• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, jossbisson said:

Hi it’s about 10 minutes in a taxi from new street and is about £8 

there’s a Costa nearby or the MAC both are perfect to shelter in 

Agree Costa is a good bet...it is within walking distance (about 5 minutes)...last year we weren't allowed in due to covid not sure if any different this year. The car park in elmhurst isn't huge and we were cutting it fine for time so when we pulled in there were no spaces (luckily someone left in order for me to park)...so get there early if you can x 

4 hours ago, Clementine said:

Does anyone know how many Elmhurst take to Finals (for Y7)? How many they take to Day 2? How they let the children know whether or not they’re invited to Day 2 on the first day?

Thank you! 

You will need someone with a DC who is yr 9 or above to answer this as current yr us and is haven't had auditions which run like this. No second day for physio etc. Wasn't done til they started in Sept.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sunrise81 said:

You will need someone with a DC who is yr 9 or above to answer this as current yr us and is haven't had auditions which run like this. No second day for physio etc. Wasn't done til they started in Sept.

I meant current yr 7s and 8s 🤣

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SJBallet said:

Fingers crossed for you @Ottobottohopefully we’ll all hear next week.

re Hammond funding finals. Does anyone know if they assess flexibility? I know they did at prelims but do they have another look?  

They do some stretching during the audition, I wouldn’t worry as my ds got a place and was no where near his splits. 

• Like 1

On 17/01/2022 at 17:33, BattementBatty said:

Have there been any more emails about the RBS semis? Just checking I haven't missed an email - I have to use a different account for daughter #2 as my main one is registered to daughter #1 as an MA 😁 so I'm always worried I'm missing something.

There was an email today with times etc, for anyone else looking out for this. 

It is!

three weeks plus postage time - might be here next Tuesday!

On a related note - for any of those parents that have heard from Elmhurst only a few days after you auditioned - did you receive an email the day of your audition saying that you would hear in 7-10 working days?

Thanks 🙂

Can I ask parents of students going to Hammond MDS auditions about the enrolment forms. Do you have to pay £160 to even attend the MDS audition??? I emailed the school asking if the forms need to be completed , even if you needed MDS funded to attend, to which they replied yes but they didn’t mention the fee which says you must tick to say you’ve paid!! 

5 minutes ago, Ottobotto said:

Can I ask parents of students going to Hammond MDS auditions about the enrolment forms. Do you have to pay £160 to even attend the MDS audition??? I emailed the school asking if the forms need to be completed , even if you needed MDS funded to attend, to which they replied yes but they didn’t mention the fee which says you must tick to say you’ve paid!! 

Yes I think you do. I got all the way to the end of the form yesterday after ringing then and they said to fill in the form but like you I didn’t know about the fee. I’m going to have to start all over again as I didn’t have birth certificate etc.. to hand. 

2 hours ago, Ottobotto said:

I wondered the same. 

4 hours ago, Ottobotto said:

We went through this last year. Unfortunately the fee does have to be paid to attend x

12 minutes ago, MissEmily said:

That’s bonkers! Not everyone has £160 lying around, especially with all the cost of auditions as it is, and the prospect of paying some fees on the horizon! Is it to cover additional admin do we think?

It says it’s an enrolment deposit I think. I just can’t justify paying that considering if we were to be offered a place somewhere else beforehand (obviously this is a hypothetical ‘if’!) we mightn’t need to attend anyway. And then we’ve paid £160 for nothing. I wonder if you don’t pay what happens???

2 hours ago, Crazylifecrazykids said:

Yes the fee of £160 is payable before the funding final I am pretty sure. I believe its a registration fee. Give them a call to clarify though, they are very approachable and helpful 😊 They will say for sure.

Yes we paid last year. Hammond was a serious contender for us so we thought it was worth it to go. She loved the final audition but ended up going somewhere a bit closer. As Crazylife says they're so lovely if you ever have queries etc x 

• Like 1

@Ballet-Tutu we have had a no as well today. I hope it’s only for the full time as dd was planning on applying for extended young dancers now. I thought they were separate! Does your child attend young dancers? Dd does and is worried everyone else will have got through when she goes tomorrow.

32 minutes ago, Ballet-Tutu said:

Has anyone had Elmhurst audition results this week? We got ours today, unfortunately it was a no but I’m unsure as to whether this is for full time or associates aswell? Thank you 

Elmhurst Extended YoungDancers is a separate application.  Auditions are usually in the summer term. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bookish said:

@Ballet-Tutu we have had a no as well today. I hope it’s only for the full time as dd was planning on applying for extended young dancers now. I thought they were separate! Does your child attend young dancers? Dd does and is worried everyone else will have got through when she goes tomorrow.

Aw that’s good then. Yes DC has attended young dancers since Y4 x

6 minutes ago, Bookish said:

Glad my dd won’t be the only one, but sorry your dd has had a no as well. It’s been a tricky evening managing her emotions.

So sorry to hear your news. I know exactly how you feel. I told DD before her local dance classes on the Friday and she went straight to bed and didn’t want to come out. I let her have her time and by Saturday afternoon she felt able to see her dance friends. Sometimes they just need some time. 

I hope your DD bounces back quickly. X

• Like 5