Hi all,

This might have been asked before so apologise in advance, I couldn’t find anything while navigating. 
How long has anyone waited after sending the screening information to get a response about applying to audition?

TIA

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Whiteduvet said:

Congratulations!! How many get through the Tring screening? For year 7? My daughter really likes the look of the school. 

I’m not sure to be honest. I know of other kids at my daughters dance school and they got passed the screening too. 
we went to the open day and my daughter fell in love with it 

8 hours ago, Ljmk said:

I’m not sure to be honest. I know of other kids at my daughters dance school and they got passed the screening too. 
we went to the open day and my daughter fell in love with it 

My dd loved it too and would have chosen it over her current school if she had been awarded the funding for it. The numbers auditioning seem to be comparable to the other schools. The same kids tend to turn up everywhere. 

22 minutes ago, Farawaydancer said:

My dd loved it too and would have chosen it over her current school if she had been awarded the funding for it. The numbers auditioning seem to be comparable to the other schools. The same kids tend to turn up everywhere. 

Ha yes-they should just have one audition for everything rather than making everyone slog around everywhere...!!

• Like 1

On 21/10/2020 at 21:38, Crazylifecrazykids said:

My DD passed the screening now to do the audition video 🙈 haha, I'm not worried... much lol 

Wow, amazing and interesting. Congratulations on passing screening. I have sent my DD info, but not holding much hope that she will pass screening as only their CBA and BBA past  few years and not much experience otherwise (no festivals and competitions).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mum of unicorn dancer said:

Wow, amazing and interesting. Congratulations on passing screening. I have sent my DD info, but not holding much hope that she will pass screening as only their CBA and BBA past  few years and not much experience otherwise (no festivals and competitions).

I'm sure she will be fine 🙂 its all about potential at this age, hopefully you will hear back soon. We heard very quickly then it was a couple of weeks for audition info to be sent. Good luck xx

7 hours ago, Crazylifecrazykids said:

This is for yr7 entry. After passing the screening I received all the audition info, which is video submission, really clear and concise it's just my technical skills I worry about! 😅

I wonder if the videos are just for year 7 or all years? Good luck xx

13 minutes ago, ponklemum said:

I’ve just emailed my ds screening info across. Do they let you know either way or only if it’s a yes? 

Im not sure. I emailed 2 days ago and haven't heard anything. It may not be a good sign...as it looks like people on this thread heard straight away. However it I'd half term so who knows, maybe emails noy being picked up so quickly if people aren't in work. We are still not sure whether to do auditions for ballet schools so if its a no I think we will just do associate auditions instead x 

4 minutes ago, Mum of unicorn dancer said:

I have emailed last week Thursday evening and did not hear too - but I do suspect that she will not pass the screening as she is only Tring CBA and Ballet Boost past 2.5 years and no competitions or festivals

Aw we also have no experience in festivals/comps! She has only started associates in sept too. I hope they let us know either way x 

17 minutes ago, Raquelle said:

Aw we also have no experience in festivals/comps! She has only started associates in sept too. I hope they let us know either way x 

Don’t worry about festivals or comps or associates my lad hasn’t done comps in 3 years now and nothing like some studios and he never did a ballet  he got offered a place at the Hammond for year 8 whilst a lad who we know had spent a few years as a royal JA and didn’t even make the recalls for year 7 last year my lad has never done royal JA’s etc  and only got in at the Hammond associates last year after trying the two previous years with a no and then he got offered a full time place, which we still had to turn down due to funding.

it’s all about strength a lot of the time 

I hope you hear back son it’s a very stressful time at the best of times waiting to hear xx

Edited by WrapsnBows

2 hours ago, Mum of unicorn dancer said:

I have emailed last week Thursday evening and did not hear too - but I do suspect that she will not pass the screening as she is only Tring CBA and Ballet Boost past 2.5 years and no competitions or festivals

Neither of my dcs did any competitions or festivals, just associates, and they both got y7 places with mds. The screening is very much just checking that they haven’t got complete novices rocking up, and that they seem to have the physical attributes they’re looking for.