Vocational school applications for Y7 entry 2022

BalletBoysDad

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 09/03/2022 at 13:15, BalletBoysDad said:

No, we applied to WL, Paris Opera Ballet, YDA and Tring.  No more auditions for my DS, so time for a much needed rest.  A YDA 'yes' which we are very happy about.

Congratulations for YDA! What a fantastic school it seems. My DS also in there (I think we chatted a couple of times?;) Enjoy!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Nicky73 said:

Congratulations for YDA! What a fantastic school it seems. My DS also in there (I think we chatted a couple of times?;) Enjoy!

I am so impressed with the school, it has so many wonderful aspects! I hope your DS had a great time too. 😊 

Edited by BalletBoysDad
Mistake
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ottobotto said:

Does anyone know the process at Elmhurst if children have covid? We have so many cases in schools around us and I'm panicking that there's going to be a positive test 😱!!

My DD is at the Elmhurst final on Wednesday too. I don’t think that they have asked to see proof of a negative covid test? X 

On 20/03/2022 at 14:25, BalletBoysDad said:

I am so impressed with the school, it has so many wonderful aspects! I hope your DS had a great time too. 😊 

YDA sounds like a fantastic school. We know a few children in there and all really enjoying it. Lovely little community and lots of performance opportunities. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Ottobotto said:

It was a no from RBS for us! Hoping some people had good news 🙂

Sorry to hear this,  my DD was so upset last year when she had a no. In my opinion everything happens for a reason an maybe your DS will be happier somewhere else.  I hope your DS Elmhurst audition went well today. My DD is so happy there. 

Edited by Ballet Dreams
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ballet Dreams said:

Sorry to hear this,  my DD was so upset last year when she had a no. In my opinion everything happens for a reason an maybe your DS will be happier somewhere else.  I hope your DS Elmhurst audition went well today. My DD is so happy there. 

A yes to final auditions at Elmhurst 🙂

• Like 3

I'm sorry @Ottobotto Great he has Elmhurst recall to look forward to though. The Elmhurst process for girls this week is pretty brutal isn't it?! Does anyone know what sort of time they'll send the email telling them whether or not they're through to the Thursday? My pupil is fortunate in that she can stay with family but if you need a hotel, it's a nightmare!

5 minutes ago, Julsgalaxy said:

Woweeeee…. I can’t quite believe it but DS has got a yes for WL for yr7😃 I’m in shock I think and he’s overjoyed 😃

I hope there’s more good news for you all today xx 

Congratulations 🎉! What fabulous news 😊

6 minutes ago, MissEmily said:

I'm sorry @Ottobotto Great he has Elmhurst recall to look forward to though. The Elmhurst process for girls this week is pretty brutal isn't it?! Does anyone know what sort of time they'll send the email telling them whether or not they're through to the Thursday? My pupil is fortunate in that she can stay with family but if you need a hotel, it's a nightmare!

We heard around 3:30. We had made the 2.5 HR journey home but it says it's a midday start on Thursday so no hotel needed thankfully! 

2 hours ago, Fairydust said:

Its a no for DD

So very proud of her though

Fingers crossed for MAs

Fantastic news for all those with a yes xx

Well done to all that applied, what a process it has been

Oh I’m so sorry. It really has been a gruelling process hasn’t it.

got everything crossed for you for MA’s xx

• Like 1