Royal Opera House "Winter" booking period

23 minutes ago, bridiem said:

These insights are listed in the ROH Spring 2022 magazine - I received mine a few days ago but maybe yours has been delayed? I can't remember now when Like Water for Chocolate opens but I was a bit surprised to see all these Insights but no performance dates. I find the ROH booking periods baffling.

ah, my bad. I haven’t had the chance to look at the magazine yet.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, bridiem said:

I can't remember now when Like Water for Chocolate opens but I was a bit surprised to see all these Insights but no performance dates. I find the ROH booking periods baffling.

It opens in June - it is on the ROH website (inc booking dates) and has been for ages. I know this because there is a double header on Saturday 4th, which clashes with Derby Day

Agree about the booking periods! Though in this case it may just be a case that they didn't know what they intended to do about Insights for this production, until now. Mind you, 3 insights, all just over an hour, at £20 a pop - smacks of milking the punters rather!

• Like 4

Not sure this is the right thread, but just as a heads up for those wondering about the seat views - was looking for tickets this morning (for Tosca, but tried for Swan Lake & get the same result) & I now get the option to ‘pay using the new checkout’. 

When I selected ‘yes’ to go ahead with that, it took me to a new seating plan which honestly hurts my brain a little (maybe it’s better on a laptop/computer - I’m on mobile). The upside is that the seat view preview is back when you select a seat. 

Not sure if this is just random, for now, as it does say feedback/suggestions are requested after checkout… 

• Like 3

I think you have given me a clue to the difficulties I am having with Signing In and trying to buy tickets Lenore, I have just E-mailed the Box Office in desparation. I noticed that after clicking "Buy Tickets" it says New Checkout Service, then 3 flashing circles appear on my screen, that's as far as I get! It didn't ask me if I want to use it or  not. I managed to learn how to copy and paste this afternoon to try to re-set my password from the E-mail they sent me so that's something, it didn't work though!

6 hours ago, Lenore said:

Not sure this is the right thread, but just as a heads up for those wondering about the seat views - was looking for tickets this morning (for Tosca, but tried for Swan Lake & get the same result) & I now get the option to ‘pay using the new checkout’. 

When I selected ‘yes’ to go ahead with that, it took me to a new seating plan which honestly hurts my brain a little (maybe it’s better on a laptop/computer - I’m on mobile). The upside is that the seat view preview is back when you select a seat. 

Not sure if this is just random, for now, as it does say feedback/suggestions are requested after checkout… 

Interesting, I didn't see this option when using the site today

• 1 month later...

sorry if this is the wrong place - Mods please move as appropriate

With the possible Tube strike on March 1 (opening night Swan Lake) and the 3rd (Osipova/Clarke) does anyone have advice on how best to get from ROH back to Earls Court area aside from the bus?  I'm thinking taxi's will be hard to get. Is there a car service anyone can recommend?

Thanks!

Edited by oncnp

3 hours ago, oncnp said:

sorry if this is the wrong place - Mods please move as appropriate

With the possible Tube strike on March 1 (opening night Swan Lake) and the 3rd (Osipova/Clarke) does anyone have advice on how best to get from ROH back to Earls Court area aside from the bus?  I'm thinking taxi's will be hard to get. Is there a car service anyone can recommend?

Thanks!

You could try booking with Addison Lee.

Unless you book one, taxis are actually thin on the ground in the Covent Garden area now that there are quite a few traffic restrictions. However, if you walk down towards Waterloo Bridge, you might be lucky. I was the other night when both the Piccadilly and District lines were closed.

17 minutes ago, LBC said:

You could try booking with Addison Lee.

Unless you book one, taxis are actually thin on the ground in the Covent Garden area now that there are quite a few traffic restrictions. However, if you walk down towards Waterloo Bridge, you might be lucky. I was the other night when both the Piccadilly and District lines were closed.

Thank you for this.  I'm thinking that instead of sending flowers, a ride home might be more appreciated (and cheaper). 

Edited by oncnp

17 hours ago, oncnp said:

Thank you for this.  I'm thinking that instead of sending flowers, a ride home might be more appreciated (and cheaper). 

Lovely idea but it’s difficult to send dancers the gift of a private car or a taxi. When booking for the former, you have to give  the destination address. Taxis are paid for by the passenger according to the meter at the end of the journey. Also, the amount of time that artists take before they leave varies widely according to whether or not their coaches want to go through corrections, whether there are visitors to meet on stage, or whether there is a drinks reception or dinner after the show.

Of course, this same uncertain scenario can also make transport arrangements precarious for people who want to wait at the Stage Door.

• 2 weeks later...