2 hours ago, busydanceparent said:

Hi, Has everyone included a school report and school reference with the video? Just noticed it and we won’t have time to get a reference from school... thank you x

Hi, I haven’t sent off the video yet and haven’t got a school report or reference to put with it. I’m hoping Tring had enough information from the school when they they emailed them. X

• Like 1

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Just found this thread. My dd decided she wanted to try and apply for year 10 entry so have sent an email with her info and the photos. We sent on NYE so presuming someone might pick up the email tomorrow onwards? Am I right in reading the closing date is 18th Jan?

48 minutes ago, Number11 said:

Just found this thread. My dd decided she wanted to try and apply for year 10 entry so have sent an email with her info and the photos. We sent on NYE so presuming someone might pick up the email tomorrow onwards? Am I right in reading the closing date is 18th Jan?

Hi number 11 the closing date for young dancers was jan 4th (we are applying for year 7 place) I think but it may be different for older years? Should be on their website? I emailed them over Christmas and they replied saying they will pick up emails tomorrow x good luck with your application x 

38 minutes ago, Whiteduvet said:

Does anyone know why there are two ‘audition’ sessions for the junior dance course listed on the website? One begins tomorrow, one isn’t until feb/March. Does that mean results will be delayed until then? Or are there two rounds of auditions..?

From my understanding.... which is limited as I'm new to all this haha. There's the preliminary round then from there, funding finals  but I'm sure someone with more knowledge will be able to correct me if I'm wrong xx

Edited by Crazylifecrazykids

On 10/01/2021 at 13:40, Crazylifecrazykids said:

From my understanding.... which is limited as I'm new to all this haha. There's the preliminary round then from there, funding finals  but I'm sure someone with more knowledge will be able to correct me if I'm wrong xx

Ah. So that’s the funding date? That would make sense x

52 minutes ago, KeenButClueless said:

Last year they held auditions in January and February/March. I think the last first rounds were only a week or two before the funding audition. 
We heard back quickly from our audition though, we didn’t have to wait until they’d completed all the first rounds.

Wonder what they will do this time? Send them out after all videos in or send them out after closing dates.. ours was the 4th Jan but I've read of later submission dates too, will it be email or letter lol....oh the questions! 🤣🤣🤣

7 minutes ago, Crazylifecrazykids said:

Wonder what they will do this time? Send them out after all videos in or send them out after closing dates.. ours was the 4th Jan but I've read of later submission dates too, will it be email or letter lol....oh the questions! 🤣🤣🤣

I was under the impression that they’d start looking from the 11th onwards and results given out 2-3 weeks from then xx

9 minutes ago, MrsR said:

Evening! 
Just wondering if everyone’s Tring video took ages to upload? 
Mine has been ‘uploading 1 item’ for a loooooooooong time but doesn’t actually appear to be doing anything. 

yes mine took a while to upload xx

9 hours ago, MrsR said:

Evening! 
Just wondering if everyone’s Tring video took ages to upload? 
Mine has been ‘uploading 1 item’ for a loooooooooong time but doesn’t actually appear to be doing anything. 

Mine did this and just would not upload to OneDrive, in the end I emailed it across via airdrop to the very patient and understanding registrar Adelia, who then uploaded it for me. I spent two full days trying to get my DS’s to upload, it was driving me crazy! Hope you manage to sort it! 

We created a YouTube link before we received the application form not realising that they wanted it uploading in a different format. Very stressful few hours on Monday trying to work out how to get the file across to my student so she could upload. I will be so glad when schools go back to auditioning everyone in person!

Has anyone had any views from Tring yet? They said they received my video but weirdly it isn't showing that they have actually viewed it...the other schools have at least viewed it i presume to check links working....x 

Edited by Raquelle

29 minutes ago, Raquelle said:

Has anyone had any views from Tring yet? They said they received my video but weirdly it isn't showing that they have actually viewed it...the other schools have at least viewed it i presume to check links working....x 

I don’t know for Tring as we had to send it over via air drop on email as we couldn’t get One Drive to work! I didn’t know you could see views on One Drive? x

19 hours ago, Raquelle said:

We sent ours to their one drive folder, so we wouldn't be able to see if it's been viewed or not. We had a closing date of the 4th Jan, I sent it before Christmas and they confirmed it was there and playing xx

7 minutes ago, Macy1 said:

Anyone with any insight on when lower school results will be out for the next stage?

I emailed yesterday to check they’d gotten my ds video ok as I’d heard nothing and I got a reply saying yes and to allow a couple of weeks for the results xx