Royal Opera House "Winter" booking period

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, JNC said:

Ok slightly reassured it's not just me but yes it appears Swan Lake is the only page that's broken (well I haven't checked any opera but the rest of the ballet pages seem to be working)  ...

also Tosca broken. Chrome and Edge browsers.

Edited by Timmie

5 minutes ago, Lynette H said:

Similiar problems here. Can log on in Edge but not Chrome but Swan Lake and R&J do not appear under what's on anymore

I'm having the same problem ... I'm so glad it isn't just me ... I thought I had done something terribly wrong like deleting them.  

Just now, bridiem said:

Just received an email from ROH - Booking open! Except none of it works... So why send the email?!

Very frustrating, you'd think someone would check everything works the morning of big booking days, like friends and general public. 

It clearly hasn't been working since about 8am so there would have been time to hopefully fix it, or at least notify people of when it can be fixed so we all have a fair start.

• Like 2

I emailed the Box Office and got the following reply: 

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

Our website is currently experiencing some technical issues which is causing problems with making bookings, such as performances not being visible on our calendar or not being able to log in. We are aware of this and are working on a fix, so please bear with us while we find a solution.

Our phone lines open from 10am if you would like to call us to make your booking.

1 minute ago, bridiem said:

Some of us planned our day around the 9am time and have to go out at 10am... 

Agreed. Probably not any 'right' or fair way they can fix it but I wonder if they could now just wait until 9am tomorrow to open it up so everyone knows when it'll open. Would also save us constantly refreshing the web page, or the phone lines being overwhelmed at 10am. 

• Like 3

I do sincerely realise this is a situation they would not have wished.  It must be as stressful for them as it is for us.

Wonder if they now have all the staff about to man the phone lines.

Sadly some of us have to work!!!  It's a real world anyhow!!!

Edited by Bruce Wall
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, JNC said:

Agreed. Probably not any 'right' or fair way they can fix it but I wonder if they could now just wait until 9am tomorrow to open it up so everyone knows when it'll open. Would also save us constantly refreshing the web page, or the phone lines being overwhelmed at 10am. 

Good idea!

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, JNC said:

I've just emailed the Box Office to suggest this.

• Like 2

Managed to get SL tickets via Edge but still can't sign in on Chrome.  Not everything is fixed yet.  Wierdly, even though I can't sign in via Chrome, SL shows as available and you can put tickets in the basket - though if you aren't signed in, how do they know you are a Friend ? 

Edited by Lynette H

Thanks so much Nina99, same issues here and Safari worked better.  Despite being locked out etc., I finally managed to book all 3 productions I was desperate for. Here are my tips for those who are still struggling!

• In advance - buy the most expensive level of membership that you can afford!... sorry, obviously this is the least helpful tip. But also:
  • Use Safari (thanks Nina99!)
  • I found a "back door" to several of the productions. Click on "Calendar view" on the general "Tickets and Events" page, click to the month you want, and keep refreshing the page until your choice finally shows up. From here I was able to book several productions that were still showing as "error" on their usual pages, and not showing up at all in the usual listings. 
  • Once it's in your basket, pay for it in good time!  Because you don't know how long that's going to take, and there are errors there too. You may have to click back or refresh etc. several times if you get error messages. And card payment didn't work, so I had to use PayPal. 
  • If all that fails, call the normal members' box office number (given on the website and in your emails) 5 or 10 minutes before 10am. You will then be placed in the queue for when they start to take bookings over the phone at 10am. 
  • (Stuff that didn't work: re-setting the password.) 
  • Phew. May you all get the tickets you want today...  💝
Edited by MiaL
correction
  • Like 4