickets sold on 17 December.

As of 1 January, they had sold or reserved an estimated 9,251 tickets against an estimated capacity of 23,230 across 10 performances.  This represents sales at 40% of capacity.

23 minutes ago, li tai po said:

I had a look on New Year's Day at the Raymonda ticket position on the Coliseum website.

On 17 December they had sold or reserved an estimated 10,460 tickets against an estimated capacity of 32,522 across 14 performances.  This represented sales at 32% of capacity.

Since then they have cancelled 4 performances, which would have prompted a refund in respect of 2,504 of the tickets sold on 17 December.

As of 1 January, they had sold or reserved an estimated 9,251 tickets against an estimated capacity of 23,230 across 10 performances.  This represents sales at 40% of capacity.

Perhaps it also represents people's nervousness about attending public events due to the prevalence of omicron.  I was looking at the Zoe app today which frightened the life out of me the way the numbers seem to be increasing exponentially in my area.

I really wanted to see this new production but have decided against it as I do not want to travel to London at the moment (due to the length of the train journey).

• Like 1

I’m STILL waiting for Sunday 23rd casting to go up before I decide between that day or the 21st!!  It’s just the Raymonda role not cast yet and a bit of a puzzle unless intended dancers have been off with Covid so not able to rehearse so why not finalised who is doing it by now.   I might go for the 23rd if Kochetkova is dancing it.  

I’m hoping by the latter end of January cases will be receding again as this Omicron ( Crony  Omi I call it) hit London first before rest of country but can understand not wanting to travel long distance on trains at the moment as if any are cancelled ( highly likely) it means other trains then get more crowded or you might not make it on time etc etc. 
Cases still about the same in Brighton ...very high!!! 

Was looking up the dancer Fernando Carratala Coloma this morning and came across an article written today by Lyndsey Winship in the Guardian writing about the new ballet Raymonda. 
Apart from it being an interesting article there is a rather nice picture accompanying it of Carratala Coloma dancing with Kochetkova!! 
So am hoping that this will be the casting for the at moment TBA casts ...so will be dancing ...Covid permitting ...on 23rd. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bridiem said:

ENB Twitter: Nutcracker casting update: In this evening's performance at the London Coliseum, Katja Khaniukova replaces Emma Hawes as Clara & Erik Woolhouse replaces Junor Souza as the Nutcracker. Please see our website for most up-to-date daily casting: http://ballet.org.uk/nutcracker

Ooooh! The lucky evening audience will have the cast which wowed me earlier in the run.

• Like 2

The embargo has just been lifted on the revised schedule and casting information for Raymonda! The list below is in the order: Raymonda, John, Abdur.

Tuesday 18th Jan. eve: Kase, Hernandez, Cirio

Wednesday 19th Jan eve: Takahashi, Caley, McCormick

Thursday 20th Jan eve: Oliviera, Frola, Woolhouse

Friday 21st Jan eve: Hawes, Arrieta, Carratala Coloma

Saturday 22nd Jan mat: Takahashi, Caley, McCormick

Saturday 22nd Jan eve: Kase, Hernandez, Cirio

Sunday 23rd Jan mat: Oliviera, Frola, Woolhouse

• Thanks 4

I'm now throwing things at my computer because the cast I booked to see on 21st has moved to 20th! I suppose that means I've wasted £40 worth of ticket as I'll have to re-book for 20th. Even more annoying for those who wanted to book for dancers who are no longer dancing at all.

10 minutes ago, Dawnstar said:

I'm now throwing things at my computer because the cast I booked to see on 21st has moved to 20th! I suppose that means I've wasted £40 worth of ticket as I'll have to re-book for 20th. Even more annoying for those who wanted to book for dancers who are no longer dancing at all.

Unfortunately we have to expect cast changes even more than usual because of omicron.  I just hope that the company is able to do these performances.  At least there is more than one, which was all we saw of NB's Geisha before the pandemic closed theatres in March 2020.